USMB Coffee Shop IV

Haven't been to Boston Market in a while, just checked online, looks like they do turkey and spiral cut ham for the holidays. I'm betting the whole chicken meal is cheaper........ :eusa_whistle:

Not big on Turkey although Constantinople is nice.......
We prefer ham or if we're lazy and one is nearby, Boston Market for a whole chicken meal......

I LOVE Boston Market Chicken!!!!

My mom is making two small turkeys, but I'd prefer chicken any day of the week...I've never tried Boston Market.

I usually choose chicken over turkey too, as would Hombre, but we have some major league turkey lovers in the family who will be here for Thanksgiving. Remember the scene in "Christmas Story" where the dad was the all time turkey lover? They're like that.

And Boston Market's rotisserie chicken is unlike any I've ever had--not the frozen store thing, but hot out of the oven at the restaurant. Most flavorful, tender, just awesome.

:lol:

Haven't been to Boston Market in a while, just checked online, looks like they do turkey and spiral cut ham for the holidays. I'm betting the whole chicken meal is cheaper........ :eusa_whistle:

Is there a Boston Market in Trinidad? Or would you have to drive to like Pueblo to get it?

We prefer ham or if we're lazy and one is nearby, Boston Market for a whole chicken meal......

My mom is making two small turkeys, but I'd prefer chicken any day of the week...I've never tried Boston Market.

I actually prefer the flavor of chicken too, but I only usually have turkey twice a year, so I figure what the heck. :D Turkey it is.

I actually prefer the flavor of chicken too, but I only usually have turkey twice a year, so I figure what the heck. :D Turkey it is.

Since I'm not cooking, I'm not complaining.:D

I'd have to ask them..."No liquor?..so what explains the hats

LOL. Okay, that was good. :)

Hope the day finds you all well and fit, ready for the eating marathon about about to take place...be the first year in quite a while I won't be frying a Turkey..feels odd to let a tradition lapse on such a day...

Well, frying a turkey has never become a tradition at our house as I have never done that in my lifetime. I have eaten fried turkey I think twice just because it was brought to a potluck dinner. But I did consider having a non-traditional (sans turkey) Thanksgiving dinner this year. But my aunt picked up a freebie 16-pounder at the grocery store last week and insisted that I take it. (She and my uncle will be at our table for Thanksgiving dinner.) So......I'll put the bird in the oven early Thursday morning.

Right now the planned menu is very traditional:

Roast turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato souffle
Lime/pineapple salad
Strawberry salad
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped cream

All washed down with copious amounts of peach tea.

I will be having a traditional meal too.

Turkey
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Pork stuffing
Cranberry salad
Sweet potatoes
Turnip
Butternut squash
A few different types of bread (cranberry, pumpkin)
Apple pie and pumpkin pie

That's all I can remember right now. :D I will be going to my mom's and bringing a couple of those dishes. My grandmother, aunt, uncle and cousins will be there too. :) I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I like cooking and I love eating. Lol!

Hope the day finds you all well and fit, ready for the eating marathon about about to take place...be the first year in quite a while I won't be frying a Turkey..feels odd to let a tradition lapse on such a day...

Well, frying a turkey has never become a tradition at our house as I have never done that in my lifetime. I have eaten fried turkey I think twice just because it was brought to a potluck dinner. But I did consider having a non-traditional (sans turkey) Thanksgiving dinner this year. But my aunt picked up a freebie 16-pounder at the grocery store last week and insisted that I take it. (She and my uncle will be at our table for Thanksgiving dinner.) So......I'll put the bird in the oven early Thursday morning.

Roast turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato souffle
Lime/pineapple salad
Strawberry salad
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped cream

Turkey
Pork stuffing
Cranberry salad
Sweet potatoes
Turnip
Butternut squash

That's all I can remember right now. :D I will be going to my mom's and bringing a couple of those dishes. My grandmother, aunt, uncle and cousins will be there too. :) I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I like cooking and I love eating. Lol!

I love to cook too. And every Thanksgiving I try one new recipe that I either invented or have been wanting to make but needed an occasion to do it. Unfortunately, except for my aunt who will be here--she's 88 years old--and an older sister who is no longer physically able to entertain--I am the oldest in my generation so the tradition always comes to my house. My aunt is the last living of her generation too.

