Bipartisan bill would reclassify marijuana as Schedule 3 substance

Regardless of how one feels about it, marijuana is not heroin and should not be in the same classification.
. Well I did smoke it once or twice back in the day, but just couldn't see myself doing something like that no matter how trendy it was. I remember thinking that if I did smoke it ever again, that I would never buy it in a quantity or graduate to a pill or needle. The great thing is that I figured out that I didn't need anything like that in my life, and so I never smoked it again, and I dang sure didn't graduate to anything else. Drug free except for the time I tried pot a few times, and proud of it. It's best that people stay away from these crutches in their lives, and they will find that they will be a heck of lot better off in life. My two cents worth I guess.

I have consumed hemp protein everyday for years. As far as the THC variation, it is a very beneficial herbal supplement, totally natural, not a "drug."

Bipartisan legislation proposed in the House on Thursday would make marijuana a Schedule 3 drug, removing cannabis from its current standing as a Schedule 1 substance alongside deadly contraband including ecstasy and heroin.

By reclassifying weed in the same category as anabolic steroids, Congress would “make it easier for ill-patients and scientific and medical researchers to obtain marijuana,” the bill’s authors said in a statement Thursday.

On the heels of a bicameral effort to outright legalize weed offered a week earlier, Thursday’s proposal by freshmen Florida Reps. Matt Gaetz, a Republican, and Darren Soto, a Democrat, aims to roll back the federal government’s ongoing pot prohibition to a lesser extent by removing existing hurdles said to be hindering researchers’ ability to understand the plant’s potential benefits.

The federal government currently considers marijuana a Schedule 1 narcotic, a category prescribed to substances which “have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision and a high potential for abuse.”

Nonetheless, 28 states and the nation’s capital have approved laws allowing for residents with certain conditions to be medically treated with marijuana.

By reclassifying marijuana as a Schedule 3 substance, the bipartisan duo from the Sunshine State intend to put weed in a category reserved for substances that “have a potential for abuse less than substances in Schedules I or II and abuse may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence.”

You would think there would be some sort of celebrating.
Are you buying penny pot stocks in anticipation of a sharp rally?

Regardless of how one feels about it, marijuana is not heroin and should not be in the same classification.
. Well I did smoke it once or twice back in the day, but just couldn't see myself doing something like that no matter how trendy it was. I remember thinking that if I did smoke it ever again, that I would never buy it in a quantity or graduate to a pill or needle. The great thing is that I figured out that I didn't need anything like that in my life, and so I never smoked it again, and I dang sure didn't graduate to anything else. Drug free except for the time I tried pot a few times, and proud of it. It's best that people stay away from these crutches in their lives, and they will find that they will be a heck of lot better off in life. My two cents worth I guess.
I agree with you. But I can remember the scare tactics regarding pot, saying it was addictive and would turn you into a raving maniac, etc. All lies, and even if for the right reasons, they backfired. Once kids realized they had been lied to, they figured they were lied to about all the other drugs as well. How many of them became addicted to those other drugs because they assumed they were no more harmful than marijuana?

I swore I would never use pot either, until I turned 70. Insomnia was making my life miserable. I would wake up every night at 2 or 3am and be up for about 3hours them go back to bed. I was tired all day every day. One day someone gave me a pot cookie and my life is changed for the better. Now I sleep good every night, wake up well rested with no long lasting drugged effect I always got with sleeping pills. Now I make my own cookies. I sleep well and only spend about $20. a month to make my butter for cookies. I have a much better quality of life.

I swore I would never use pot either, until I turned 70. Insomnia was making my life miserable. I would wake up every night at 2 or 3am and be up for about 3hours them go back to bed. I was tired all day every day. One day someone gave me a pot cookie and my life is changed for the better. Now I sleep good every night, wake up well rested with no long lasting drugged effect I always got with sleeping pills. Now I make my own cookies. I sleep well and only spend about $20. a month to make my butter for cookies. I have a much better quality of life.
It does work for me like that the best out of all the drugs they have prescribed me.. The lack of the hangover is the best part..

No celebrating until it passes and doesn't get vetoed by the now extremist social conservative that Trump has morphed into

Sessions has indicated he will go after pot people bigly....
Bill O 'Reilly FOX news the Saint among us hates pot and the evil people who use it.
Trump watches FOX religiously and follows their commands.
Sessions works for TRUMP.

I will wait wait and see...

I do it for the vets up here, they want it, I'm voting for it - and I did, and it won, because the Vet's wanted it and we're heavy military. Shit "recreational" pot use was put in our State Constitution as a protected right. Fucking feds made us change our state constitution and the rulings of our courts. We blew em off for a long time, until 92 or so when they grabbed us by the balls and squeezed heh

Only infidels, protestants, and renegades to a Bible, try to gainsay Genesis 1:29-31.

Please keep your doorstop/paperweight out of all discussions of Right and Wrong. The Bible has no place in conversations about Morality any more than the Torah or Koran do.

Bipartisan legislation proposed in the House on Thursday would make marijuana a Schedule 3 drug, removing cannabis from its current standing as a Schedule 1 substance alongside deadly contraband including ecstasy and heroin.

By reclassifying weed in the same category as anabolic steroids, Congress would “make it easier for ill-patients and scientific and medical researchers to obtain marijuana,” the bill’s authors said in a statement Thursday.

On the heels of a bicameral effort to outright legalize weed offered a week earlier, Thursday’s proposal by freshmen Florida Reps. Matt Gaetz, a Republican, and Darren Soto, a Democrat, aims to roll back the federal government’s ongoing pot prohibition to a lesser extent by removing existing hurdles said to be hindering researchers’ ability to understand the plant’s potential benefits.

The federal government currently considers marijuana a Schedule 1 narcotic, a category prescribed to substances which “have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision and a high potential for abuse.”

Nonetheless, 28 states and the nation’s capital have approved laws allowing for residents with certain conditions to be medically treated with marijuana.

By reclassifying marijuana as a Schedule 3 substance, the bipartisan duo from the Sunshine State intend to put weed in a category reserved for substances that “have a potential for abuse less than substances in Schedules I or II and abuse may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence.”

What has it been 100 years plus and counting this racist prohibition finnaly being repealed at the federal level (well not counting the WWII years when the military needed the hemp)

Now this is a good idea. Maybe legalizing MJ will remove tobacco as the number one killer in America.

Forum List

Back