Adolf Hitler was a Devout Christian doing the Lord's Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you jumping on me? I didn't write the piece nor was I attacking the Jews.

The OP was just covering a part of history that many people are not aware of, that Hitler was a self described Chrisstian.
I've got a feeling no one would want to jump on you, except perhaps your other closeted friends.

Why can't you just debate the issue and stop the useless personal attacks?
You started the personal attacks by pretending that I was jumping on you for writing the C&P in the OP. By your pretense you were able to avoid answering any of the points I made.

As the article said, Germany was the most Christian of all Europen nations before WWII

Hitler himself declaired that he was doing the "Lord's Work".

How do we know that he wasn't?

True, this was the 2nd holocaust the Germans committed on the Jews! The first was back during the crusade times! The German crusades were to wipe out all non-Christian, primarily the Jews from Germany!

Some people say Adolf Hitler was an atheist. They blame atheism for Hitler's philosophy and actions. But the historical record shows that Hitler believed in God and was convinced he was carrying out God's will.

Hitler was raised in a Catholic family. He went to Catholic schools and served as an altar boy in the Catholic Church. Growing up in this environment, he surely learned something of the centuries of discrimination and persecution the Church had supported against Jews in Europe.

Former Jesuit theologian Peter de Rosa describes the groundwork Catholic theology laid for Hitler and the Nazis: "[Catholicism’s] disastrous theology had prepared the way for Hitler and his ‘final solution.’ [The Church published] over a hundred anti-Semitic documents. Not one conciliar decree, not one papal encyclical, bull, or pastoral directive suggest that Jesus’ command, ‘love your neighbor as yourself,' applied to Jews."

Not surprisingly, then, Hitler wrote in his book, Mein Kampf: ". . . I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work." He made essentially the same claim in a speech before the Reichstag in 1938.

Hitler considered himself a Catholic until the day he died. In 1941 he told Gerhard Engel, one of his generals: "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." In fact, Hitler was never excommunicated from the Catholic Church, and Mein Kampf was not placed on the Church's Index of Forbidden Books.

As for atheism, Hitler specifically opposed it in a 1933 speech in Berlin: "We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."

Hitler's biographer John Toland explains Catholicism's influence on the Holocaust. He says of Hitler: "Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of god. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of god. . .."

Even after World War II, Catholic assistance to the Nazis continued. The Vatican aided the escape of more Nazis than any other governmental or private entity. Christopher Hitchens adds: "It was the Vatican itself, with its ability to provide passports, documents, money, and contacts, which organized the escape network and also the necessary shelter and succor at the other end."

The Protestant influence on Nazi Germany was no better. Hitler is said to have greatly admired the German founder of Protestantism, Martin Luther. Among Luther's many denunciations of the Jews, there are such religious sentiments as: "The Jews deserve to be hanged on gallows seven times higher than ordinary thieves," and "We ought to take revenge on the Jews and kill them."

When Hitler was asked in 1933 what he planned to do about the Jews, he said he would do what Christians had been preaching for centuries. And the Nazis carried out their first large-scale pogrom of Jews in honor of Luther's birthday.

Christians constituted a wellspring of support for Hitler. Steve Allen notes that Nazi Germany in the 1930s "was the most church-affiliated nation in Europe. The German people were almost entirely Catholic and Lutheran. Despite such factors they launched the Holocaust and World War II." Charles Kimball likewise says the Holocaust "would not have happened without the active participation of, sympathetic support of, and relative indifference exhibited by large numbers of Christians."

Hitler's Christianity

However, Jesus didn't preach violence and hatred, yet Mohammed not only preached violence and hatred but practiced it with mass-murder, assassinations, classical antisemitism and with child molestation! He more closely resembles Hitler than anyone!

However, Jesus didn't preach violence and hatred, yet Mohammed not only preached violence and hatred but practiced it with mass-murder, assassinations, classical antisemitism and with child molestation! He more closely resembles Hitler than anyone!
Why are you bringing Islam into this discussion?

Please try to stay on topic. Thank You :eusa_angel:

A popular image of the Nazis is that they were fundamentally anti-Christian while devout Christians were anti-Nazi. The truth is that German Christians supported the Nazis because they believed that Adolf Hitler was a gift to the German people from God. German Christianity was a divinely sanctioned religious movement which combined Christian doctrine and German character in a unique and desirable manner: True Christianity was German and True German-ness was Christian.

It is widely recognized that Protestants were more attracted to Nazism than Catholics. This wasn’t true everywhere in Germany, but we can’t ignore the fact that Protestants, not Catholics, produced a movement (German Christians) dedicated to blending Nazi ideology and Christian doctrine. Protestant women were especially attracted to Nazism because of its cultural conservatism and promotion of traditional female social roles. Nazism was non-denominational, but Protestants favored it.

It is widely recognized that Protestants were more attracted to Nazism than Catholics. This wasn’t true everywhere in Germany, but we can’t ignore the fact that Protestants, not Catholics, produced a movement (German Christians) dedicated to blending Nazi ideology and Christian doctrine. Protestant women were especially attracted to Nazism because of its cultural conservatism and promotion of traditional female social roles. Nazism was non-denominational, but Protestants favored it.

Adolf Hitler: Many people pretend he wasn't a Christian. - The Skeptic Tank

It is all true what you say! I won't dispute it. The Aryan Nation is run by a so-called religion Preacher who calls himself a Priest! He was on the history channel stating that History was the 2nd prophet after Jesus, or something along those lines!

