an ensign to the nations

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken: (Isaiah 5:26-27)

All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye. (Isaiah 18:3)

And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall theGentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover theremnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. (Isaiah 11:10-12)

Here we have Isaiah protesting in multiple places that the Lord will set up an ensign in the last day. This ensign will be set up to gather Israel in the latter days.

And in the days the ensign is established people will be able to travel quickly. So much so that we will not need to change clothes, take off our shoes or even slumber. I don't think it's a coincidence that we can circumnavigate the globe with air travel, or have access to transportation that makes travel possible that wouldn't have been possible even just a few years ago.

This is an important prophecy. It's a promise from God that He will act in the latter days and gather His people. He will speak His word to the people and the people who will listen will be gathered out a few at a time. His word will hiss forth the scriptures say.

It's been on my mind a bit because I've had a hymn in my head. High on a mountain top:

High on a mountain top a banner is unfurled
Ye nations now look up it waves to all the world
In Desserets, sweet peaceful land
On Zion's mount behold it stands

For God remembers still His promise made of old
That He on Zion's hill truths standard would unfold
Her light should there attract the gaze
Of all the world in latter days

His house shall there be reared, His glory to display
And people shall be heard in distant lands to say
We'll now go up and serve the Lord
Obey His truth and learn His word

For there we shall be taught the law that will go forth
With truth and wisdom fraught to govern all the earth
Forever there His ways we'll tread
And save ourselves with all our dead.

The more I think about it the more impressed I get with the importance of this prophecy.

And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken: (Isaiah 5:26-27)

All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye. (Isaiah 18:3)

And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall theGentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover theremnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. (Isaiah 11:10-12)

Here we have Isaiah protesting in multiple places that the Lord will set up an ensign in the last day. This ensign will be set up to gather Israel in the latter days.

And in the days the ensign is established people will be able to travel quickly. So much so that we will not need to change clothes, take off our shoes or even slumber. I don't think it's a coincidence that we can circumnavigate the globe with air travel, or have access to transportation that makes travel possible that wouldn't have been possible even just a few years ago.

This is an important prophecy. It's a promise from God that He will act in the latter days and gather His people. He will speak His word to the people and the people who will listen will be gathered out a few at a time. His word will hiss forth the scriptures say.

It's been on my mind a bit because I've had a hymn in my head. High on a mountain top:

The more I think about it the more impressed I get with the importance of this prophecy.
One question. What's an ensign?

I too am interested in these prophesies and would welcome your opinion on the following:

We see in Ezekiel's valley of dry bones what I determine to be a bodily resurrection of Israel. God promised He would again reclaim Israel and turn away all ungodliness from themthput a new heart inside them, etc. God also said he intentionally and purposefully blinded Israel and that they would remain blinded until the fullness of the gentiles had come to pass.

I do not see the fullness of the gentiles coming to pass until the nation of Israel is surrounded and about to be destroyed. That event triggers the return of the Christ. If this is the case, then a bodily resurrection of Israel would appear to me to occur along about the same time as the resurrection of the saints to spiritual form.

We are also told that David would be their king and that the apostles would be over the twelve tribes. Of course, Christ establishes the headquarters of His kingdom at Jerusalem as well.

A problem with this is that Christ said one must be born of spirit in order to even see the kingdom. I hold the New Jerusalem to be a spiritual city due to the fact that it is said to be 1500 miles wide by 1500 miles in length by 1500 miles high. Such a physical city would crush everything between Jerusalem and Egypt. Now, if indeed Israel is raised bodily, then David must be raised bodily and none of them might optically be able to see Christ's kingdom.

Don't laugh. This does bother me. What's your take on this?

a standard, banner, symbol, flag.

I think we are in the days of the fulness of the gentiles, though I expect the resurrection of Israel in Ezekiel is toward the time Christ returns.

I think more will be born again than we may have realized

a standard, banner, symbol, flag.
I meant as it is used in Isaiah. It says the root of Jesse. So it is a person? Of any particular nature? What makes one person an ensign and another not an ensign?

ensign? like in Navy ensign?

Forum List

Back