Airline Profit Scoreboard 2023

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
441142892_835180011972958_7970587756723742289_n.jpg

I fly Allegiant a lot, I recently flew VietJet, it is a budget airline for sure, but they do a good job. The airport in Ho Chi Minh is under a lot of construction and it is a pretty different experience unloading on the tarmac, getting on a bus, which has to stop for a full sized jet taxiing in front of it before it reaches the arrivals terminal to drop us off.

I dont know why they call Allegiant "ultra-low cost", it is not that cheap, but they are a great airline, and I found out almost by accident that you are allowed 2 free bags for each flight if you are a veteran, as well as people traveling with you!

I can't remember how much money this saved me but it wasn't something minor, I forget how much they charge for baggage but only your carry-on is free.

I'd recommend them if they have service in your area, they have always been on time for me.

Delta Air Lines topped The Points Guy's 2024 best US airlines list for the sixth consecutive year.
  • TPG's rankings assess four broad categories: reliability, experience, cost and reach, and loyalty.
  • Interestingly, ultra-low-cost carrier Allegiant Air scored beat out Delta in overall reliability.
The busy summer travel season is here, and airlines are working hard to keep their planes and people moving without much headache to the customer.

However, some are better than others.

Travel website The Points Guy published its annual list of the 10 best airlines in the US on Wednesday. It used 2023 data from airlines and the federal government to analyze four broad categories: reliability, experience, cost and reach, and loyalty.

Delta Air Lines took the top spot for the sixth year in a row, followed by Alaska Airlines and United Airlines. This year, Delta carrier also earned titles from The Wall Street Journal, JD Power, and Cirium.

While Delta ranked first overall for its consistency across the four categories, TPG noted it lost points for affordability and loyalty — the latter likely resulted from its unpopular SkyMiles program changes.

Further, Delta only won in one area: timeliness. This was one of five factors under the reliability umbrella.

Interestingly, ultra-low-cost carrier Allegiant Air won for reliability thanks to its low rate of cancellations and mishandled baggage and wheelchairs. It also tied with Delta for zero involuntary bumps.

We fly Delta almost exclusively. The only credit card I use is my Delta Skymiles card. Being able to upgrade to first class for our trip to Panama for free was such a nice perk.

Forum List

Back