Biden Keeps Shutting Down Lithium Mining Making Us Dependent on China

So now, you want more electric vehicles? It's hard to keep up sometimes. Lithium and cobalt mining can be detrimental to the environment, but not nearly as bad as oil and gas.

The Chinese have been mining lithium for quite a while now. Almost as long as we've hired them to build most of our battery operated devices.

So now, you want more electric vehicles? It's hard to keep up sometimes. Lithium and cobalt mining can be detrimental to the environment, but not nearly as bad as oil and gas.

The Chinese have been mining lithium for quite a while now. Almost as long as we've hired them to build most of our battery operated devices.
actually Lithium mining is far worse for the environment that drilling for oil and gas.

Why do the RWingers care is a good question.

actually Lithium mining is far worse for the environment that drilling for oil and gas.
I looked it up again. Pretty nasty stuff, but apparently fracking is quite a bit worse for land and water table problems.
I'm just curious. They're going to do what they're going to do. It happens every damn time.

The common environmental side effects of lithium mining are water loss, ground destabilisation, biodiversity loss, increased salinity of rivers, contaminated soil and toxic waste. For a tonne of lithium, up to 2 million litres of water are required. “big question”: “Where will the water come from for all this?”

I looked it up again. Pretty nasty stuff, but apparently fracking is quite a bit worse for land and water table problems.
I'm just curious. They're going to do what they're going to do. It happens every damn time.
Apparently not. You read climate kook propaganda.

Ev's are way worse for the environment than gas vehicles. Mining the minerals destroys the environment. Then when the batteries give out they are toxic to dump. They cannot be recycled. You also have to have power plants to charge them. Also China uses child labor to mine your minerals.

Ev's are way worse for the environment than gas vehicles. Mining the minerals destroys the environment. Then when the batteries give out they are toxic to dump. They cannot be recycled. You also have to have power plants to charge them. Also China uses child labor to mine your minerals.
I think your claim that they can't be recycled is wrong. Tesla is counting on recycling them.

commie ..

The common environmental side effects of lithium mining are water loss, ground destabilisation, biodiversity loss, increased salinity of rivers, contaminated soil and toxic waste. For a tonne of lithium, up to 2 million litres of water are required. “big question”: “Where will the water come from for all this?”
The OP sure used a crappy source to spew his hate mongoring.

This explains it better...

The OP sure used a crappy source to spew his hate mongoring.

This explains it better...

We can get it cheaper from China than we can mine it and process it ourselves. The same goes for importing oil and sending our recyclables to China. The U.S. used to send a lot of its plastic waste to China to get recycled. But last year, China put the kibosh on imports of the world's waste.

Forum List

Back