Being Your Own Person and Being Told What to Think

I am sure he didn't yet that has nothing to do with being a success just because a person has a large accumulation of wealth..

Again, depends on how they acquired that wealth.

Bill and Hil-Lairs speaking fees tripled once she became SOS. Now why would that be, because they suddenly became more interesting speakers once she got that seat?

It reminds me of the good ole GW days: GW went to war in Iraq to get even for his father. GW went to war in Iraq for their oil. GW went to war in Iraq for his rich oil buddies. None of these bogus claims (and others) had an ounce of evidence or hint of accuracy, just the accusations made by the left. But Hillary? It's right in front of your face and you on the left will defend her to the death because she hasn't yet been indicted or convicted.

I am sure he didn't yet that has nothing to do with being a success just because a person has a large accumulation of wealth..

Again, depends on how they acquired that wealth.

Bill and Hil-Lairs speaking fees tripled once she became SOS. Now why would that be, because they suddenly became more interesting speakers once she got that seat?

It reminds me of the good ole GW days: GW went to war in Iraq to get even for his father. GW went to war in Iraq for their oil. GW went to war in Iraq for his rich oil buddies. None of these bogus claims (and others) had an ounce of evidence or hint of accuracy, just the accusations made by the left. But Hillary? It's right in front of your face and you on the left will defend her to the death because she hasn't yet been indicted or convicted.
Who is the left you so admire? I would never support or vote for the Clinton's, try that fallacy somewhere else...

Hillary Clinton is the most plastic packaged presidential candidate in history. Little rich girl from suburbia goes to college, becomes a liberal, married a weasel, and spend over half her life in government. She has no understaning of average Americans...only what her political consultants tell her to think, do, or say. Trump has done something else with his life as a successful businessman and certainly does not do what his handlers want him to do or say. Who is the most original candidate? Choice is clear.

My opinion: Trump is playing a pre-packaged populist script which is used to attract under-educated white people to the Republican Orbit.

Indeed, Trump is singing a very familiar song. Angry, anti-Washington, outsider, straight-talk, borders-language-culture, law and order, culture war. This script has been used tirelessly since Nixon, who (with Goldwater & Wallace) exploited white backlash over the Civil Rights Movement, Affirmative Action, soft-on-crime liberals, gender/race/lifestyle activism, secularism, etc.

Reagan's version of Law & Order was brilliant. You will recall that during Reagan's tenure, the USA's inner cities were suffering from two major shifts: 1) Deindustrialization: capitalist production started shifting to the cheaper operating costs of China, leaving inner cities with abandoned factories and large superfluous populations without jobs. Blacks were the lowest rung of the workforce, so they suffered the most, which accelerated ghettoization and crime. 2) The rollback of welfare. This is when Reagan started defunding portions of the welfare state, which hit blacks the hardest (and also accelerated ghettoization and crime).

Reagan promised to repair the inner cities by getting tough on crime. His big initiative was the War on Drugs, which made it easier for state law enforcement to move jobless blacks from defunct factories and dismantled welfare rolls into prison cells.

But I digress.

I agree: Clinton is a pre-packaged politician regurgitating tired liberal platitudes about inclusiveness and social justice, etc. Yawn.

But Trump seems like he's playing the angry, straight-talking outsider with more transparency and creepy venal stupidity than Clinton is playing her own tired song.

I can't believe you fell for it. The guy was a lifelong Democrat whose trade and immigration positions are completely contrary to Reagan's.

Please turn off talk radio and Fox News. Go to a library and take your brain back. (And that's coming from someone who voted for HWB.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back