Biden to Resign Before This Term Ends?

So that makes it 100% confirmed? Why aren't the regular MSM all over this story?

No not confirmed....
But at least believable.

His family is in really rough shape and a huge national security issue.

Both kids are completely and totally sex and drugs addicts. That's a good enough reason to step down alone....

Then all these "vitality" photo ops keep failing miserably....and that is a signal all in itself that his vitality isn't sufficient for him to do the job.

So where you are right....it's not confirmed....but it is completely believable.

No not confirmed....
But at least believable.

His family is in really rough shape and a huge national security issue.

Both kids are completely and totally sex and drugs addicts. That's a good enough reason to step down alone....

Then all these "vitality" photo ops keep failing miserably....and that is a signal all in itself that his vitality isn't sufficient for him to do the job.

So where you are right....it's not confirmed....but it is completely believable.
I lean right and don't believe it at all. Not one bit. I know bullshit when I hear it. Just like the left are wetting themselves over the Jan 6th hearings, this is an example of the right wetting themselves over wishful thinking.

I lean right and don't believe it at all. Not one bit. I know bullshit when I hear it. Just like the left are wetting themselves over the Jan 6th hearings, this is an example of the right wetting themselves over wishful thinking.
And you might be right....I was thinking the same thing.

But then again I watched Spiro Agnew resign....and Gerald Ford take his place from the Dept of Energy. Then Nixon himself resigned before a impeachment trial could be formed.

Then I watched Bill Clinton get away with the very things Nixon did during an impeachment.

Then I watched completely fabricated charges and impeachment of Trump. And the charges were such that most people thought he was supposed to do those things. But he really didn't.

So....where I hope you are correct....the volatility of American politics has been getting worse and worse as time goes by. The rhetoric is getting worse. The volatility is rising.

I like stability...I like expected norms of conduct. Japan's PM got assassinated, Boris Johnson is resigning. Russia has invaded Ukraine and is destroying the place. PRC is ready to invade Taiwan....

I am very hopeful that you are right.

Not to nitpick, but where did this come from? I believe Ford was the House minority leader at the time, and apparently well-respected on both sides of the aisle.

Agree with your post tho.
Ford left his position for the department of Energy so he wouldn't be so busy that he could get up to speed on presidential matters. Got to sit in on cabinet meetings and stuff.
And it was a newly formed department too....just like the EPA at the time.

Ford left his position for the department of Energy so he wouldn't be so busy that he could get up to speed on presidential matters. Got to sit in on cabinet meetings and stuff.
And it was a newly formed department too....just like the EPA at the time.

I believe you are mistaken. The Dept of Energy was not created until 1977, Ford was sworn in as president in 1974.

I believe you are mistaken. The Dept of Energy was not created until 1977, Ford was sworn in as president in 1974.
It wouldn't be the first time....but there was something to do with the DOE and Ford before he became VP....and I'm sure of that....but it has been 50 years ago too. I'm going to have to go look it up.

I'm thinking that probably the DOE was just an advisory position and not a true Department. He didn't exactly hold that position for long as Spiro's bribery case was a sure fire career killer. It was just like a month or two. And Ford's support of Nixon and the known ire of Johnson was going to get him promoted.

There was a lot of shuffling about with people in those days.

Ford was actually one of the last few "good guys" in DC. He toned down the rhetoric...was capable and able to work both sides of the aisle and keep himself above the fray.
Publicly Ford wasn't popular. Behind the scenes he was one of the most respected men in DC for his integrity.
He took a lot of heat for marrying a divorced woman. (Scandalous at that time) and the political suicide of giving Nixon a pardon for covering up the Watergate Hotel break in. Nixon actually knew nothing about it until that day on his way to testify and was informed last minute about it that his staff was actually involved. And I do mean last minute.
He should have just testified so...but I'm thinking he wanted to remain loyal to his staff...defend his people.

Compared to today....these guys were cut from a different cloth. Don't make them like that anymore.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back