ATF shoots itself in the foot

Wild Bill Kelsoe

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2021
The ATF is arguing that suppressors can be fully regulated because they aren't "bearable arms" and aren't protected by the 2nd Amendment, which means, the ATF admits that bearable arms are protected by the 2nd Amendment and therefore cannot be regulated by the government.

The ATF is doing such a great job of eroding the NFA, you'd think they're doing it on purpose...lol

The ATF is arguing that suppressors can be fully regulated because they aren't "bearable arms" and aren't protected by the 2nd Amendment, which means, the ATF admits that bearable arms are protected by the 2nd Amendment and therefore cannot be regulated by the government.

The ATF is doing such a great job of eroding the NFA, you'd think they're doing it on purpose...lol
Uhhh....what am I missing here? The 2nd Amendment DOES give the right to bear arms. Shall not be infringed. I believe that is what it says. Heller reinforced that. But nowhere does it say that they can't be regulated. Yes, silencers can be fully regulated. I mean militias are supposed to be "well regulated"...even though they are illegal in all 50 states. :)

Tell that to all the poor saps who purchased braced AR Pistols through FFL dealers who must send pictures of their firearms to the ATF by December in order to receive amnesty for something they legally purchased. The ATF considers a host of gun parts to be full firearms, such as completed AR lowers for instance and now 80% lowers. These items are little more than hunks of metal scrap until one assembles them into a fully functional firearm.

i guess by that logic, a shotgun choke or rifle sight can be fully regulated since they are not "bearable arms".

Your govt LOVES to write regulations. Gun owners should take PRIDE in knowing that Uncle Sam has defined and regulated your "green peas" and "100% white meat turkey slices". BTW -- the fed definition of "100% white meat" includes a certain portion of "dark meat".

The problem is here -- that USUALLY for food and other products, the regs are written to FAVOR certain companies and products (over others) who often participate in drafting the regulations. HERE -- its a matter of the govt writing regs to EXCLUDE certain companies and products.

The government is NOT chartered to design products and after market additions. But enjoy your crappy govt designed heat pumps and washing machines and your govt designed car and home and ESPECIALLY your govt designed National Energy system which is being designed by MORONS in Congress and the Administration.

We'll beat Venezuela to the abyss.

Uhhh....what am I missing here? The 2nd Amendment DOES give the right to bear arms. Shall not be infringed. I believe that is what it says. Heller reinforced that. But nowhere does it say that they can't be regulated. Yes, silencers can be fully regulated. I mean militias are supposed to be "well regulated"...even though they are illegal in all 50 states. :)
The keeping and bearing of arms can't be regulated. The use of those arms can

Oh and enjoy your newly designed from scratch English language that is now MANDATED for use in all Govt agencies. Gonna need a translator to READ govt regulations in the near future "birthing people" !!!!
It's allllll about government control.

Uhhh....what am I missing here? The 2nd Amendment DOES give the right to bear arms. Shall not be infringed. I believe that is what it says. Heller reinforced that. But nowhere does it say that they can't be regulated.
Firearms may be regulated, so long as that regulation does not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms.

Forum List

Back