But that facts remain who stopped the Nazis? The Atheist Communist regime in the USSR, the Christians from Britian, the Christians from USA? What did the Muslims do at the time? They sided and agreed with Hitler. Most Muslim nations openly helped and supported him!

It is the Muslims of today that are preaching Hitler's rhetoric and trying to practice what he preached, not the Christians!

Why are you bringing Islam into this discussion?

Please try to stay on topic. Thank You :eusa_angel:

What is there to debate, most Christians try to say Hitler was an atheist, because they don't want him associated with their religion. But then they would be denying history! The article made a good point of that! Good job of that!

Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

Hitler the Christian Evangelist

well, other than any given jewish holy man from the old testament. You really wanna point a finger at mass murder, assassinations, and child molestation with a torah chock full of that same shit, jew? Demonizing muslims might tickle your heeb bone but it doesn't deflect the point of Hitler's christianity even if it's not posh to pick on the dogma that basically protects your little zionist golden child from becoming a jewish memory..

It is all true what you say! I won't dispute it. The Aryan Nation is run by a so-called religion Preacher who calls himself a Priest! He was on the history channel stating that History was the 2nd prophet after Jesus, or something along those lines!

But that facts remain who stopped the Nazis? The Atheist Communist regime in the USSR, the Christians from Britian, the Christians from USA? What did the Muslims do at the time? They sided and agreed with Hitler. Most Muslim nations openly helped and supported him!

It is the Muslims of today that are preaching Hitler's rhetoric and trying to practice what he preached, not the Christians!

oh sure.. I mean, it was ONLY the christians who thought to rid themselves of euro jews by kicking muslims in the balls long enough to deport you into the mid east! Hell, your kind sure don't fall into a specific end times prediction, eh perfected jew?

:lol:

Some people say Adolf Hitler was an atheist. They blame atheism for Hitler's philosophy and actions. But the historical record shows that Hitler believed in God and was convinced he was carrying out God's will.

You make a very important point Sunni. I commend you and have tried to give you some rep points for a good article. Unfortuantely, the system does not like me trying to give you positive Rep. It keeps on telling me that I have so spread Rep around. Sad that. If I see articles that show some research, I will try to acknowledge them. In some cases, the system does not want me to.

A very inportant thing to remember about calling Hitler a Christian or a Catholic, and that is that the vast majority of people who claim that they are practicing (WHATEVER) are usually ignorant of the teachings of their religious organization. They are Catholics because their mother and father were Catholics. They are Sunnies, because that is the only show in town. They are Christians because their Great Grandfather was a ley minister in a small town in Alabama.

Most of these people do not have the slightest idea what their religion teaches. I have asked thousands of people who claim to be "Christians" what the Plan of Salvation in Christianity is. Well over 90 percent can not tell me, but they insist that they are Christians. Funny that, Christianity is founded in the "Gospel" or the "Plan of Salvation." If those people can not tell you what the Gospel is, it is obvious that they are not Christians in thought. I strongly suspect that their "God" does not know who they are.

Ditto Islamics. Those people who can't explain their religion just want a religion that requires a few rules to follow and no thought behind those rules. Sounds good to me! These people, like Mainstream Islamics or mainstream Catholics or mainstream Lutherans, do not cause any trouble in the world. They just want to be left alone to live their lives within a culture that they are comfortable with. It is the Radical Religious Zealots who cause all the trouble.

Hitler was a Radical Religious Zealot for his organized "Religion of Hatred and Mysticism."

His early fling with Catholicism was just to try to please his mother, as he was the perfect example of a "Mama's Boy" from the get go. Some of those Mama's Boys can grow up to be very evil people after the "light of their lives" (Mama) has died. Stalin was a carbon copy. Ironic that they should both be in power at the same time in history.

That lack of true religious understanding was the case with Hitler. He was no more a Catholic than my Great Dane who pees on their bush every time we walk past the church. My Great Dane is probably better behaved. Hitler had Priests by the thousands killed.

Hitler thought he was a Catholic because his mama was one.:eusa_pray:

Last edited:
well, other than any given jewish holy man from the old testament. You really wanna point a finger at mass murder, assassinations, and child molestation with a torah chock full of that same shit, jew? Demonizing muslims might tickle your heeb bone but it doesn't deflect the point of Hitler's christianity even if it's not posh to pick on the dogma that basically protects your little zionist golden child from becoming a jewish memory..

Shogun, this post is very Low IQ with no substantiation behind it. Work on trying to prove your thesis rather than just calling this person a series of names. With a good education you will learn not to be a name caller and a hate monger as you have demonstrated above. Work on it dude.

There is nothing in your argument that would indicate that Hitler was in any way a practictioner of Christianity as his views and practices contradicted all the basic teachings of the (then) Catholic Church.

nazi_catholics_04.jpg

catholic-nazi-priests-seig-heil-hitler.jpg

5naziclergy.jpg

priests-salute.jpg

Shogun, this post is very Low IQ with no substantiation behind it. Work on trying to prove your thesis rather than just calling this person a series of names. With a good education you will learn not to be a name caller and a hate monger as you have demonstrated above. Work on it dude.

There is nothing in your argument that would indicate that Hitler was in any way a practictioner of Christianity as his views and practices contradicted all the basic teachings of the (then) Catholic Church.

are you fucking kidding me? Do you want to see OT scripture that not only validates mass murder, rape and the rest but REQUIRES as much? do you wanna remember what EXACTLY happened to those golden calf worshippers who moses found after his first trek up the mountain?

hey, when in doubt POST THE FUCKING PICTURE. Enjoy the evidence, dude, and spare me your lecture on education and I'll spare you a lecture on posting unflattering pics of yourself as an avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back