1,000 pound suicide bomb attack attempted at Kansas Army base

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
A 20-year-old man was arrested Friday while trying to arm what he thought was a 1,000-pound bomb near a Kansas military base as part of a plot to support the Islamic State group, federal prosecutors said.

650x366

This 2010 yearbook photo provided by Topeka Public Schools from a Topeka West High School shows John Booker. Booker, accused of planning a suicide attack at Fort Riley, was arrested Friday, April 10, 2015, while trying to arm what he thought was a bomb near the Kansas military base as part of a plot to support the Islamic State group, federal prosecutors said. (AP Photo, Topeka Public Schools)

John T. Booker Jr. is accused of planning a suicide attack at Fort Riley, about 70 miles west of Topeka. Prosecutors allege he told an FBI informant he wanted to kill Americans and engage in violent jihad on behalf of the terrorist group, and said he believed such an attack was justified because the Quran "says to kill your enemies wherever they are," according to a criminal complaint.

"It was alleged that he planned to pull the trigger of the explosives himself so that he would die in the explosion," U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said Friday morning. "He told an individual that detonating a suicide bomb was his No. 1 aspiration because he couldn't be captured and all the evidence would be destroyed and he would be guaranteed to hit his target."

FBI Man plotted suicide bomb attack at Kansas Army base - Chicago Tribune

Uhh...that's where the "attempted" comes in.

Had the bomb been real, the headline would be "1,000 Lbs suicide bomb DETONATED at Ft Riley Army Base"...and that my liberal friend is the point that all the emoticons in the world won't change.

But feel free to keep trying to make light of these threats...I mean, it's only American Soldiers at risk, and we all know how liberals feel about them.

Except there were 0 1,000 lb. bombs involved! :laugh:

That's ok... what's most important is that there was one obama constituent involved who BELIEVED that he was about to use half a ton of high explosive to murder massive numbers of innocent people... .

Which is important because it demonstrates the prophecy I set forth on 9-11-01 when I said that Foreign Islamic Fighters in the US would inevitably be replaced by Home Grown Leftists...

LOL! You should have SEEN the Left feigning unbridled outrage, as they weeped and gnashed their collective tooth.

Yet they've been running to Islam in greater numbers every year since 9-11... .

That's ok... what's most important is that there was one obama constituent involved who BELIEVED that he was about to use half a ton of high explosive to murder massive numbers of innocent people... .

Which is important because it demonstrates the prophecy I set forth on 9-11-01 when I said that Foreign Islamic Fighters in the US would inevitably be replaced by Home Grown Leftists...

LOL! You should have SEEN the Left feigning unbridled outrage, as they weeped and gnashed their collective tooth.

:lmao:

Do you think it could be the result of the discontent awakened and fueled by the community organizer?

Do you think it could be the result of the discontent awakened and fueled by the community organizer?

No.

Probably energized by the 3.5 megatons of hate for Obama that are seen here daily....

I suppose some of it is... but mostly it's just the natural consequences of evil intrinsic to Left-think.

One must first understand that the Ideological Left is the means by which Evil is advanced politically... once ya come to understand THAT... every the Left does, makes perfect sense.

No.

Probably energized by the 3.5 megatons of hate for Obama that are seen here daily....
You alluding to the possibility that the potential bomber wanted to retaliate agains Obama criticizers? Maybe so. I have never thought of that.

It's intrinsic alright, that we are forced to accept "diversity " when it means the decay of our own basic belief systems. I reject diversity outright, I never asked for it, don't need it.

There are few million muslims in the US, if they want to kill, they will do it on their own, do you think they need support from these american criminal converts who are already mentally crime prone?

No.

You're an Obama apologist trying to construe legit criticism as hate. Typical lefty propaganda.

A 20-year-old man was arrested Friday while trying to arm what he thought was a 1,000-pound bomb near a Kansas military base as part of a plot to support the Islamic State group, federal prosecutors said.

650x366

This 2010 yearbook photo provided by Topeka Public Schools from a Topeka West High School shows John Booker. Booker, accused of planning a suicide attack at Fort Riley, was arrested Friday, April 10, 2015, while trying to arm what he thought was a bomb near the Kansas military base as part of a plot to support the Islamic State group, federal prosecutors said. (AP Photo, Topeka Public Schools)

John T. Booker Jr. is accused of planning a suicide attack at Fort Riley, about 70 miles west of Topeka. Prosecutors allege he told an FBI informant he wanted to kill Americans and engage in violent jihad on behalf of the terrorist group, and said he believed such an attack was justified because the Quran "says to kill your enemies wherever they are," according to a criminal complaint.

"It was alleged that he planned to pull the trigger of the explosives himself so that he would die in the explosion," U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said Friday morning. "He told an individual that detonating a suicide bomb was his No. 1 aspiration because he couldn't be captured and all the evidence would be destroyed and he would be guaranteed to hit his target."

FBI Man plotted suicide bomb attack at Kansas Army base - Chicago Tribune

Forum List

Back