Alabama police say the man who was killed by an officer probably didn't fire the shots that killed 2

Alabama police say man killed by officer "likely did not fire" shots

whoops! what's the difference between this and Kashoggi?!

Such a reputable source. No one has the right to make any comments unless you have walked in a police officers shoes. We have less then a second to react and you and the news have months to try and prove it wrong. So if you think it’s so easy get in Law Enforcement and see how you make out. 75% of you wouldn’t make it through the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't the shooter and had a concealed carry permit. The victim pulled it when the shooting stared, which explains why they found a gun in the Santa Clause area when they cleared the mall. It's sad, but things like this happen sometimes. I have a concealed carry permit too, and I was taught to never be holding a firearm when the police show up.

Such a reputable source. No one has the right to make any comments unless you have walked in a police officers shoes. We have less then a second to react and you and the news have months to try and prove it wrong. So if you think it’s so easy get in Law Enforcement and see how you make out. 75% of you wouldn’t make it through the process.

Well you don’t like the source? Fine. How about this one. New video shows Alabama mall shooter's body after he was shot dead by cops for gunning down children | Daily Mail Online

Fox News. Man killed in Alabama mall shooting was ‘likely’ not gunman, police say

Any others that would suit you?

Now, onto the poor us rant. Pfui. Nonsense. Bullshit. How else can I say it. Lots of people make life and death decisions. They are held to account for their mistakes. Pilots, Soldiers, Sailors. All are held to account, but Cops, we just don’t understand how awful it is to be a cop, and how the pressure is on. Nonsense.

A Navy SEAL is facing charges for murdering unarmed civilians, why is the military different than the cops?

While we are supposed to feel bad about you, and your friends, a family is shattered because their son is dead, and wasn’t even the bad guy they were looking for. The cops killed the wrong guy, and the attitude from you, and other cops is hey, it’s a dangerous tough job.

It’s dangerous, to those who die by your hands when they don’t need to. It’s tough on the families who have to mourn the loss of another innocent life, because hey, mistakes happen.

As long as the boys in the Thin Blue Li(n)e go home at the end of the day, everything else is just tough for the families. Right? But god forbid one of your fellows gets a paper cut, because we’ll hear about the courageous officer who was serving the community and all that shit. To hear you all tell it, Saints worship you, or at least should, because you’re that awesome.

You wanted the job, and the authority. With it comes the responsibility. If you can’t handle the responsibility, then you have no business with any authority.

He wasn't the shooter and had a concealed carry permit. The victim pulled it when the shooting stared, which explains why they found a gun in the Santa Clause area when they cleared the mall. It's sad, but things like this happen sometimes. I have a concealed carry permit too, and I was taught to never be holding a firearm when the police show up.

Unless you neutralize the threat before the police show up, then yes once they arrive put it away.

Unless you neutralize the threat before the police show up, then yes once they arrive put it away.

HE apparently didn’t have time. The police saw a black man with a gun and started shooting.

Well you don’t like the source? Fine. How about this one. New video shows Alabama mall shooter's body after he was shot dead by cops for gunning down children | Daily Mail Online

Fox News. Man killed in Alabama mall shooting was ‘likely’ not gunman, police say

Now, onto the poor us rant. Pfui. Nonsense. Bullshit. How else can I say it. Lots of people make life and death decisions. They are held to account for their mistakes. Pilots, Soldiers, Sailors. All are held to account, but Cops, we just don’t understand how awful it is to be a cop, and how the pressure is on. Nonsense.

A Navy SEAL is facing charges for murdering unarmed civilians, why is the military different than the cops?

While we are supposed to feel bad about you, and your friends, a family is shattered because their son is dead, and wasn’t even the bad guy they were looking for. The cops killed the wrong guy, and the attitude from you, and other cops is hey, it’s a dangerous tough job.

It’s dangerous, to those who die by your hands when they don’t need to. It’s tough on the families who have to mourn the loss of another innocent life, because hey, mistakes happen.

As long as the boys in the Thin Blue Li(n)e go home at the end of the day, everything else is just tough for the families. Right? But god forbid one of your fellows gets a paper cut, because we’ll hear about the courageous officer who was serving the community and all that shit. To hear you all tell it, Saints worship you, or at least should, because you’re that awesome.

You wanted the job, and the authority. With it comes the responsibility. If you can’t handle the responsibility, then you have no business with any authority.

