Baby Veronica Continuing Saga

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
Speed-up of ?Baby Veronica? transfer : SCOTUSblog

The above link has a summary of the case if you aren't familiar with it.

The SC issued a ruling that the adoptive parents should raise her----a court date was set ? this week/last week to begin the transition. Her father didn't show--currently engaged in training with the National Guard was the excuse/explanation.

Now she is to be turned over to the adoptive parents immediately--ruling of SC court to OK court where she currently resides. 'Assistance in locating the child'.

more
http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.a...will_move/20130806_11_0_ASouth583850?subj=298

the poor child.

Last edited:
The Capobiancos, adoptive parents, are in OK. Dusten Brown might agree to a supervised visit with the child.

The OK sheriff will not arrest him or take the child. The adoptive parents have to file paperwork in SC to request that OK proceed. Months--years.

The child may be living on the Indian reservation with her biological grandparents and father. No access possible.

Dusten Brown made a statement. Willing to be arrested--to fight to the end to keep the child.

~~~~
I can just imagine what her life will be if he prevails.

I guess if I were the adoptive parents I'd utilize every legal option. After another year--I think it would be too difficult for this child to be moved.
Meanwhile, I suppose they are exhausting every financial resource.

The "ICWA law needsto be AMENDED" thread is about Baby Veronica, It includes lots of facts that Dusten Brown is not wanting the public to know.

Like he denied being Cherokee or even Indian originally.

on Sept 1st 2013 we are going to be starting a petition to have the ICWA law amended.

well then I suppose you should report it.

I have given my opinions---sorry if you don't like them and posted links from google.

People are talking about this all over the internet. Tough that Dusten Brown doesn't like it.

Forum List

Back