Four counts of using and carrying a firearm in relation to a crime of violence
Two counts of assault on a federal officer
Two counts of threatening a federal law enforcement officer
Three counts of obstruction of the due administration of justice
Two counts of interference with interstate commerce by extortion
One count of interstate travel in aid of extortion

Cliven Bundy, his sons, 2 others indicted for 2014 standoff | KGW.com

Great News!

Where are all the RWers yelling Foul? Gotta hurt to lose another one...

Damn i was hoping they would nail him for sexually molesting his cattle too. Maybe they will try him on those charges later.

Nobody does that silly. With cows you gotta get down & walk around front for a kiss.

I guess the RW lunatics concede defeat, as they will in November and then get a Very Liberal justice.

I thought Bundy got away with it?

Guess its time to pay the piper

One count of conspiracy to impede or injure a federal officer
Four counts of using and carrying a firearm in relation to a crime of violence
Two counts of assault on a federal officer
Two counts of threatening a federal law enforcement officer
Three counts of obstruction of the due administration of justice
Two counts of interference with interstate commerce by extortion
One count of interstate travel in aid of extortion

Cliven Bundy, his sons, 2 others indicted for 2014 standoff | KGW.com

Great News!

Damn. A quick review of the charges puts the maximum prison sentence somewhere around 60 to 75 years....depending on if simple assault is considered 'any crime of violence'. If yes, 75 years. If no, 60.

In the federal system you have to serve about 300 days of each year, even with good behavior. So.....49 years and 61 years respectively would actually have to be served if they were given the maximum to be served consecutively.

So.....2065 to 2077 or so.

And that's without the refuge occupation. Hope they've taken their vitamins and done plenty of cardio.

Where are all the RWers yelling Foul? Gotta hurt to lose another one...

We know there's no way they're goi g quietly to stand trial. If anything they'll be tried in absentia and good luck getti g them to the prison to serve time.

They're already in custody. They won't really have a choice but to attend their trials.

They're already in custody. They won't really have a choice but to attend their trials.

That doesnt mean they have to participate in the events. Ive commented several times that if I were ever arrested, I would aimply refuse to interact with the system. No talking. No working with defense counsel. Basically refuse to be involved in any way.

That doesnt mean they have to participate in the events.

If the events involve going to prison.....yeah, they do.

If they 'refuse' to be transferred to prison, they'll be taken anyway.

Ive commented several times that if I were ever arrested, I would aimply refuse to interact with the system. No talking. No working with defense counsel. Basically refuse to be involved in any way.

Then a defense and plea would be entered for you. And the trial would continue anyway. Along with any conviction and sentence.

Your participation isn't strictly necessary. Merely the freedom to participate is required. And you have that, regardless of what you choose say or don't.

I thought it was damned considerate of the Feds to arrest all the Bundys together

That way they can keep the family together in the cell block while they convince their fellow inmates of the evil of federal land management

I thought it was damned considerate of the Feds to arrest all the Bundys together

That way they can keep the family together in the cell block while they convince their fellow inmates of the evil of federal land management

Nice to keep the family together....:biggrin:

Forum List

Back