Spoken like a true liberal asshole. I have been in these situations as a police officer and our job is totally different then the military. You can’t compare military to police. Police officers job is nothing like fighting a war. Military comes home when there time is over and have trouble fitting a kid into a normal life. Military deserves our support when the come home to help in any way we can for them.

So your ignorance shows. If you come on a scene and someone has a gun they get a warning to drop it. If they don’t listen then they are a threat. No one has this pressure on then dumbass. You wouldn’t last a week as a police officer. You liberals love to judge. Look in the mirror once in awhile and you’ll see a coward. Learn use of force. 99% of cops would have done the same thing.

Spoken like a true liberal asshole. I have been in these situations as a police officer and our job is totally different then the military. You can’t compare military to police. Police officers job is nothing like fighting a war. Military comes home when there time is over and have trouble fitting a kid into a normal life. Military deserves our support when the come home to help in any way we can for them.

So your ignorance shows. If you come on a scene and someone has a gun they get a warning to drop it. If they don’t listen then they are a threat. No one has this pressure on then dumbass. You wouldn’t last a week as a police officer. You liberals love to judge. Look in the mirror once in awhile and you’ll see a coward. Learn use of force. 99% of cops would have done the same thing.

Yeah. You say they get a warning. Really? Are you sure that the poor deceased bugger got a warning? Are you sure? Because nothing has been printed in the news about it.

As for my being a coward. That’s interesting. Since I jumped out of airplanes in the Army, and spent my time in Panama, and Iraq getting shot at, crawling through booby traps, and all sorts of that soldier shit. I was a Combat Engineer in the 82nd Airborne. Talk about not lasting a week.

So there are two of your assertions that are at best from your point of view questionable, and at worst, flat assed wrong. I’m familiar with the principles regarding use of force. I’m always surprised when some jackass quotes it, and then the incident that causes the outraged quote, turns out not to have followed it.

The reason I know that the guys don’t get a warning, is that we see it on body cameras all the time.

Shooting fellow cops. Which means violating the rules concerning use of force, which is identify your target doesn’t it?

Good news for the cop in this video, his partner shot him with the taser instead.

But you are right. I wouldn’t last a week as a cop. I won’t lie. I won’t lie to protect myself. I won’t lie to protect a partner, and that means I couldn’t be a cop, because I won’t join the liars club as it was called in the LAPD, the Testilyers team for the NYPD, and every other department. I won’t lie, so I would not be the person you wanted backing you up.

I would tell the truth, and describe how you brutalized a suspect for no reason. I would tell the truth about how you planted the evidence to get the arrest, or conducted an illegal search and seizure. So yeah, I wouldn’t last as a cop. I’m too honest.

And it's not as if anyone didn't say this kind of thing would happen with more and more people armed.

I was involved in a minor fender bender about six weeks ago. When the cops showed up to write the report, I handed over my drivers license, and my CCW License. The officer asked if I was armed then, I said yes. He told me to put it in my car. I walked over, and put it in the back seat with him watching.

I didn’t want to do that before he showed up, for fear that someone would call 911 and report a man with a gun. I didn’t want to say to him as he walked up, gun, for fear that he would get started and pull his pistol. It is the best way I know of to notify the cops you are armed. Hand over the license to him, and answer the questions.

The problem is that the police went running up expecting to see a man with a gun, and they did. They didn’t take the moment needed to determine who was the wolf, and who wasn’t. They saw a black man with a gun, and decided he was the baddie. Many on here would say the cops acted appropriately. I am leaning towards no, but until we see whatever video exists, I won’t know for sure.

The problem with taking the guns, is that there are so bloody many of them. Hundreds of millions to be sure. And that is probably a conservative estimate. Yes the innocent man was shot, but that happens more than we care to admit. Yes, the innocent was armed, but was he a threat that needed to be shot to stop him? That is the problem, not in the civilians being armed, but in the way that police respond to situations. The oversimplified way they deal with it is to assume gun equals threat equals need to shoot.

We all know how this is going to play out. The cop will be exonerated. The family will be devastated, and so many, like you, will blame the gun, instead of the real issue. The gun was the excuse, the cop was expecting to shoot, and shot the first person he saw who might be a baddie.

This is one of the biggest problems the US faces, police who have to do a job under difficult circumstances with politicians unwilling to change those circumstances.

Most cops are low IQ morons to start with and quickly become immoral sadistic liars and creeps once they get their badge and gun.

