Are Structured Debate Threads the lamest, saddest, most snowflakey idea ever?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
This is an NOT Invite Only thread. If your member name does not appear in the alert call list -- YOU CAN POST HERE ANYWAY!!

In an effort to protect the sensitive feelings of some of our less intelligent posters, USMB has instituted a "structured debate" forum where only invited posters can reply and use the rating button. The Rating button stuff made me laugh. How lame do you have to be to keep people from rating your stupid fucking posts?

This thread has a fully stocked bar (thanks Toro), a cigar lounge, an astronomical observatory and free WiFi

I am inviting the following posters. If your name is not on here, feel free to post anyway, but you cannot use the disagree button or that's a permaban and we report you to the Credit Rating Agencies

PoliticalChic Oddball JGalt
DustyInfinity 007 Jackson
mudwhistle MACAULAY
Jitss617 Mac-7 TemplarKormac
Toro Tipsycatlover Kat
MaryL toobfreak KissMy
westwall Ricky LIbtardo MeBelle
fbj francoHFW Cecilie1200 Meathead
rightwinger kaz bodecea boedicca
Rambunctious Sun Devil 92 Sunni Man
2aguy MarathonMike bripat9643 HereWeGoAgain Nostra
IM2 (I need a laugh) Mac1958 MarcATL Marion Morrison
Staidhup Care4all strollingbones The Original Tree The Irish Ram The Purge

well, you get the idea...

Honorable mention: Mal, TruthMatters, STAAB, Dante, Liability, Jake Starkey, Masquerade, California Girl, Del, Stats

This is an NOT Invite Only thread. If your member name does not appear in the alert call list -- YOU CAN POST HERE ANYWAY!!

In an effort to protect the sensitive feelings of some of our less intelligent posters, USMB has instituted a "structured debate" forum where only invited posters can reply and use the rating button. The Rating button stuff made me laugh. How lame do you have to be to keep people from rating your stupid fucking posts?

This thread has a fully stocked bar (thanks Toro), a cigar lounge, an astronomical observatory and free WiFi

I am inviting the following posters. If your name is not on here, feel free to post anyway, but you cannot use the disagree button or that's a permaban and we report you to the Credit Rating Agencies

mudwhistle MACAULAY
Toro Tipsycatlover Kat
MaryL toobfreak KissMy

Honorable mention: Mal, TruthMatters, STAAB, Dante, Liability, Jake Starkey, Masquerade, California Girl, Del, Stats

Nah......I'd rather see 'Street Brawl,' or 'Bar Fight', or 'Totally Ambush'

I think you nailed it here: "In an effort to protect the sensitive feelings of some of our less intelligent posters,"

mudwhistle MACAULAY
Toro Tipsycatlover Kat
MaryL toobfreak KissMy

This list makes me feel so damn unpretty.

mudwhistle MACAULAY
Toro Tipsycatlover Kat
MaryL toobfreak KissMy

I just ignore them.

If they want to have a thread where don't have to worry about people pointing out facts, then let them.

I would never do that. If there are people I simply don't want to talk to, the forum software has an ignore function for a reason.

Are Structured Debate Threads the lamest, saddest, most snowflakey idea ever?
No it is not a lame idea. The idea behind it all is what inspires the founders of most Internet forums. They are inspired to solve social problems. The problem is nobody has generated a rules system that will guide the deliberation process on the Internet forum. And that is then followed by the transfer of the verdict into a directive system as a legislation petition. The person, or organization, that does figure out the rules will probably win a Nobel Prize.

See where it is going??? Why don't enough people recognize this idea?

No it is not a lame idea. The idea behind it all is what inspires the founders of most Internet forums. They are inspired to solve social problems. The problem is nobody has generated a rules system that will guide the deliberation process on the Internet forum. And that is then followed by the transfer of the verdict into a directive system as a legislation petition. The person, or organization, that does figure out the rules will probably win a Nobel Prize.

See where it is going??? Why don't enough people recognize this idea?

:lol:

n00bs ...

Forum List

Back