Be Careful, You Guys. Fighter Jets Are Dangerous.

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Having flown in some military fighter jets, I can tell you it ranges from quite calm to absolutely terrifying. Especially dangerous is the training period, Ever since I was in Army boot camp in Fort Dix, NJ, in 1964, I have known that US troops don't just get killed overseas in combat. Deaths do occur here in the US, in training also.

One of the parts of the military
with the highest problem is that of jet fighter training. It is a time and place in which you have to have everything just right. One mistake could be summed up in one word > Death.

For the next 2 weeks, just about 10 miles from me, in MacDill Air Force base, it's going to get very loud around here, as they are going to be having fighter pilot training. I would say to all those inside the cockpits, leave the humor outside the cockpit, don't get distracted, and just do the training 100% as specified. Be Careful.

Last edited:
Having flown in some military fighter jets, I can tell you it ranges from quite calm to absolutely terrifying. Especially dangerous is the training period, Ever since I was in Army boot camp in Fort Dix, NJ, in 1964, I have known that US troops don't just get killed overseas in combat. Deaths do occur here in the US, in training also.

One of the parts of the military
with the highest problem is that of jet fighter training. It is a time and place in which you have to have everything just right. One mistake could be summed up in one word > Death.

For the next 2 weeks, just about 10 miles from me, in MacDill Air Force base it's going to get very loud around here, as they are going to be having fighter pilot training. I would say to all those inside the cockpits, leave the humor outside the cockpit, don't get distracted, and just do the training 100% as specified. Be Careful.

Training in a T 33 was interesting jumping from a recip to a jet. Things happen faster.

I'm surprised there are not more accidents--especially on carriers
they all have great discipline/etc to keep the accident rate down
...I was posting in another thread about how few accidental discharges we had in the USMC considering how much we fired--great discipline

Forum List

Back