Another Totally Unpredictable Shocker

That Didn’t Take Long: U.S. To Allow Syria To Miss First Deadline…

Syrian+President+Bashar+Assad-550x365.jpg

And then the second, third, fourth, fifth etc.

Via LA Times:

The ambitious U.S.-Russian deal to eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons, hailed as a diplomatic breakthrough just days ago, hit its first delay Wednesday with indications that the Syrian government will not submit an inventory of its toxic stockpiles and facilities to international inspectors by this weekend’s deadline.

The State Department signaled that it would not insist that Syrian President Bashar Assad produce the list Saturday, the end of a seven-day period spelled out in the framework deal that Washington and Moscow announced last weekend in Geneva.

Marie Harf, a State Department spokeswoman, said Wednesday that “our goal is to see forward momentum” by Saturday, not the full list. “We’ve never said it was a hard and fast deadline.”

It wasn’t clear whether Syrian officials needed more time to complete a formal declaration of their chemical arms, or whether the disarmament deal itself was in trouble.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

I mean, besides everybody..... Who could have seen this coming? :lmao:

I want you to take this benchmark you are setting, and I want you to apply it retroactively to every President who has dealt with issues like this.

Then you will find your partisan yardstick is about three feet up your ass.

Indeed- Clinton did nothing about Iraq violating the no-fly zone.

-Geaux

Ingraham: ?Iraq is in flames today? because of Clinton?s no-fly zone | The Raw Story

Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham on Sunday suggested the no-fly zone President Bill Clinton imposed on Iraq had left the country “in flames today.”

During a panel discussion on Fox News Sunday, Ingraham disagreed with Republicans who wanted to intervene in Syria and recalled that “we thought that once we went into Iraq, it was going to be this domino effect with Democracy throughout the Middle East and we’d have more friends in the Middle East.”

“The idea that we’re going to send arms to these people who are slaughtering Christians and have one goal, which is to establish and Islamic caliphate throughout the Middle East and — if they can get their way — and throughout Africa as well,” the conservative radio host opined. “I’m saying America has got to grapple with this idea of limited power where the parties are unknown, their intentions are unknown.”

“You guys are saying let [Syrian President Bashar] Assad win, let him slaughter?” Fox News host Chris Wallace wondered.

“We had a no-fly zone in Iraq,” Ingraham declared. “Remember? And what happened after that? Iraq is in flames today.”

Forum List

Back