There's a place for us,
A time and place for us.
Hold my hand and we're halfway there.
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow,
Some day,
Somewhere!

West Side Story

It's officially 2018 here in eastern South Dakota. It's -19 (-28C) outside, +7 (-14C) in my garage and I've got the car's engine block heater connected. The local weather center is talking about wind chills around -45 (-43C).

Here are hopes 2018 is better than last year for all. :bye1:

Last edited:
I can't remember ever having a New Year's Eve Midnight quite like this.

It's 13 degrees out. An icy snow has been falling for hours. Internet has been out until less than an hour ago. Everybody's isolated, nobody but nobody is going out except to grab another log for the fire.

As a result what happened at midnight was...........

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. :eusa_dance:

No firecrackers, no guns shooting into dark sky, no car horns, ZERO. Not even a dog barking -- absolutely silent.
If you weren't looking at a clock you'd have no idea.

That's how it should be, dammit. Time moves the same speed tonight as any other night. Midnight turns over a new day literally every day. There's nothing in there to "celebrate". Did we think midnight wasn't gonna happen:? :wtf:

Dammit, this is the way it should be.

#%#%#%%# HALLELUJAH #%#%#%#

I think I will draw some animal totem cards..see what they say is in store for me this coming year.

Happy New Years all.

“You’ve got to trust yourself. Be gentle with yourself. And listen to yourself.
You’re the only person who can get you through this now.
You’re the only one who can survive your story, the only one who can write your future.
All you’ve got to do, when you’re ready, is stand up,
{and begin again.}”

- Tessa Shaffer -

It's 13 degrees out. An icy snow has been falling for hours. Internet has been out until less than an hour ago. Everybody's isolated, nobody but nobody is going out except to grab another log for the fire.

No firecrackers, no guns shooting into dark sky, no car horns, ZERO. Not even a dog barking -- absolutely silent.

That's how it should be, dammit. Time moves the same speed tonight as any other night. Midnight turns over a new day literally every day. There's nothing in there to "celebrate". Did we think midnight wasn't gonna happen:? :wtf:

Yup you want everyone to be a god damn robot, do what there told, pay your taxes and shut the fuck up..

No celebrations no kisses no hugs.no life..

Fuck you pogo and your pathetic world..

article-2138126-12DECFD5000005DC-985_634x947.jpg

What a boring party pooper you are. :funnyface:

Yup you want everyone to be a god damn robot, do what there told, pay your taxes and shut the fuck up..

No celebrations no kisses no hugs.no life..

Fuck you pogo and your pathetic world..

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. I'm celebrating that people at least around here were forced to QUIT being robots "celebrating" an arbitrary number that could have been placed anywhere. We could start a new year on July 23 or October 12th or February 28th. Wouldn't matter, it's inevitable. "Celebrating" what was inevitable makes no sense. Celebration is for what was not inevitable.

Capice?

The 'robots' would be those in Times Square. What are they expecting? That the clock might stop?

Besides which ---- I gave you, out of the goodness of my heart, a restaurant recommendation to die for, and you whiffed on it, so tell me all about "no life". You prolly got a McBreakfast in your robotic stupor.

Last edited:
What a party pooper.......any day you wake up still breathin is a day to celebrate and that goes double for holidays.

I do agree about the quiet & serenity, but that can happen another day.

Parties have to have a reason though. You win the big game, you land the big job, you climb the big mountain, that's a party. The clock ticks like it always does on a day you arbitrarily reset the calendar, that's normality.

saying goodbye to the old and looking forward to the new can be reason enough to party.......you can't tell me you've never partied just for the heck of it???

Actually I can. Gotta have some reasoning behind it.

And there isn't any "old" and "new" turning around; it's 11 days after the beginning of winter. How arbitrary is that? Might as well 'celebrate' midnight every day because it's exactly the same each time And there's zero chance it wasn't going to happen, so why act surprised?

Y'all think too linearly. Life is an endless cycle, not a straight line.

What a boring party pooper you are. :funnyface:

That's my job description. Says right here -- Capricorn. :deal:

What a party pooper.......any day you wake up still breathin is a day to celebrate and that goes double for holidays.

Parties have to have a reason though. You win the big game, you land the big job, you climb the big mountain, that's a party. The clock ticks like it always does on a day you arbitrarily reset the calendar, that's normality.

saying goodbye to the old and looking forward to the new can be reason enough to party.......you can't tell me you've never partied just for the heck of it???

I've heard taxi drivers party just for the hack of it!

I dunno about that, but seems to me Pogo 's neighbors must be wuss's to not party because of the cold......... but to each their own I guess

This is the sticks; the nearest tiny town is 15 miles. Nobody normally ventures out at night since there's nothing to go "to". But drop a layer of ice and frigid cold on everything, and they even bring the dogs in.

That leaves me One with Nature, undisturbed. :rock:

And there isn't any "old" and "new" turning around; it's 11 days after the beginning of winter. How arbitrary is that? Might as well 'celebrate' midnight every day because it's exactly the same each time And there's zero chance it wasn't going to happen, so why act surprised?

So says the Capricorn stick in the mud....

Everyone around me was shooting off 1-and-2 report mortars. I thought about gettin' some stuff, but that's exactly the price of the gun I want.

So I saved the firework monies and let a few rounds off into the firepit. :spinner:

For me, it's either triple-report mortars mostly, or nothing.

Around here they all started early afternoon and didn't stop till 2am. Mortars, cannons, guns...anything that goes BOOM. Sounded like a damn war zone out there and that's minor compared to 4th of July.........boys 'n their toys....sheesh

'Tis a sea-goat. We swims. :D

Last edited:

I did astrology years ago and never heard of a 'sea-goat'.......unless planetary alignments included Pisces in your birth chart???

I did astrology years ago and never heard of a 'sea-goat'.......unless planetary alignments included Pisces in your birth chart???

No Piscean pieces there, no. Although I would welcome them. I know that sounds fishy but hey I'm working for scale.

The image has a tail to tell:
z10.jpg

You can see it in the glyph as well:

capricorncard.png

My water signs are mostly Scorpio. And you'll notice all my images are always centered --- that's Mars in Libra talking.

Forum List

Back