best athlete to never win MVP?

Well he never won either one.
Well he never won either one.
But there are many others. If by the old rules, LeBron would have stayed with the Cavaliers for a couple of decades and frankly, he would not have won a championship either. I was only spewing what I would prefer. McNabb a great QB for the Eagles with accolades or Nick Foles.

If by the old rules, LeBron would have stayed with the Cavaliers for a couple of decades and frankly, he would not have won a championship either.
Disagree. Lebron would have eventually won a championship even if he had stayed with the Cavs. Come to think of it, he did win one with the Cavs.

Disagree. Lebron would have eventually won a championship even if he had stayed with the Cavs. Come to think of it, he did win one with the Cavs.
Yeah he won one with the cavs after while he was gone they won the draft lottery twice while he was gone. Had Lebron stayed with the Cavs he would have never played with Kyrie. He wouldn’t have Jack shit.

Yeah he won one with the cavs after while he was gone they won the draft lottery twice while he was gone. Had Lebron stayed with the Cavs he would have never played with Kyrie. He wouldn’t have Jack shit.
He didnt have to play with Kyrie. He could have won a championship with anyone that came to the Cavs as a FA.

It's tough to be MVP when you aren't even the best player on your own team. Jerry West was never the best player on the Lakers. Many great players suffer for not having played on a winner. In my opinion, each sport should have a Player of the Year award for the best individual season, and MVP, for being the most valuable player on a winning team. They will probably give Ohtani the MVP award this year, even if he doesn't hit any more home runs, but his team won't win anything.
After Baylor's knee injury, West was indeed the Lakers' best player.

Forum List

Back