Anybody Like Movies That Are Supposed to be For Kids?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
The Tinkerbell movies are my guilty pleasure as that was before woke Disney. My fiancee loves them too though and he's a man. I just think that they have really good plotlines and they're cute too. 🥰

Very rarely. Almost never.

I think that it's mostly a woman thing who likes children and family movies but like I said before my fiancee likes Tinkerbell and a lot of other animated and family movies that I like too. The best one ever in my opinion is The Lion King.

We have the full set of Harry Potter movies and enjoy most of them quite a lot

Yeah baby!!! 😁

I think that it's mostly a woman thing who likes children and family movies but like I said before my fiancee likes Tinkerbell and a lot of other animated and family movies that I like too. The best one ever in my opinion is The Lion King.

Yeah baby!!! 😁
You know what the best movie with mostly kids is? "Ender's Game". That movie was really cool.

Thunderstruck made in 2012.
You know what the best movie with mostly kids is? "Ender's Game". That movie was really cool.

I never heard of either of those but yeah pre-woke Disney it actually had some pretty good animated films. I'm actually watching the fourth Tinkerbell movie right now and I was thinking come on I can't be the only one in here who likes kids movies like these.

For as long as a movie has a good plotline I don't care about the target audience and the Tinkerbell series is actually pretty action packed for a little kids (mostly little girls) movie series and I love the music too. 😁

Anybody Like Movies That Are Supposed to be For Kids?​

I generally find few of them tolerable. Last winter they had Harry Potter on TV and I actually sat through the first movie about 60% of the way through trying to dig it until they got to the point where they were out in the courtyard at Hogwarts or wherever all flying around with brooms in some sort of competition. It was at that point I just couldn't take anymore. I just didn't make a good child I guess. I remember when about 10-12 years old being more interested in what the adults were talking about!

But there are a few I enjoy, off the top of my head like:
  • ICE AGE 2
  • SHREK 1
  • THE LION KING and
  • One of my absolute favorite fantasy movies of all time that I never grow tired of: ALICE IN WONDERLAND with Johnny Depp and Mia Wasikowska. PFM.

I generally find few of them tolerable. Last winter they had Harry Potter on TV and I actually sat through the first movie about 60% of the way through trying to dig it until they got to the point where they were out in the courtyard at Hogwarts or wherever all flying around with brooms in some sort of competition. It was at that point I just couldn't take anymore. I just didn't make a good child I guess. I remember when about 10-12 years old being more interested in what the adults were talking about!

But there are a few I enjoy, off the top of my head like:
  • ICE AGE 2
  • SHREK 1
  • THE LION KING and
  • One of my absolute favorite fantasy movies of all time that I never grow tired of: ALICE IN WONDERLAND with Johnny Depp and Mia Wasikowska. PFM.

Although I don't agree with you about Harry Potter you like Alice In Wonderland!? Have you seen both live action movies because the second one is pretty good too and I know that I introduced you to The Lion King. 😁

Oh and I also love all of The Disney's Descendants movies with the exception of the last one. My most favorite Tinkerbell song though as I just finished this movie. 😁

Although I don't agree with you about Harry Potter you like Alice In Wonderland!?
I adore Alice In Wonderland, from the opening scene to the Jabberwocky fight to the closing credits music with vines and flowers slowly growing around the border! I just love everything about that movie and may eventually buy it in 4K Ultra HD.

Have you seen both live action movies because the second one is pretty good too and I know that I introduced you to The Lion King. 😁
No, I have only seen the one I mentioned with Johnny Depp. I don't know, maybe I am a little influenced because an old good friend of mine was also a good friend of his although we have never met but once briefly.

I adore Alice In Wonderland, from the opening scene to the Jabberwocky fight to the closing credits music with vines and flowers slowly growing around the border! I just love everything about that movie and may eventually buy it in 4K Ultra HD.

No, I have only seen the one I mentioned with Johnny Depp. I don't know, maybe I am a little influenced because an old good friend of mine was also a good friend of his although we have never met but once briefly.

Well Johnny Depp is in Through The Looking Glass too.

Sure, lots of them. But old classics. Not the new genderqueer woke commie shit.

treas island 2.01.gif

the-three-caballeros.gif

Well Johnny Depp is in Through The Looking Glass too.

Interesting. I didn't know they made that movie. It looks like all the same cast of actors as in Alice In Wonderland!

Still, that makes me cautious. In movie parlance, that is often referred to as FORMULA writing, whereby studios just copy other movies IN FORM that were successful thinking that will make them successful as well. Kinda like thinking Archie's Place or AfterMASH would be a hit just because All In The Family and M.A.S.H. were.

I can't actually claim myself a big fan of Johnny Depp movies--- most I have not seen like the Pirates of the Caribbean, though I think I have all four or five on HDD, but I think the first movie I saw him in was Edward Scissorhands, another "child's" movie I like.

I seem to like most of the Tim Burton stuff.

Interesting. I didn't know they made that movie. It looks like all the same cast of actors as in Alice In Wonderland!

Still, that makes me cautious. In movie parlance, that is often referred to as FORMULA writing, whereby studios just copy other movies IN FORM that were successful thinking that will make them successful as well. Kinda like thinking Archie's Place or AfterMASH would be a hit just because All In The Family and M.A.S.H. were.

I can't actually claim myself a big fan of Johnny Depp movies--- most I have not seen like the Pirates of the Caribbean, though I think I have all four or five on HDD, but I think the first movie I saw him in was Edward Scissorhands, another "child's" movie I like.

I seem to like most of the Tim Burton stuff.

Yep I think that it has all the same cast. It actually has quite a bit of a back story for the Red Queen and why she is the way she is. Btw, speaking of Tim Burton, are you a Beetlejuice fan at all?

Back in the day took my kids to see "Toy Story" and also "Antz".
Both were pretty good and quite entertaining.
..............................................................................................................................................

Back in the day took my kids to see "Toy Story" and also "Antz".
Both were pretty good and entertaining.
..............................................................................................................................................

Yeah I'm a big fan of both movies myself, but Toy Story is really milking the franchise now. Four was just okay as they really should have stopped at three and left it a trilogy in my opinion. Four was okay but not necessary.

Hollywood Business:

Yep I think that it has all the same cast. It actually has quite a bit of a back story for the Red Queen and why she is the way she is. Btw, speaking of Tim Burton, are you a Beetlejuice fan at all?

I'm not sure. I've caught bits of it but I don't think I've ever seen the entire movie. Isn't Michael Keaton in that? I have mixed feelings about him as an actor.

For instance, I love the first Batman movie but Keaton was unconvincing as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I'm not sure. I've caught bits of it but I don't think I've ever seen the entire movie. Isn't Michael Keaton in that? I have mixed feelings about him as an actor.

Yes he's Beetlejuice and I'm not a huge fan of him either but Beetlejuice, Cars, and Jack Frost are the three movies that I love him in. The reason why I brought it up though is the sequel is finally coming out in September. 😁

Forum List

Back