Are Red states really that "miserable?"

-S-

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2015
I don't know how accurate this is, but I stumbled on to a a study on the well being of the states on some site, and I thought "Hm.. Almost all conservative states in the bottom... Liberal media?"

But then I did some research, and it seems even data collected by Gallup shows that conservative red states are the most 'miserable' states in the Union.

I live in one of these states, and it's not my dream state by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm also not that big of a fan of it because I don't fit in politically, but I wouldn't have used the word "miserable" to describe it haha.. What do you guys think?

Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index 2014 - Business Insider

Here's one from a previous year, listed from "happiest" to "miserable"

Happiest States of 2012 The List Gallup Well-Being Poll

Are conservative states really THAT miserable?

I live in one of these states, and it's not my dream state by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm also not that big of a fan of it because I don't fit in politically, but I wouldn't have used the word "miserable" to describe it haha.. What do you guys think?
I think the TP bigwigs have convinced red staters that "miserable" is all they've earned or deserve. Keeps the "their kind" in line, ya know.

This Blue state sure as fuck is miserable...

IL-1.jpg

Like I said, I don't know how accurate this could possibly be. I just thought it was interesting. And I tried to find a conflicting study for debate's purpose, but I couldn't find a list where the 10 most miserable states weren't mostly red/southern.

Like I said, I don't know how accurate this could possibly be. I just thought it was interesting. And I tried to find a conflicting study for debate's purpose, but I couldn't find a list where the 10 most miserable states weren't mostly red/southern.
Do you understand my post about the state of Illinois? We are controlled by three population centers that are inundated with poor uneducated minorities and very powerful Liberals. The rest of us suffer the consequences. Fuck Liberals and their bullshit.

Do you understand my post about the state of Illinois? We are controlled by three population centers that are inundated with poor uneducated minorities and very powerful Liberals. The rest of us suffer the consequences. Fuck Liberals and their bullshit.

But that's how it is most places, I've come to find. Big cities hold the left, fly over country holds the right.

But that's how it is most places, I've come to find. Big cities hold the left, fly over country holds the right.
That is informative. But just for good measure I shall anoint you with the slap of Brotch. :slap:

Fascinating....as opposed to poor uneducated majorities?

By powerful liberals, you mean the educated and the business centers. The rest of the state is mostly corn and ham.

Fascinating....as opposed to poor uneducated majorities?
...as opposed to my hand to the rear of your ever-lovin' lil' noggin' :slap:

By powerful liberals, you mean the educated and the business centers. The rest of the state is mostly corn and ham.

Notice that most of the Red States that are doing well have oil. That's right wing manufacturing. Dig it up out of the ground. Either grow it or dig for it. They really aren't capable of much else. 150 years of conservatism and still, nothing "works". But don't tell them. They still haven't seemed to "figure it out".

Notice that most of the Red States that are doing well have oil. That's right wing manufacturing. Dig it up out of the ground. Either grow it or dig for it. They really aren't capable of much else. 150 years of conservatism and still, nothing "works". But don't tell them. They still haven't seemed to "figure it out".
What in the fuck kind of statement is that? God almighty your mind is truly a polluted wasteland.

Learning that the solid red states are considered the most miserable in the USA by an overwhelming majority brought this question to my attention:

Why exactly should we let them run the entire country if the individual states they run are doing so poorly? I mean, why are so many of the states literally so darn poor? I thought, at the very minimum, their policies were good for hoarding money.

Forum List

Back