Boomer: Get your wife a C Section so you don't miss a game

Last edited:
At a certain point, sports commentators need to understand that it is just a game, a form of entertainment.

The birth of someones first child is more important than playing a game. There are always other games but you only have so many children
That's the problem with you liberals. You view employment as a game when it's a contract between you and your employer.

Boomer is an honorable man who lives up to the contracts he makes.

OK, how is one NOT living up to their contract if the contract says they are allowed such maternity leave?

You'd think that someone who is a sports commentator would know something about the unions and the players they speak of. The baseball union negotiated for 3 days off for the players for maternity leave.

Matter of fact, even the U.S. military allows for maternity leave, for both the mother AND the father.

(4) Paternity Leave - A period of authorized absence up to 10 days granted to a married Service member whose wife gives birth to a child and is subsequently used in connection with this birth. Paternity leave is not chargeable to a Service member’s leave account. See MILPERSMAN 1050-430.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/milpersman/1000/1000General/Documents/1050-010.pdf

10 days of non-chargeable leave to the father, so they can be home with the newborn.

What part is "guy talk"? Are you stupid or something?

Why are you trying to make this personal? I'm not saying Boomer was right, I'm saying a sports radio show is guy talk.

Women can and do listen to sports radio shows. What the fuck Flinstone's Village did you get kicked out of?

Oh please ! quit it with the self righteous charade. A very small percentage of women listen to sports radio but that was not my point.

Why are you trying to make this personal? I'm not saying Boomer was right, I'm saying a sports radio show is guy talk.

Women can and do listen to sports radio shows. What the fuck Flinstone's Village did you get kicked out of?

Oh please ! quit it with the self righteous charade. A very small percentage of women listen to sports radio but that was not my point.

Even if your point was that sports radio was that's where (mostly) guys get together to talk about sports, would a wife REALLY want her husband to listen to that kind of crap and take it on as gospel (especially if she's expecting)?

Outrage over Boomer Esiason's C-section before season starts idea - CNN.com

Did he really suggest that New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy should have encouraged his wife to have a C-section, which is major surgery, so that he wouldn't have to miss Opening Day?

Murphy's wife went into labor so he flew to be with her, missing the season's first two games. Major League Baseball allows a player to miss up to three games for paternity leave.

During a conversation on his radio show with co-host Craig Carton, Esiason, a father of two, said he would never have done what Murphy did.

"Quite frankly, I would have said C-section before the season starts," said Esiason. "I need to be at Opening Day. I'm sorry. This is what makes our money. This is how we're going to live our life. This is going to give my child every opportunity to be a success in life. I'll be able to afford any college I want to send my kid to because I'm a baseball player."

WOW :lol:

Glad I'm not related. What a dick, seriously

Even if your point was that sports radio was that's where (mostly) guys get together to talk about sports, would a wife REALLY want her husband to listen to that kind of crap and take it on as gospel (especially if she's expecting)?

I don't think anyone took it as as gospel. I don't think Boomer really believed what he said. I wouldn't take marriage,maternity or parenting advice from a sports show.

He apologized .

"I want to say again on this radio show that in no way, shape or form was I advocating anything for anybody to do. I was not telling women what to do with their bodies ... I would never do that. That's their decision," said Esiason.

"And the other thing, too, that I really felt bad about is that Daniel Murphy and Tori Murphy were dragged into a conversation, and their whole life was exposed. And it shouldn't have been. And that is my fault.

"I apologize for putting him and his wife in the midst of a public discussion that I basically started by uttering insensitive comments that came off very insensitive. And for that I apologize."

Can we drop the fauxtrage now?

I don't think anyone took it as as gospel. I don't think Boomer really believed what he said. I wouldn't take marriage,maternity or parenting advice from a sports show.

If Boomer didn't believe what he said, then why did he say it?

If Boomer didn't believe what he said, then why did he say it?

An heighten sense of machismo,especially in football. Plus you talk sports for 24 hours a day someone is gonna say something stupid.

Most of the women I know are pretty devout football fans, and not only watch, but talk, sports.

But then again...............I'm located in Texas where football is a religion.

He apologized .

"I want to say again on this radio show that in no way, shape or form was I advocating anything for anybody to do. I was not telling women what to do with their bodies ... I would never do that. That's their decision," said Esiason.

"And the other thing, too, that I really felt bad about is that Daniel Murphy and Tori Murphy were dragged into a conversation, and their whole life was exposed. And it shouldn't have been. And that is my fault.

"I apologize for putting him and his wife in the midst of a public discussion that I basically started by uttering insensitive comments that came off very insensitive. And for that I apologize."

Can we drop the fauxtrage now?

Honest rage

Boomer is a decent man, Boomer screwed up, Boomer gave a sincere apology

Time to move on

Forum List

Back