Who believes "fake news"?

New poll reveals the big reason belief in the flat Earth is booming

Link between religion and people who believe the Earth is flat | Daily Mail Online

"up to 2% of people now believe the Earth is not a globe." This is in the US.

"A YouGov poll of 8,215 people in America found that 52% of people believe the Earth is flat consider themselves ‘very religious’"

Yes, 52% of those who BELIEVE the Earth is flat are "very religious". I wonder how many of them are "extremely religious".

4AE7631000000578-5587571-image-a-17_1523109197444.jpg

4AE7630500000578-5587571-image-a-19_1523109218450.jpg

The young are also more likely to think the world is flat. Is the internet having an impact on what people believe. That people having so much information at their hands will just pick and choose what they want to believe?

How anyone can think the world is flat when we have photos that show what the Earth is.

Images%2Bof%2BEarth%2BFrom%2BSpace-716014.jpg

When every planet around us is round, when the moon is also round. When we can travel across the globe and see the changing times. In the US, a country with many times zones, nine to be exact, how can people assume this is due to flatness?

It's because they're not thinking, they want to believe, they're blocking out reality and replacing it with something simpler.
Dear lord, are you people this moronic? Polls? This reminds me of polls about how 45% of Americans believe that the earth is 6000 yrs old. Has anyone ever met someone that believes that? I'm 58 years old, know a lot of hard core christians and in 58 years I've never met a single human being that believes that. Supposedly, nearly half the people in this country do believe it. What utter crap. 2% of Americans believe the earth is flat? When I hear that I make a mental note, if anyone polls me on the subject I will not only swear the earth is flat, I will swear I have proof. Oh and by the way, Elvis, Marilyn and Hoffa are alive and well and playing poker on Venus. Call me I'll swear to it.

I worked in a quite place that served alcohol and food. There were a few regular customers, realtors mostly, and they were guys with enough money, guys who were nice to people most of the time, normal guys.

Then every so often they'd change and the views coming out of their mouths were a little different.

People do that.

You might not know the people you're meeting have such views, but maybe they do.

Link between religion and people who believe the Earth is flat | Daily Mail Online

"A YouGov poll of 8,215 people in America found that 52% of people believe the Earth is flat consider themselves ‘very religious’"

Yes, 52% of those who BELIEVE the Earth is flat are "very religious". I wonder how many of them are "extremely religious".

The young are also more likely to think the world is flat. Is the internet having an impact on what people believe. That people having so much information at their hands will just pick and choose what they want to believe?

How anyone can think the world is flat when we have photos that show what the Earth is.

When every planet around us is round, when the moon is also round. When we can travel across the globe and see the changing times. In the US, a country with many times zones, nine to be exact, how can people assume this is due to flatness?

It's because they're not thinking, they want to believe, they're blocking out reality and replacing it with something simpler.

First off, 12 people.... a massive 12 people out of 8,000 in a survey.

Second, I have a strange suspicion, that people didn't take such a dumb survey seriously, and were just playing with it.
I could be wrong. But I know I would very tempted to say "Oh yeah, the earth is flat for sure" just to screw with the survey.

Seriously... why the heck are people wasting time on this? What good does this do, other than make you think you have a point about something, when you don't? You do realize your entire thread is a pointless waste of time? In fact, the only reason I bothered to respond to you, is because I'm confused what point you think you have made?

If you really want to compare brainless stupid myths people believe, go ask all your left-wing buddies over at Scientology, what that crap is all about.

Better still, go ask all those left-wing morons how many still believe that Reagan fired all the air traffic controllers, so that CIA operatives could fly Cocain into black neighborhoods in LA, to kill off black people.

I bet even money, far more believe in that fictional masterpiece, than the Earth being flat. Funny how you pick and choose which urban ledgends to focus on, huh?

And lastly, this survey doesn't make the left-wing look that good.

It's a well established fact that since G-d was banned from public schools more than 50 years ago, that teachers, teachers unions, and school administrators are heavily left-wing.

So all those people under the age of 50, who don't know what shape the earth is....... whose to blame for that? The heck have you left-wing democrats in charge of all the schools, been teaching all this time? Proof once again, left-wingers are completely incompetent at everything, especially education it seems. We spend more money per student than any other 1st world country, all based on left-wing tax and spend education policies......

....and then you think you have a point to make by saying "hey some of our public school students don't even know the earth isn't flat"....

You just incriminated yourself, and your entire ideology. Maybe you should reconsider your whole life. lol

Oh by the way, I'm very religious.
Isaiah 40:22
It is he who sits above the circle of the earth,
and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers;

Bible says the Earth is round. Enough said.

It's funny, on a thread on about who believes fake news, you shout "fake news".

Yes, you're religious. You believe stuff from some book. You don't know it's true, you believe. You've decided it's true, and you accept it's true, and then you complain about fake news......

irony, rather!

Dear lord, are you people this moronic? Polls? This reminds me of polls about how 45% of Americans believe that the earth is 6000 yrs old. Has anyone ever met someone that believes that? I'm 58 years old, know a lot of hard core christians and in 58 years I've never met a single human being that believes that. Supposedly, nearly half the people in this country do believe it. What utter crap. 2% of Americans believe the earth is flat? When I hear that I make a mental note, if anyone polls me on the subject I will not only swear the earth is flat, I will swear I have proof. Oh and by the way, Elvis, Marilyn and Hoffa are alive and well and playing poker on Venus. Call me I'll swear to it.

I worked in a quite place that served alcohol and food. There were a few regular customers, realtors mostly, and they were guys with enough money, guys who were nice to people most of the time, normal guys.