Roast turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato souffle
Lime/pineapple salad
Strawberry salad
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped cream

Turkey
Pork stuffing
Cranberry salad
Sweet potatoes
Turnip
Butternut squash

I love to cook too. And every Thanksgiving I try one new recipe that I either invented or have been wanting to make but needed an occasion to do it. Unfortunately, except for my aunt who will be here--she's 88 years old--and an older sister who is no longer physically able to entertain--I am the oldest in my generation so the tradition always comes to my house. My aunt is the last living of her generation too.

Lol! I tried a new recipe last year, and discovered that I don't like fennel. :D It was fennel and celery root puree. People who like fennel would probably like it, but I didn't like the flavor of it at all.

I'm tossing a ham in the crock pot, pouring over it some pineapples and brown sugar and walking away for a few hours. To go with it, my whipped yams with marshmellows on top and a can of green beans. Done.

Roast turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato souffle
Lime/pineapple salad
Strawberry salad
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped cream

Turkey
Pork stuffing
Cranberry salad
Sweet potatoes
Turnip
Butternut squash

Lol! I tried a new recipe last year, and discovered that I don't like fennel. :D It was fennel and celery root puree. People who like fennel would probably like it, but I didn't like the flavor of it at all.

I think I heard/read that fennel has a black licorice flavor...I'm not a fan. However, if my guy made it for me, I'd eat it with a smile.:eusa_angel:

I will usually not choose licorice over other flavors, but don't really dislike it. However, I don't think I would want a fennel/licorice flavored side dish at Thanksgiving. :)

I just made the YUMMIEST potato soup in the crock pot. Hubs went back for 3rds!!! I went back for 2nds. Dayum it was good.
I had it in my pinterest but when I clicked the link to get the recipe to make it today, the pic was there but the recipe was gone. Kaput. Good thing I wrote it down a few months ago and stuck it in a drawer, lol.

The food that I always look forward to the most at holidays are the deviled eggs.:thup:

deviled-egg.jpg

I just made the YUMMIEST potato soup in the crock pot. Hubs went back for 3rds!!! I went back for 2nds. Dayum it was good.
I had it in my pinterest but when I clicked the link to get the recipe to make it today, the pic was there but the recipe was gone. Kaput. Good thing I wrote it down a few months ago and stuck it in a drawer, lol.

Okay. I'm looking for a good potato soup recipe and a crock pot one would be heaven. So, now's the time to type out what you wrote down. And copy and paste it here.

Roast turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato souffle
Lime/pineapple salad
Strawberry salad
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped cream

My father in law was a preacher after he retired from the Army, his first church was New Iberia, La, the love fried Turkey, he showed me how to do it one Thanksgiving, since then that was my job frying one Turkey and Smoking another, someone else did the Oven roasted......mmmmm good stuff... He said it was like a foreign country there but he loved it...

I've not seen it done. How big a turkey? What do you fry it in? With what heat source? How do you know it is done?

First of all one must be the adventurist sort...and not accident prone...
One needs about a 10 pound bird, I and some Cajun Butter with injector

untitled.png
bayou-classic-5030-marinade-injector.jpg

There are two kinds of fryers a propane
turkey-fryer2.jpg
c
or Electric...electric safest

Hint...before one does anything put still wrapped turkey in plastic trash bag, put it in the tall alum. pot, add water until you cover turkey by 1/2" take turkey out and mark the pot at the water level. That will be the level of you will need to fill with oil, Cajuns use peanut oil...or that's what I was taught...Cajun Butter or whatever on likes

Fire up propane burner, bring oil up to 350 degrees, inject turkey with Cajun Butter or whatever on likes pierce through turkey through to the cavity where the leg meets the breast...carefully lower turkey into oil...carefully! Fry for 45 minutes to an hour and its done..I used fresh turkey so I knew it was completely thawed... a 1 margarita limit process...really an outdoor process, I would set mine up by my pit and watch the turkey and ham I had smoking..

Forum List

Back