Yeah. You say they get a warning. Really? Are you sure that the poor deceased bugger got a warning? Are you sure? Because nothing has been printed in the news about it.

As for my being a coward. That’s interesting. Since I jumped out of airplanes in the Army, and spent my time in Panama, and Iraq getting shot at, crawling through booby traps, and all sorts of that soldier shit. I was a Combat Engineer in the 82nd Airborne. Talk about not lasting a week.

So there are two of your assertions that are at best from your point of view questionable, and at worst, flat assed wrong. I’m familiar with the principles regarding use of force. I’m always surprised when some jackass quotes it, and then the incident that causes the outraged quote, turns out not to have followed it.

The reason I know that the guys don’t get a warning, is that we see it on body cameras all the time.

Shooting fellow cops. Which means violating the rules concerning use of force, which is identify your target doesn’t it?

Good news for the cop in this video, his partner shot him with the taser instead.

But you are right. I wouldn’t last a week as a cop. I won’t lie. I won’t lie to protect myself. I won’t lie to protect a partner, and that means I couldn’t be a cop, because I won’t join the liars club as it was called in the LAPD, the Testilyers team for the NYPD, and every other department. I won’t lie, so I would not be the person you wanted backing you up.

I would tell the truth, and describe how you brutalized a suspect for no reason. I would tell the truth about how you planted the evidence to get the arrest, or conducted an illegal search and seizure. So yeah, I wouldn’t last as a cop. I’m too honest.

The news doesn’t have the facts, just the hear say of liars. Were you there. Did you see it. Were the media there. No they get second hand information. And if he turned towards the cop with the gun in his hand he is getting shot. You hesitate as a cop and you, your fellow officer and possibly civilians die. You should be yelling and complaining about the Parkland Florida shooting. Cops were outside waiting while shots were being fired. The FBI and the police Department had him on a watch list but did nothing. His family, friends and students did nothing either. That’s one you should be concerned about and those 4 cops and Chief should be fired. Your talking about a situation where we will never know what happened. It’s safe to say he was shot because of the gun. That’s where the saying “Ban idiots not guns”.

The news doesn’t have the facts, just the hear say of liars. Were you there. Did you see it. Were the media there. No they get second hand information. And if he turned towards the cop with the gun in his hand he is getting shot. You hesitate as a cop and you, your fellow officer and possibly civilians die. You should be yelling and complaining about the Parkland Florida shooting. Cops were outside waiting while shots were being fired. The FBI and the police Department had him on a watch list but did nothing. His family, friends and students did nothing either. That’s one you should be concerned about and those 4 cops and Chief should be fired. Your talking about a situation where we will never know what happened. It’s safe to say he was shot because of the gun. That’s where the saying “Ban idiots not guns”.

So you weren’t there, but are totally justified in saying that the cops told him to drop the gun, and he didn’t comply. But when I say it didn’t happen that way, and we are waiting for a news report that shows it, and let’s be honest, the cops would have that video out there by now if it did. But no, I’m the problem.

Oh, and I’ve never said ban the guns, ever. You’re just mad that the cops are going to be blamed, and chances are that there will be a policy change.

You complain about the possibility of dead cops. Fine. How many innocent civilian deaths are worth it to keep a cop alive? Five, ten? How many? We know you don’t have a problem with one. So where is the high end of this ratio for you?

Ummm .what's the similarity?

Dick head joined the conversation. This recent incident the cop did his job. The mistake was the idiot who didn’t drop his gun or holster it when the cops arrived. You would prefer the cop hesitate and get shot so he dies. That is what your saying. You don’t like cops go figure and you throw the race card around as much as you can

Dick head joined the conversation. This recent incident the cop did his job. The mistake was the idiot who didn’t drop his gun or holster it when the cops arrived. You would prefer the cop hesitate and get shot so he dies. That is what your saying. You don’t like cops go figure and you throw the race card around as much as you can

Whoa dude, you read a whole shitload into one little sentence.

Might wanna back up a bit until we get the whole story.

The cop did his job? Ok. A man who didn’t shoot anyone is dead. And the person who did, is free and clear. So the baddie the cop is supposed to catch is long gone, and the guy the police weren’t supposed to catch, is dead. That’s the job of the cops?

I know you were bullied in high school, but by any chance did you arrive at school in a very short bus?

/—-/ That’s what I tell Cop Haters and thank you for your service

Forum List

Back