Bruised And Bloodied Disney Princesses

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Bruised And Bloodied Disney Princesses Remind Us Domestic Violence Can Happen To Anyone

"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"

That's the tag line of artist Saint Hoax's awareness campaign for domestic violence titled "Happy Never After." Similar to his first poster series "Princest Diaries," which promotes awareness of issues of sexual abuse by family members, the objective of "Happy Never After" is to encourage victims of domestic violence to report their attackers.

"Disney princess are perceived as ideal females," Hoax told HuffPost in an email. "They belong to a fairytale land where happy ever afters are bound to happen. But what happens after the happy ever after?"

o-DISNEY-PRINCESS-1-570.jpg

Like, as if this will stop guys from beating the snot out of women.

My solution to this problem is my attitude. I tell the guy straight out, you better not hit me. If I can't get you when your awake,I'll get you while you sleep, but I will have my revenge before I leave you.

No mans every hit me and no man ever will.

Ditto. Ex hubby thought he would be a prick and "show me my place". I gave as good as I got but him being a....ahem..."man", he was stronger than I was.
I waited a whole day until he was shaving in the bathroom..then I went in there, said "honey?" and when he turned, I punched him as hard as I could right in the jaw. Knocked his ass out and just about broke my damn hand. When he came to, I said "touch me again, you won't be waking up".
We divorced soon after.

Any man that strikes a woman in a domestic situation is a scumbag. Walk away...it was not meant to be.

Here's my problem with the campaign though. Little girls have to know that they are princesses. They have to know that they are the sweetest things that were ever born.

Little girls have to know that a mommy cares a daddy cares a brother cares. Princesses don't get beat up. Princesses turn into warriors.

Princesses have the right to hit back. Princesses have the right to beat the shit out of any man who hits her.

Princesses kick ass. My ex husband learned this lesson. I was my daddy's princess. My ex husband learned that when he went to the hospital.

Last edited:
Here's my problem with the campaign though. Little girls have to know that they are princesses. They have to know that they are the sweetest things that were ever born.

Little girls have to know that a mommy cares a daddy cares a brother cares. Princesses don't get beat up. Princesses turn into warriors.

Princesses have the right to hit back. Princesses have the right to beat the shit out of any man who hits her.

Princesses kick ass.

As the father to a daughter I say "You roll little dancer." I will never tolerate a man hitting a woman under any circumstances other than an assault. Had a man rough my daughter up one time...he regretted that shit. Know for a fact he still can't chew his cereal right in the morning.

Not long after my divorce, a newspaper story caught my attention. "Domestic Violence". Nothing there of which I wasn't already aware.

But the game changer for me was an attached story titled "The Seven Signs of Emotional Abuse".

I read through it and realized "my God that was my 13 year marriage". And I suddenly felt this huge weight of guilt and shame lifted from my shoulders.

This shit flies both ways.

It will have the same effect as those stupid Facebook posts - 'like' if you are against domestic violence, 'ignore' if you don't care.

I HATE those posts with a passion.

Not long after my divorce, a newspaper story caught my attention. "Domestic Violence". Nothing there of which I wasn't already aware.

But the game changer for me was an attached story titled "The Seven Signs of Emotional Abuse".

I read through it and realized "my God that was my 13 year marriage". And I suddenly felt this huge weight of guilt and shame lifted from my shoulders.

This shit flies both ways.

Yes it does. But, a man must take the honorable route and never strike a woman. Just walk away. It's hard in a modern world, but we have to maintain our values. If she shits all over you, feel sorry for the next guy. She is not worth it. Seen it before. Been shit on myself. Thank the guy, he done you a favor.

My little tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny sister is mired in a marriage to a very large ape. She has for years endured verbal, emotional, and psychological abuse. Not only that, he is spending their family into financial ruin. I would like nothing more than to fly out there, break his legs, and be back home in time for a stiff whiskey. But alas, this is hers to endure. I'm always there for her when she calls or emails, but a marital environment is not to be so trod upon.

