Seems awful cold for the "hottest" year on record

It does if the region is close to the temperature threshold for glaciation and its landmass configuration is such that extensive continental glaciation can spread. There have been over 30 such events in the last 3 million years and each and every one of them happened because the Arctic glaciated and those glaciers spread to the surrounding continents of NA, Europe and Asia.
And, for the umpteenth time, you have YET to identify what caused that glaciation. Plate tectonics didn't do it. The sun didn't do it. The atmosphere didn't do it. Ocean currents didn't do it.

How can you be so unimaginably stupid about this?

Another Ding mistake.

How many of these is it going to take before you admit that temperatures have been falling for 6,000 years, that the Earth reached it interglacial peak with the Holocene Climate Optimum?

View attachment 981181
View attachment 981182
View attachment 981183
View attachment 981184
View attachment 981185
View attachment 981187

Another Ding mistake.
I really do hate to break it to you but the ocean stores the heat from the sun and distributes that heat. That's why the planet is warming up. But don't worry, another glacial period will stop that.

And, for the umpteenth time, you have YET to identify what caused that glaciation. Plate tectonics didn't do it. The sun didn't do it. The atmosphere didn't do it. Ocean currents didn't do it.

How can you be so unimaginably stupid about this?

Another Ding mistake.
Disruption of heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic which I have told you at least a dozen times. You already know why the ocean currents are initiated and change.

See graphs above sycophant.
No need. Simple physics calculate the theoretical surface temperature of a doubling of CO2 to be 1C. Convective currents reduce that number by whisking heat away from the surface towards outer space.

No need. Simple physics calculate the theoretical surface temperature of a doubling of CO2 to be 1C. Convective currents reduce that number by whisking heat away from the surface towards outer space.
Hilariously pathletic

Another dinger fail.

Hilariously pathletic

Another dinger fail.
The vast majority of heat is stored in the ocean. The ocean distributes that heat to the rest of the planet. The ocean is warming up because the sun is warming it. The planet is warming up because the ocean is warming up and the Arctic is naturally thawing like it always does after a glacial period.

The vast majority of heat is stored in the ocean. The ocean distributes that heat to the rest of the planet. The ocean is warming up because the sun is warming it. The planet is warming up because the ocean is warming up and the Arctic is naturally thawing like it always does after a glacial period.
Again, what is causing the ocean to warm so rapidly?

Sunspots?

Historic tree sings?

The vast majority of heat is stored in the ocean.
So what?
The ocean distributes that heat to the rest of the planet.
So does the atmosphere. So does the sun. So does the Earth. So what?
The ocean is warming up because the sun is warming it.
The ocean is currently getting warmer due to increased CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere. You have not shown ANY OTHER SOURCE for that warming.
The planet is warming up because the ocean is warming up and the Arctic is naturally thawing like it always does after a glacial period.
I find it hard to believe that someone capable of operating a keyboard could be stupid enough to make such an abysmal argument. But, you seem to manage. I want you to do your very best to ACTUALLY answer the following question: Why is the ocean warmer now than it was ten years ago? What has happened during those ten years that is causing the average temperature of the ENTIRE ocean to go up?

Last edited:
Again, what is causing the ocean to warm so rapidly?

Sunspots?

Historic tree sings?
The sun. Just like it always has. The sun heats the ocean. The ocean stores and distributes the heat which is what determines climate.

So what?

So does the atmosphere. So does the sun. So does the Earth. So what?

The ocean is currently getting warmer due to increased CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere. You have not shown ANY OTHER SOURCE for that warming.

I find it hard to believe that someone capable of operating a keyboard could be stupid enough to make such an abysmal argument. But, you seem to manage. I want you to do your very best to ACTUALLY answer the following question: Why is the ocean warmer now than it was ten years ago? What has happened during those ten years that is causing the average temperature of the ENTIRE ocean to go up?
I'd say that believing that the ocean stores the majority of earth's heat and believing the ocean distributes that heat and believing that climate is based upon the distribution of that heat is the opposite of an abysmal argument. I think it is a very sound argument. I think your unreasonableness is politically motivated.

I'd say that believing that the ocean stores the majority of earth's heat and believing the ocean distributes that heat and believing that climate is based upon the distribution of that heat is the opposite of an abysmal argument. I think it is a very sound argument. I think your unreasonableness is politically motivated.
The temperature of the Earth is ENTIRELY dependent upon the energy flux at the boundaries of the Earth system. Where does ANY of that affect that flux.

The temperature of the Earth is ENTIRELY dependent upon the energy flux at the boundaries of the Earth system. Where does ANY of that affect that flux.
The heat the earth receives from the the sun is remarkably constant with respect to similar stars. So what's coming in is pretty constant whether the planet is in an interglacial period like today or a glacial period yet the planet's mean temperature changes quite drastically. The reason it changes quite drastically is that glacial periods are triggered by a disruption of heat from the Atlantic to the Arctic which triggers glaciation in the Arctic. This glaciation increases albedo which serves as a negative feedback amplifying the initial cooling such that it eventually affects the climate of the entire planet. Eventually though, heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic is eventually restored starting the long process of thawing and warming up. The sun during all of this continued to crank out what it always cranks out. This means that absent a change in how the ocean distributes that heat the earth would naturally continue warming even more than it has in any interglacial period before it. The native state of the planet is warmer than it has been at any point since the planet became bipolar glaciated but ocean currents are constantly seeking not only equilibrium in temperature but in density as well. As such changes in ocean currents will continue to happen as a result of uneven warming. But you're a political hack and don't give two shits about the science.

Forum List

Back