Ancient Macedonians and Greeks in Tajikistan: Takht-i Sangin

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
Fascinating! I found this comment very interesting :
"What do Greece have in common with Macedonian ancient empire? Greek polises were conquered by Alexander, and some Greeks served in his army hut never on the management positions. However, he used the greek language, which was lingua franca at that time naturally for practical reasons. Similar like English nowadays. Greek ancient historians were emphasizing the distinctiveness of Greeks from Macedonians. In 19 centuries, it became important for the Greek state to appropriate Macedonian antique heritage for justifying occupation of Macedonia."

do you agree with this ?

Fascinating! I found this comment very interesting :
"What do Greece have in common with Macedonian ancient empire? Greek polises were conquered by Alexander, and some Greeks served in his army hut never on the management positions. However, he used the greek language, which was lingua franca at that time naturally for practical reasons. Similar like English nowadays. Greek ancient historians were emphasizing the distinctiveness of Greeks from Macedonians. In 19 centuries, it became important for the Greek state to appropriate Macedonian antique heritage for justifying occupation of Macedonia."

do you agree with this ?

What do historians say?

What do historians say?

Tajikistan is a modern (bizarre ) state , they protect Greek heritage , meanwhile, the wild Pustuns :

Tajikistan is a modern (bizarre ) state , they protect Greek heritage , meanwhile, the wild Pustuns :

I have a friend who was at Harvard and went to work in the NED, in Tajikistan.