Zone1 Without Jesus, people are illogical and crazy (and immoral/unethical...)

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
I was a mess when I was younger... long story why but my family is not exactly the Waltons!

There was favoritism by our parents and I could go on all day, but the thing is, we were not catechized, even though we went to Mass every Sunday.

That, I see in hindsight, was totally insufficient to produce healthy Christian children/adults.

So yeh, I've read plenty of posters here who were not raised in any Christian religion and frankly, they virtually all say wacky things.. I feel for them, so I pray for them, but the case I know best is my own.

I couldn't overcome a lot of my weaknesses and sins (inclination to sin) until I prayed the rosary. Then I slowly made my way back to the Church and voila... Today I am enthused about Jesus... not just giving him lip service like I was (sporadically) in the past.

etc.........

One of Jesus's greatest gifts was recognition of the individual soul. This not only made each individual important to God, it also made that individual subject to his ultimate judgement. Before that, humans were essentially apex predators, governed by instinct and hormonal disturbances. After Jesus, we were charged with controlling our impulses for a greater good. Many have still not learned that lesson.

One of Jesus's greatest gifts was recognition of the individual soul. This not only made each individual important to God, it also made that individual subject to his ultimate judgement. Before that, humans were essentially apex predators, governed by instinct and hormonal disturbances. After Jesus, we were charged with controlling our impulses for a greater good. Many have still not learned that lesson.
we did NOT descend from apes if that is what u are saying!

That is NOT what I am saying. Keep focused on Jesus, not apes.
I was doing that until you inferred that we were descended from apes. I'm glad you don't believe that hogwash (or do you?)

ok, i just got back from re-reading your post.

You are saying in similar words to mine that we are beastly w/o Jesus

right? :)

Well the Crusades were sorta out of control.

d51a01d3b76dbd4cfcd043932d4789ff.jpg

it's inevitable:

You bring up something Catholic related and you get:

The Inquisition!

The Crusades!

BAD popes!

I mean, get outa here. The implication is that there is no BAD in the Protestant community or in its history!

The implication is that the criticizer of the Church is an angel!

Who knew???

it's inevitable:

You bring up something Catholic related and you get:

The Inquisition!

The Crusades!

BAD popes!

I mean, get outa here. The implication is that there is no BAD in the Protestant community or in its history!

The implication is that the criticizer of the Church is an angel!

Who knew???
Well I never heard tell of Southern Baptists invading the Holy Land.....Just sayin'. ;)

Well I never heard tell of Southern Baptists invading the Holy Land.....Just sayin'. ;)
Maybe you should read up on the Independent Fundamentalist Baptist "church"

This is a community that is very misogynistic. Women must always always submit to their husbands regardless

Children are subject to severe beatings by their parents. I read one case history of how the father beat the children over really petty things and always drew blood!

But I guess you are too busy hating Catholics to check that kind of thing out

we did NOT descend from apes if that is what u are saying!
:laughing0301: That was a classic! You thought Apex referred to Apes. Anyways, Jesus said "Keep my commandments." Even many of those he gave to Moses. But, you are right. People without a sound testimony of Jesus Christ have weak foundations and get lost in all the woke nonsense going on today.

No worries, I get it.....Most people that go on about some divine being dispensing grace and justice in His name don't want to talk about such things.
Actually, ministers preach that kind of hell and damnation all the time. it's why the Holy Ghost is the key in knowing good from evil and the truth.

Humans ARE apes. Or rather a kind of ape. The only reason people doubt it is because of a book written by ignorant sheepherders a few thousand years ago.
Right, and Jesus never actually lived. We just made Him up, didn't we?

And Catholics have made up the tangible Presence of Christ, experienced in the Original Church .

Hmm.. No, the Real Presence is like nothing / no one else on Earth. It's sad so many have never experienced it. All they have is Scripture..

Me? I'd rather be in someone's presence (if I love the person) than read something he or she wrote

Oh, wait, Jesus didn't write anything, that we know of. But you know... people wrote about Him..

Right, and Jesus never actually lived. We just made Him up, didn't we?
Indeed, Jesus almost certainly didn't exist. But that has nothing to do with the fact that we're apes.
And Catholics have made up the tangible Presence of Christ, experienced in the Original Church .
There is no tangible Presence of Christ. You probably have some kind of psychophysiological feeling that you interpret that way, but people of different religions also feel it but don't ascribe it to the Presence of Christ. As to the Roman Catholic Church being the Original Church, other Christians, like Orthodox Christians would disagree.

Hmm.. No, the Real Presence is like nothing / no one else on Earth. It's sad so many have never experienced it. All they have is Scripture..
What are Baptists and Pentecostals feeling in their false churches if Roman Catholicism is the One True Religion?

Me? I'd rather be in someone's presence (if I love the person) than read something he or she wrote
When I'm alone in the woods I'll sometimes feel like someone is watching me. Prove that I'm not in the Presence of Odin.

Oh, wait, Jesus didn't write anything, that we know of. But you know... people wrote about Him..
People who never met him wrote about him.

I'm glad to hear that you've been in his Presence. How tall is he? What color are his eyes? Does he have any distinguishing features like moles, skin tags, freckles, etc?
You can "seek and find" as well as anyone..

Therefore, I am putting you and others here on Ignore.

I am not your parent or caregiver... Do your own research... Seek and you will find

Forum List

Back