Univ of Georgia football coach to be paid $13 M a year! Amateur sport???

you want tax payer money to go to your pet projects and dont give a rats ass about the people that can barely afford to pay it,,
I do? When did I say that?
first its student loans and now its sports teams that make hundreds of millions a yr,,
can only imagine whats next,,

all I want is if they can make hundreds of millions a yr they can pay their own tuition and other expenses the tax payer is paying for,, but you cant have that can you,,

Lets do a little math shall we? In 2021 the UGA football program ran a surplus of 46 million dollars per their NCAA financial disclosures. It costs a little under 30k a year for a student to attend UGA full time. There are 85 full scholarships allowed for Div 1 football teams. For easy math lets just just round the tuition costs up to 50k and the scholarship allowances up to 100. That's 5 million in scholarships. So if you subtract that from the 46 million it leaves 41 million that the football program generates over and above what it costs to have it. We won't get into all the tax revenue it generates from the games, gear sales, etc. So tell us all how it's possible that the UGA football program costs the taxpayers of Georgia a dime? BTW do you agree that taxes should be spent on what the people paying the taxes want them to be spent on? Even if the UGA football program was completely funded by taxes what are the chances the people of Georgia would vote to have those monies discontinued? There's a better chance of England voting out the Monarchy.

Lets do a little math shall we? In 2021 the UGA football program ran a surplus of 46 million dollars per their NCAA financial disclosures. It costs a little under 30k a year for a student to attend UGA full time. There are 85 full scholarships allowed for Div 1 football teams. For easy math lets just just round the tuition costs up to 50k and the scholarship allowances up to 100. That's 5 million in scholarships. So if you subtract that from the 46 million it leaves 41 million that the football program generates over and above what it costs to have it. We won't get into all the tax revenue it generates from the games, gear sales, etc. So tell us all how it's possible that the UGA football program costs the taxpayers of Georgia a dime? BTW do you agree that taxes should be spent on what the people paying the taxes want them to be spent on? Even if the UGA football program was completely funded by taxes what are the chances the people of Georgia would vote to have those monies discontinued? There's a better chance of England voting out the Monarchy.
blah blah blah,,

first you want tax payers to pay student loans and now you want us to cover football programs that are making hundreds of millions a yr in profits,,

41M.

How much does it cost to operate the stadium
How much does it cost to operate the practice facilities
How much does it cost to pay the Head Coach
How much does it cost to pay the assistant coaches
How much does it cost to pay the support staff
How much do uniforms costs
How much does training equipment costs
How much does it cost to to travel to six away games a year?
How much does it cost to insure all of this

The Head Coach is making 13M a year...so 25%+ of that $41M is gone.

41M.

How much does it cost to operate the stadium
How much does it cost to operate the practice facilities
How much does it cost to pay the Head Coach
How much does it cost to pay the assistant coaches
How much does it cost to pay the support staff
How much do uniforms costs
How much does training equipment costs
How much does it cost to to travel to six away games a year?
How much does it cost to insure all of this

The Head Coach is making 13M a year...so 25%+ of that $41M is gone.
41 million is over and above all that dumb ass. The program generated 180 million that year.

are you saying you only want tax payer money going to the football program thats making hundreds of millions a yr and not to students??

sounds a little selfish to me,,
No taxpayer money goes to that football program dum dum. The entire UGA athletic department is funded by a non profit which receives exactly zero tax dollars. Not sure why that's so hard for you to wrap your little brain around.

Oh wait you are completely ideologically captured that's why.

No taxpayer money goes to that football program dum dum. The entire UGA athletic department is funded by a non profit which receives exactly zero tax dollars. Not sure why that's so hard for you to wrap your little brain around.

Oh wait you are completely ideologically captured that's why.
of course you can prove that no players scholarship is being paid by the school,,

lets start there,,

of course you can prove that no players scholarship is being paid by the school,,

lets start there,,

Yep.

Scholarships are funded by the Athletic Association. Full costs of in-state and out-of-state tuition are paid by the Athletic Association — no University, state or federal revenues can be used. However, generous contributions from alumni and friends are relied upon to meet our scholarship funding requirements.

Arent you tired of being wrong on this subject?

Yep.

Scholarships are funded by the Athletic Association. Full costs of in-state and out-of-state tuition are paid by the Athletic Association — no University, state or federal revenues can be used. However, generous contributions from alumni and friends are relied upon to meet our scholarship funding requirements.

Arent you tired of being wrong on this subject?
save it,,

you clearly care more about your football than the tax payer,,

I wasnt wrong,,

and like the typical leftist you cant allow someone to have a different opinion than yours and you must always get in the last jab,,
How were you not wrong? You've been wrong on basically everything in this thread. Can you name a thing (on topic) you havent been wrong on in this thread?

lets start there,,

I wasnt wrong,,

and like the typical leftist you cant allow someone to have a different opinion than yours and you must always get in the last jab,,

You made claims about the player's scholarship that were obviously wrong. If you can't admit when you are wrong, you shouldn't be on a debate site.

Forum List

Back