best athlete to never win MVP?

1630442265770.png
1630442468148.png

And the BIGGEST OF ALL

1630442686418.png

1630442650460.png

It's tough to be MVP when you aren't even the best player on your own team. Jerry West was never the best player on the Lakers. Many great players suffer for not having played on a winner. In my opinion, each sport should have a Player of the Year award for the best individual season, and MVP, for being the most valuable player on a winning team. They will probably give Ohtani the MVP award this year, even if he doesn't hit any more home runs, but his team won't win anything.

From what I remember Stockton should have won at least one.
But then you have a choice of two avenues. One being MVP. Maybe more then once. Or winning a Championship or more. I would take the Championships even with the possible less notoriety.

Reggie Miller. i was a big Pacers fan...should have won at least 1 title

Not a shot Reggie Miller was the best to never win mvp. He was only a five time AllStar and never was close in the MVP voting. He barely snuck in to the hall of fame. The legend of Reggie Miller is much better than the actual player was.

Not a shot Reggie Miller was the best to never win mvp. He was only a five time AllStar and never was close in the MVP voting. He barely snuck in to the hall of fame. The legend of Reggie Miller is much better than the actual player was.
blasphemy

few people understand basketball, but everyone has an opinion

blasphemy

few people understand basketball, but everyone has an opinion
I didn’t say you weren’t entitled to your opinion. I am however disagreeing with it. Stats-wise he wasn’t the best player to ever not win an MVP. I can’t think of any basis for your argument that he is the best player to never win the award.

Forum List

Back