ATL/Military Contractor Kidnapped/Held Hostage

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
Kidnapping victim's abductors threatened to dismember him in Atla | www.ajc.com

< An elite FBI team rescued 63-year-old Frank Arthur Janssen from the Forest Cove Apartments on New Town Circle in southeast Atlanta just before midnight Wednesday, FBI spokeswoman Shelley Lynch said in a statement. He was kidnapped from his home in Wake Forest, N.C., on Saturday.

John Strong, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI's Charlotte office, said at a Thursday press briefing that Janssen's kidnapping was related to Kelvin Melton, a reputed high-ranking member of the "Bloods" gang who is currently serving a sentence of life without parole in a North Carolina prison after being prosecuted by Janssen's daughter, an assistant district attorney in Wake County, N.C.

Melton was convicted in October 2012 on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, which made him a violent habitual offender.

"I can tell you that Mr. Janssen was targeted by a group as part of an elaborate kidnapping plot," Strong said. "Specific demands were sent to Mr. Janssen's family for the benefit of Kelvin Melton."

Janssen "spent five nights in the hands of a group of very dangerous people," Strong said. "We can only imagine the uncertainty, confusion and fear he experienced."

Thomas Walker, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, said five people have been charged in the kidnapping: Jenna Paulin Martin, 21, Tiana Maynard, 20, Jevante Price, Michael Montreal Gooden, 21, and Clifton James Roberts, 19.

All of the suspects are in custody in Atlanta, said Don Connelly, Walker's spokesman.>

I have no words.

Here is what I shared on FB---if you want to know more of what I think about an assortment of things. Not anything that Anderson Cooper would want to discuss with me--but fascinating nonetheless.

Last edited:
From my FB page--

~~~~~~~~~
Today seemed to be a particularly bad 'news' day. Started off around 7AM with the disturbing and sad story of the 16 yr old boy who stabbed his classmates at the PA high school, then Oscar Pistorius--more than I could take---hope he survived the grilling by the prosecutor--have no idea of what would be 'Justice'--hope the judge in South Africa is able to reach a reasonable decision. Could not have such a job. Then terrible local news--a child killed by a person in a truck at a Walmart in DeKalb--then the kidnapping of the military contractor--by people who wanted to demand ? release of a felon in NC. Wanted to get their message to his daughter/a prosecutor. I have forgotten what else---the tedious progress to retrieve the remains of flight 370--but I am now used to that. A great big mess---the end of which is not in sight. They may retrieve the black boxes --but will we ever know why the 'plane turned'. I have been hearing so strange stories--Malaysia sent up rescue planes to look around the original flight path but then chose to begin searching in another area. And again, Malaysia didn't share this detail with the rest involved in the search--or so I must now conclude.

So I chose a few more plants. Got huge bags of potting soil and dumped out all the planters from last year. Then repotted every plant. Hope they are loving their new homes and planning to be prolific--they should --wonderful new big pots and soil that any plant should love. Sprayed the roundup for the first time---there will be many more sprayings. Stupid weeds growing in the gravel--cannot mow them down--must buy expensive roundup for the deluxe sprayer and shower them with the expensive chemical solution. They will be getting the economy brand next time--I have the deluxe sprayer. They seem magically to last one season----how could the RoundUp team have been so clever---??? Great marketing team I suppose.

Not going to have an evening of horrible news---just tired of it. Those who must harm others-----hunt them down---lock them up. Just don't need that kind. Used to be more 'understanding'---but tired of so much senseless grief ---run a child down in a Walmart parking lot--drive away. There just aren't words to express how I feel about such a person. I cannot imagine how law enforcement officers restrain themselves when they apprehend a person who has done something like that. Happened in FL--a person caused an accident that caused the death of a child in a daycare---just drove away. They will be found. What can you say--after you do something like that---'Yes, I knew it was wrong--thought I could get away with murder--so I ran away.' I would be so ashamed--I would not run away--just go insane, I think.
I am always so afraid I will hit someone on Clairmont or Buford Hwy--I think about it a lot. When it gets near dark---there have been a couple of near misses. I don't think I would walk out in the middle of Buford Hwy wearing dark clothes--have managed to find crosswalks and try to be where I should be. Wish others would do that----for their own sake and for mine.

Forum List

Back