Don't get me wrong- I have been very protective of her over the years. She once had a boyfriend who physically roughed her up. Once. She called me at 3am and by 8am I was on a plane to Florida.

That afternoon, I met with "Pete" over a beer. I very calmly told him "you know- my sister has six brothers, and you're very fortunate that I'm the one sitting across from you because I am the peacemaker in this family. But I will tell you quite certainly that if you ever so much as look at our sister again, all six of us will be on your doorstep, and we will break your arms and your legs and you will never walk again".

And now... you know... the REST of the story.

G'day!

My little tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny sister is mired in a marriage to a very large ape. She has for years endured verbal, emotional, and psychological abuse. Not only that, he is spending their family into financial ruin. I would like nothing more than to fly out there, break his legs, and be back home in time for a stiff whiskey. But alas, this is hers to endure. I'm always there for her when she calls or emails, but a marital environment is not to be so trod upon.

Don't get me wrong- I have been very protective of her over the years. She once had a boyfriend who physically roughed her up. Once. She called me at 3am and by 8am I was on a plane to Florida.

That afternoon, I met with "Pete" over a beer. I very calmly told him "you know- my sister has six brothers, and you're very fortunate that I'm the one sitting across from you because I am the peacemaker in this family. But I will tell you quite certainly that if you ever so much as look at our sister again, all six of us will be on your doorstep, and we will break your arms and your legs and you will never walk again".

G'day!

In that situation, she has to make a choice. Sometimes you can separate them and they still go back to abuse. Then you guys have to make a choice of what action you wish to take to stop it or let it go. Florida has lots of marsh grounds for assholes like him...just saying.

G'day!

In that situation, she has to make a choice. Sometimes you can separate them and they still go back to abuse. Then you guys have to make a choice of what action you wish to take to stop it or let it go. Florida has lots of marsh grounds for assholes like him...just saying.

Thanks.

They are actually in Maryland now. Divorce laws seem very cut and dried- shit's cut down the middle. And she'd rather he not have diddle. Which is what he deserves.

She is choicing, and calculating. She will decide when the time is right. And I trust her to do that.

Damn, I wish we were Italian. This would have been resolved long ago.

Princesses kick ass. My ex husband learned this lesson. I was my daddy's princess. My ex husband learned that when he went to the hospital.

On occasion I remind my daughter that the less she depends upon a man in life, the better off she will be. Independence is a form of personal power.

Change a light bulb, change a flat tire. Fix a leaky faucet, fix a leak in the roof.

Even our children must learn to look out in life...

Look up - Look down
There's a crazy world outside
We're not about to lose our pride...

Last edited by a moderator:

G'day!

Thanks.

They are actually in Maryland now. Divorce laws seem very cut and dried- shit's cut down the middle. And she'd rather he not have diddle. Which is what he deserves.

She is choicing, and calculating. She will decide when the time is right. And I trust her to do that.

Damn, I wish we were Italian. This would have been resolved long ago.

Irish Catholic will do the same.:eusa_angel:

Life ain't a movie, but violence is real, good campaign I truly support it with all my heart.
-Anti-Feminine

On occasion I remind my daughter that the less she depends upon a man in life, the better off she will be. Independence is a form of personal power.

Change a light bulb, change a flat tire. Fix a leaky faucet, fix a leak in the roof.

Even our children must learn to look out in life...

Look up - Look down
There's a crazy world outside
We're not about to lose our pride...

And know they are not alone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, abuse goes many different ways. A man should not take abuse from a woman either.

With that said...some men believe it is ok to hit if the woman "gets in his face". In other words...yells at him, mouths off at him, cusses him, etc. So smacking her is just fine and dandy (ask NLT. Thats what he said he would do...hit her if he didn't like what she was saying). So where is the line? Does yelling at someone warrant physical repercussions? Not in my book. Walk away, get a divorce, leave the situation, etc. Men ARE stronger. They pack a more powerful punch. So why hit the woman because her words piss ya off?

And then there is the mental abuse. No hitting, but the mental games. From men AND women both. Neither party has to stay in that situation.

Forum List

Back