🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

a minority of American Muslims moving into the 21st century

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Omar Akersim prays regularly and observes the dawn-to-dusk Ramadan fast. He is also openly gay.

Akersim, 26, is part of a small but growing number of American Muslims challenging the long-standing interpretations of Islam that defined their parents' world. They believe that one can be gay and Muslim; that the sexes can pray shoulder-to-shoulder; that females can preach and that Muslim women can marry outside the faith — and they point to Quran passages to back them up.

The shift comes as young American Muslims work to reshape the faith they grew up with so it fits better with their complex, dual identity, with one foot in the world of their parents' immigrant beliefs and one foot in the ever-shifting cultural landscape of America. The result has been a growing internal dialogue about what it means to be Muslim, as well as a scholarly effort to re-examine the Quran for new interpretations that challenge rules that had seemed set in stone.

Muslim Movement Accepts Once-Taboo Causes - ABC News

Homosexuality is indeed a grave sin. However, like everyone who is guilty of a grave sin such as adultery, murder, etc., he or she still remains a Muslim, albeit a sinful one.

They remain Muslims, as long as they do not consider such grave deeds as lawful. There is a difference between someone who is committing a sin and someone who considers it as lawful. To declare that which Allah has clearly forbidden as lawful would result in a person’s expulsion from the fold of Islam.
Eye on 'Gay Muslims' | Principled, compassionate Islamic perspective

Recommended:
Does Islam Need Reformation? « Abdullah al Andalusi

Muslims in the 21st century? See if they can drag the Christians into the 20th? Thanks a bunch.

Every time you flap your festering gums, you make less sense than the last time. I'd say you are reduced to diapers and a catheter at this point.

I... approve. I love it when humans make the conscious choice to take a religion and evolve it so that it suits their Will. It shows power over those who seek to control, manipulate, and enslave them.

I can comment, sure. Islam is a backwards fetish masked as religion. There was no reformation as took place in Christianity, in fact the cult has only grown in its festering disease of intolerance and hatred while the rest of the world's faiths have become more enlightened. I hope there can be an awakening, but it seems that the "religion" itself is the greatest hindrance to any kind of spiritual growth.

I can comment, sure. Islam is a backwards fetish masked as religion. There was no reformation as took place in Christianity, in fact the cult has only grown in its festering disease of intolerance and hatred while the rest of the world's faiths have become more enlightened. I hope there can be an awakening, but it seems that the "religion" itself is the greatest hindrance to any kind of spiritual growth.

What ignorance. As if Christianity has "become enlightened" lmao.

BTW, I do not believe anyone should ever marry outside their alleged faith. That is not a step forward it's pure stupidity.

What reformation in Christianity? Only flopping from the far right of the religion.

You are the moron who welcomes another holocaust. So go chew on your lip as you await the next installment of GAME OF THRONES, moron.

What reformation in Christianity? Only flopping from the far right of the religion.

Never mind. If you don't know that much, there's no use in chatting.

Never mind. If you don't know that much, there's no use in chatting.

I suspicion y'all are an heretic believing that apostasy that wasn't somehow happened.

Hint: it did not.

You are the moron who welcomes another holocaust. So go chew on your lip as you await the next installment of GAME OF THRONES, moron.

Never seen it, but people have told me I might like it.

I... approve. I love it when humans make the conscious choice to take a religion and evolve it so that it suits their Will. It shows power over those who seek to control, manipulate, and enslave them.

Satan is your master and you his slave.

Omar Akersim prays regularly and observes the dawn-to-dusk Ramadan fast. He is also openly gay.

Akersim, 26, is part of a small but growing number of American Muslims challenging the long-standing interpretations of Islam that defined their parents' world. They believe that one can be gay and Muslim; that the sexes can pray shoulder-to-shoulder; that females can preach and that Muslim women can marry outside the faith — and they point to Quran passages to back them up.

The shift comes as young American Muslims work to reshape the faith they grew up with so it fits better with their complex, dual identity, with one foot in the world of their parents' immigrant beliefs and one foot in the ever-shifting cultural landscape of America. The result has been a growing internal dialogue about what it means to be Muslim, as well as a scholarly effort to re-examine the Quran for new interpretations that challenge rules that had seemed set in stone.
The faggot in the OP isn't changing anything about Islam.

Muslims have seen the destruction to Christianity when sodomites were allowed into the churches.

And we are Not going to allow Islam to go down that road. Period. .. :evil:

Forum List

Back