What’s wrong with America

CEO pay has skyrocketed 1,322% since 1978​

Our pay went up 18%.
Mine went up a lot more than 18%. What’s wrong with you?

How about you bite a dog butt?
I prefer a bratwurst, boiled in beer then placed on the grill. When they are nicely browned put them in a warm roll with mustard and red onion.

I don't bite our dog Roxy nor does she bite me. She has good a sense with a lot of nouns and verbs - better it seems than you do.

I have never bitched abiout the 1%,,
why would I when they pay the majority of taxs that keep this country running so smoothly??

I applaud it when anyone manages to make more money when made honestly,,

you want to bitch about someone that doesnt deserve more money go after politicians that constantly fuck things up ,, not to mention the insider trading they do with the legislation they make,,

DEATH TO UNIONS,,
Don't bitch about the 1%. Their fortunes haven't skyrocketed like CEO pay has.

We just talked about this at work. Water cooler talk. These guys are all conservatives. I asked them how do they feel that since unions went from 35% of the workforce down to 9%, CEO pay has gone up 1322% and our pay in that same 45 years our pay only went up 18%. Stunned them.

So that's the only problem with America.

If you want to know who ruined America, it's baby boomers particularly baby boomer CEO's. Reagan, Republicans, anti union people ruined America.

America would be great if CEO pay went up 661% and our pay went up 36%. I split the difference. Instead of CEO pay going up 1322% cut that shit in half. And instead of our pay going up 18% double that. That's what would MAGA.

Mine went up a lot more than 18%. What’s wrong with you?
This isn't about me and you. Mine went up too. But this isn't about you and me. This is about labor overall. 18%. And CEO's overall. 1322% up. See the problem here? Now I know you will defend CEO's at all cost because you either are one or a house slave who's doing just fine this doesn't bother you. Good for you.

My brothers went up more than that too. He's a VP of a Fortune 500. He decided or they decided that he's worth $1 million dollars a year. I'm sure CEO's back in 1978 didn't make anywhere close to that so I'm sure his went up a lot more than that too.

If labor had a seat at the table, my brother would only be making $500,000 a year. And you'd be crying for him. That he deserves more. That's fucking weird. You must be a VP yourself. Or a house slave.

We just talked about this at work. Water cooler talk. These guys are all conservatives. I asked them how do they feel that since unions went from 35% of the workforce down to 9%, CEO pay has gone up 1322% and our pay in that same 45 years our pay only went up 18%. Stunned them.

If you want to know who ruined America, it's baby boomers particularly baby boomer CEO's. Reagan, Republicans, anti union people ruined America.

America would be great if CEO pay went up 661% and our pay went up 36%. I split the difference. Instead of CEO pay going up 1322% cut that shit in half. And instead of our pay going up 18% double that. That's what would MAGA.
That would be a great start.

Quit worrying about how much other people make and make yourself more valuable to your employer.
That's what I would expect someone at the top in an unfair society to say.

You cons want to take us back to a time when labor wasn't paid what we were worth and had no seat at the table. That's where you want us to start negotiating.

You see, your attitude is the reason why unions are necessary.

UPS reaches tentative contract with 340,000 unionized workers, potentially dodging calamitous strike​

Unions are good!!!!

I just showed you that since Reaganonics, Bushanomics and your anti union bullshit, workers pay overall has only gone up 18%. CEO pay went up 1500%?

See you're another one who's trying to make this about me. It's not about me. I'm flourishing doing it your way. But labor is not. And it's because your way produces working poor and filthy rich CEO's.

Want to MAGA? Then support unions.

Yez, massa. How high? Is there such a thing as "enough"?
What that fool doesn't understand is that the CEO doesn't value any of us. And one of the ways the CEO gets a bonus is by keeping labor costs down. NOT giving raises when they should.

His answer is quit. Go work somewhere else. Go back to school. Work harder. Well how come they don't give that same advice when they are talking about inflation and Biden's economy? Hypocrites.

Quit worrying about inflation and go tell your employer to pay you more money instead of giving the CEO all the gains.

We’ve been bitching about the 1%. Even their wealth hasn’t gone up this much.

Interesting fact. In the years ceo pay has skyrocketed and our wages only 18%, unions went from 35% of the workforce down to about 9%. That means without union protection, labor lost its seat at the table. And this ceo pay reflects that.

And it’s not just the CEOs. It’s all the vps and people right underneath them. All of them pay themselves what they think they are worth and they pay labor what they think it’s worth.

Strong case for why unions are important.

If Union representation had been actually representing the workforce instead of the money the workers provided it would be a very different outcome.

So many of the labor "leaders" represented themselves instead of the people...as evidenced by their insane wealth and corrupt practices.
One of the largest mutual funds in the stock market has the highest fees of any fund out there....but those who contribute to it have no choice or say as to whether they can contribute to the fund or not or any other investment for retirement.

Which is THE piece of condemning evidence of why Union membership is failing.

CEO pay has gone up 1322% and our pay in that same 45 years our pay only went up 18%.

Bullshit.

1690467725577.png

do tell,,

how much do the people running unions make??

you sound like a whiney little bitch that failed in his own life so takes it out on others,,

DEATH TO UNIONS,,

If Union representation had been actually representing the workforce instead of the money the workers provided it would be a very different outcome.

So many of the labor "leaders" represented themselves instead of the people...as evidenced by their insane wealth and corrupt practices.
One of the largest mutual funds in the stock market has the highest fees of any fund out there....but those who contribute to it have no choice or say as to whether they can contribute to the fund or not or any other investment for retirement.

Which is THE piece of condemning evidence of why Union membership is failing.
Yes but ever hear don't throw the baby out with the bathwater? The "corporate" media spent decades waging war against unions. So by Bush's 2000's you guys were sure okay with them sending all those "overpaid" blue collar manufacturing jobs overseas.

Today you claim to be pro blue collar. Yea, $21 hr. The blue collar that made America great made a lot more than that. The middle class is not what it once was.

And remember, those were baby boomer union leaders. That entire generation fucked us all good.

do tell,,

how much do the people running unions make??

you sound like a whiney little bitch that failed in his own life so takes it out on others,,

DEATH TO UNIONS,,
Look at you. Just mentioning unions and you go on the offense.

Look at what no unions did. CEO pay went up 1600% and labor pay went up 18%. Are you stupid? You want to argue for the CEO continuing to get all the raises? Boy are you dumb.

Yes but ever hear don't throw the baby out with the bathwater? The "corporate" media spent decades waging war against unions. So by Bush's 2000's you guys were sure okay with them sending all those "overpaid" blue collar manufacturing jobs overseas.

Today you claim to be pro blue collar. Yea, $21 hr. The blue collar that made America great made a lot more than that. The middle class is not what it once was.

And remember, those were baby boomer union leaders. That entire generation fucked us all good.
unions are the reason jobs went overseas,,,

And there is no way to remove those unions from the skilled trades to create a new set of Unions.

Most companies have a disdain for even their best laborers. Why?
When labor doesn't have a seat at the table and the guys at the top get to decide, this is what you get. One for you and one, two three for me.

It is crazy. I've seen really good people come and go because the company won't budge on pay. My brother said the only way to get more money is to quit and go work somewhere else. People who stay put can expect their salary to stay put too. You aint goin no where.

Forum List

Back