Are the San Diego Padres an offensive nickname?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Now that the GW Colonials have joined the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins , who is next?

Are priests really an appropriate mascot? Might some people be offended by this?

Time to proactively change it. After all, if the Washington Football squad were to change its name to the "Rabbis" or the "Witch Doctors", people would be pissed.

Don't Roman Catholics have the right to be offended like any other minority?

There's NO way Padres could be considered offensive. Unless of course you're a mindless liberal or Dem. Another team name change would be ridiculous.

Now that the GW Colonials have joined the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins , who is next?

Are priests really an appropriate mascot? Might some people be offended by this?

Time to proactively change it. After all, if the Washington Football squad were to change its name to the "Rabbis" or the "Witch Doctors", people would be pissed.

yeah im sure.what i dont get is why the kansas city chiefs are still called the chiefs and the atlanta braves the braves.

1655421126761.png

Yes.

The team name should be changed to the San Diego Taco Benders to more accurately reflect the food, people, and culture of the city.

KC chiefs is very offensive

Well, considering that San Diego was actually started by priests, I kinda think that it's culturally appropriate, as well as a decent homage to the city itself. I don't think that priests (or in this case, padres) would be offended by the name as it points to the fact that they are the ones that founded the city.

Don’t know and don’t care but sure is nice to see them back in the NL championship game for the first time sense the early 2000s when they went to the World Series and played the Yankees,would love another small market team like them be in the World Series like the devil rays were a couple years ago but does not look like they will overtake the Phillies though.one thing I am enjoying about their playoff game against the opphillies though is it’s great to see them back in their classic colors again. :thup: :yes_text12: Wish more teams would follow their lead.

Don’t know and don’t care but sure is nice to see them back in the NL championship game for the first time sense the early 2000s when they went to the World Series and played the Yankees,would love another small market team like them be in the World Series like the devil rays were a couple years ago but does not look like they will overtake the Phillies though.one thing I am enjoying about their playoff game against the opphillies though is it’s great to see them back in their classic colors again. :thup: :yes_text12: Wish more teams would follow their lead.
The Phillies manager may have outsmarted himself starting the pitcher he has tonite. Padres score 4 runs in first.

Forum List

Back