Bloodbath - Small, well-built Chinese EV called the Seagull poses a big threat to the US auto industry

The Europeans have also focused their subsidies on cheap and small; some people never forgot Henry Ford's success with the Model T. Global markets aren't friendly to big giant luxury hobby cars like Tesla's, which is why he's in so much trouble in the Red Chinese markets now and losing big. The middle class here in the U.S is almost non-existent now.

Who really wants to important a lot of electronic laden vehicles from a country that is gearing up to go to war with us? That alone would be more than stupid, which means Biden will take a bribe to drop the tariffs.

Who really wants to important a lot of electronic laden vehicles from a country that is gearing up to go to war with us?

China has no need nor desire to go to war with us. They just need to sit back and let us implode fighting each other over stupid shit

The communist dictatorship in china is as big and authoritarian as it gets

If we dont protect our economy from our #1 enemy we’ll be sorry

thank goodness we have papa Govt to save us from ourselves. We the people cannot be trusted to buy the right things...but your big Govt will show us the way

thank goodness we have papa Govt to save us from ourselves. We the people cannot be trusted to buy the right things...but your big Govt will show us the way
I think your gyro is slowing down

Because you sound increasingly radical and unstable

Last edited:
I think your gyro is slowing down

Because you sound increasingly radical and unstable

I have no doubt that to a big Govt authoritarian I sound that way. The mere idea of letting the people choose is enough to make you go into convulsions

Biden outdid Trump on Chinese tariffs. Biden has just announced a 100% tariff on Chinese-made electric vehicles. Chinese EVs will be subject to a 100% tariff, quadrupled from the current 27.5% rate.

Biden will start a new trade war with China to show voters that he can be as tough as Trump on China.

EVs imported from China will see their tariffs more than quadrupled from 27.5% to 100% — a policy lever meant to challenge Beijing’s practice of encouraging aggressively low pricing by domestic EV manufacturers while levying a 40% tariff on US car imports.

In addition to EVs, increased tariffs will apply to imports of Chinese steel and aluminum, legacy semiconductors, battery components, critical minerals, solar cells, cranes and medical products.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that to a big Govt authoritarian I sound that way. The mere idea of letting the people choose is enough to make you go into convulsions
I think you have to be pretty clueless to give away an important industry like auto manufacturing to your #1 enemy in the world

Which is what you are advocating

I know you have plans to bug-out from America someday when conditions get bad enough

But I’d rather not see our situation get so bad in the first place

Biden outdid Trump on Chinese tariffs. Biden has just announced a 100% tariff on Chinese-made electric vehicles. Chinese EVs will be subject to a 100% tariff, quadrupled from the current 27.5% rate.

EVs imported from China will see their tariffs more than quadrupled from 27.5% to 100% — a policy lever meant to challenge Beijing’s practice of encouraging aggressively low pricing by domestic EV manufacturers while levying a 40% tariff on US car imports.

In addition to EVs, increased tariffs will apply to imports of Chinese steel and aluminum, legacy semiconductors, battery components, critical minerals, solar cells, cranes and medical products.

Good for biden, or the power behind the curtain

Either way lets hope the tariffs remain for as long as the communists are in power

I think you have to be pretty clueless to give away an important industry like auto manufacturing to your #1 enemy in the world

Which is what you are advocating

I know you have plans to bug-out from America someday when conditions get bad enough

But I’d rather not see our situation get so bad in the first place

Hey, I get it. The people cannot be trusted to make decisions for themselves, thus you Father Govt will tell them what to think and what to buy.

They are already bad enough, just waiting on the wife to be ready to retire.

Hey, I get it. The people cannot be trusted to make decisions for themselves, thus you Father Govt will tell them what to think and what to buy.

You sound as if you think tariffs are a new idea dreamed up by conservatives just because we are meanies

In fact we have had them since 1789

And the world has used them long before that

We share a common goal

I want you away from America as much or more than you do

I only wish we could stop you from crawling back someday

You sound as if you think tariffs are a new idea dreamed up by conservatives just because we are meanies

Tariffs are loved by both parties, an actual conservative would never enact one.

It is just one more way there is so little difference between the two parties.

Must control the masses and make sure they only buy what is approved by Father Govt.

Tariffs are loved by both parties, an actual conservative would never enact one.

It is just one more way there is so little difference between the two parties.

Must control the masses and make sure they only buy what is approved by Father Govt.
I am not a barking-at-the-moon anything-goes libertarian

We have tariffs to protect our industries from foreign enemies that would do us harm

You keep bragging that you got yours and to hell with America

But if America goes down there wont be anyplace on earth thats good for you either

We built our massive industrial base behind them, while the Brits went into decline without them. Off-shoring gutted our tax base and productivity, and it's time to rebuild it back.

Last edited:
We built our massive industrial base behind then, while the Brits went into decline without them. Off-shoring gutted our tax base and productivity, and it's time to rebuild it back.
You summed it up well

Forum List

Back