Then every so often they'd change and the views coming out of their mouths were a little different.

People do that.

You might not know the people you're meeting have such views, but maybe they do.
Let me take this to the "logical" leftist conclusion.....institutional racism, nazis, fascism.

People do that.

Let me take this to the "logical" leftist conclusion.....institutional racism, nazis, fascism.

Go on then.

People do that.

Go on then.
I just did.

Anyone who watches CNN and or MSNBC for example and thinks it is real, believe in fake news. Is that really news? :p

Anyone who watches CNN and or MSNBC for example and thinks it is real, believe in fake news. Is that really news? :p

Well, what is "news"?

Is it the truth? Has it ever been the truth?

News is what they decide news is.

I find this discussion very strange.

I'm willing to bet that at least 98% of Americans would say that they believe strongly in the First Amendment right of every American to think and speak as freely as their conscious directs. The poll says 2% of Americans believe in their hearts that the earth is flat. I going to choose to believe that number without looking it up.

Some here deny that Americans can be that gullible, even if they are religious. Not sure if that was an intended back-handed smack or not, but that's how I read it.

Some jump to the defense of religion, distancing themselves from the freaks and weirdos who could believe such a thing, and offended by the attempted association.

None seem to want to discuss the impact that religion can have on such beliefs, nor the philosophical question of, Are the religious gullible or are the gullible religious?

You can deny that they exist because you don't see them, but the the fact is, America is rife with gullible freaks and weirdos. I know this because I work on the front-lines of federal service making direct contact with the American Public every day.

Do I believe that the earth is flat? No. I've seen the curve with my own eyes from a window seat on a 737.

Do I have other beliefs that put me in a freaky weirdo minority?

I hope so.... I like to think that I am a free thinker. :spinner: It's kind of what we're supposed to do here in America.

Living up to the ideals laid out in The US Constitution means tolerating your neighbors, even the freaky weirdos.

`

I find this discussion very strange.

I'm willing to bet that at least 98% of Americans would say that they believe strongly in the First Amendment right of every American to think and speak as freely as their conscious directs. The poll says 2% of Americans believe in their hearts that the earth is flat. I going to choose to believe that number without looking it up.

Some here deny that Americans can be that gullible, even if they are religious. Not sure if that was an intended back-handed smack or not, but that's how I read it.

Some jump to the defense of religion, distancing themselves from the freaks and weirdos who could believe such a thing, and offended by the attempted association.

None seem to want to discuss the impact that religion can have on such beliefs, nor the philosophical question of, Are the religious gullible or are the gullible religious?

You can deny that they exist because you don't see them, but the the fact is, America is rife with gullible freaks and weirdos. I know this because I work on the front-lines of federal service making direct contact with the American Public every day.

Do I believe that the earth is flat? No. I've seen the curve with my own eyes from a window seat on a 737.

Do I have other beliefs that put me in a freaky weirdo minority?

I hope so.... I like to think that I am a free thinker. :spinner: It's kind of what we're supposed to do here in America.

Living up to the ideals laid out in The US Constitution means tolerating your neighbors, even the freaky weirdos.

`

People will believe a lot in America.

69% of Americans are Christians.
2% Jewish
1% Muslim
1% Buddhist
1% Hinduism

All of these religions require you to believe stuff. You're never, ever going to know whether this stuff is true or not.

These people go to a religious building and pray, they do all sorts of things in the name of a God.

They elect politicians who are basically con artists.

They believe things because they want to.

Then you get a poll, and all of a sudden they don't believe, can't believe that Americans will just believe stuff that's complete nonsense, even though they know MOST AMERICANS believe stuff that's complete nonsense.

I know you mean Christian, but I can tell you that is absolutely not the case.

You know I mean Christian do you? How's that?

Wait, let me guess, you just made it up out of thin air.

No, I'd bet there are Muslims in there too, I don't know about Jews and their thinking on it, but maybe some of those too.

No, I'd bet there are Muslims in there too, I don't know about Jews and their thinking on it, but maybe some of those too.
You're too cowardly to attack Christianity directly.

Just another attack on Christianity thread.
  • 66 per cent of millennials (ages 18-24) are round Earth believers, the poll stated

That's 44℅ who reject the idea that the earth is a globe. By "religious", do you think THESE tires are Christian?

They are returning to PAGAN religions.

Hell fake news is everywhere, particularly in the MSM. Fake news is a tool of the ruling class, to keep the masses in line. Apparently it works on many Americans.

Nothing new just more evident to some of us.

You're too cowardly to attack Christianity directly.

Just another attack on Christianity thread.
  • 66 per cent of millennials (ages 18-24) are round Earth believers, the poll stated

That's 44℅ who reject the idea that the earth is a globe. By "religious", do you think THESE tires are Christian?

They are returning to PAGAN religions.

Playing the victim somewhat aren't you.

Boohoo, I'm a Christian and I want you to attack me so I can be the victim.

And everyone is absolutely free to believe whatever bullshit that helps them to sleep at night.

And everyone is absolutely free to participate in the national discussion, seek out like minded freaks and weirdos and encourage each other to vote and participate.

And let the visions that guide and the fears that haunt America's freaks and weirdos rule the day.

:popcorn:

And everyone is absolutely free to believe whatever bullshit that helps them to sleep at night.

And everyone is absolutely free to participate in the national discussion, seek out like minded freaks and weirdos and encourage each other to vote and participate.

And let the visions that guide and the fears that haunt America's freaks and weirdos rule the day.

:popcorn:
What I believe generally keeps me UP at night.

I suspect we will be in a big war before much longer, but I intend to party like its 1999 before the idiots in charge get us all killed.

Forum List

Back