Bunny Policing Is Serious Business....MN DNR Blew Up Illegal Tree Stands with Dynamite!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

OIP.67jR0CPurQ9CummKhnatFwHaJ4

A series of blasts shocked residents of a rural area north of Deer River, Minnesota, roughly six weeks ago. The source? State foresters with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources using dynamite to decimate two enclosed deer stands built illegally on trees in Bowstring State Forest. The explosions were strong enough to knock the drink off resident Jim Fena’s countertop, he tells Outdoor Life.

“I live less than a mile from there,” Fena says. “It was late morning or early afternoon, and I thought it was a jet breaking a sound barrier. I didn’t really know what it was. But the windows rattled and the can of Coke fell off the bar. My whole place shook. I didn’t know what it was until the next day when someone happened to ask if I felt the shaking, and they said it was the DNR blowing up the deer stands.”

Before Kaboom!

deer_stand_pre_explosion.jpg

After kaboom!

deer_stand_debris-e1713563718883.jpeg

OIP.67jR0CPurQ9CummKhnatFwHaJ4

A series of blasts shocked residents of a rural area north of Deer River, Minnesota, roughly six weeks ago. The source? State foresters with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources using dynamite to decimate two enclosed deer stands built illegally on trees in Bowstring State Forest. The explosions were strong enough to knock the drink off resident Jim Fena’s countertop, he tells Outdoor Life.

“I live less than a mile from there,” Fena says. “It was late morning or early afternoon, and I thought it was a jet breaking a sound barrier. I didn’t really know what it was. But the windows rattled and the can of Coke fell off the bar. My whole place shook. I didn’t know what it was until the next day when someone happened to ask if I felt the shaking, and they said it was the DNR blowing up the deer stands.”

Before Kaboom!

deer_stand_pre_explosion.jpg

After kaboom!

deer_stand_debris-e1713563718883.jpeg
I guess that answers the question...If a deer stand falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

“I would expect that if anyone’s going to follow the law, it should be them.”

That is expecting too much. Laws are only for the little people.

On the Indian reservation,,,,,,,,probably wont end well, besides Gov was to give more of the State away

I guess that answers the question...If a deer stand falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Sound is a vibration and a person's ears are just a receiver.
The explosion did emit a vibration.
But apparently there wasn't a human ear around to receive the vibration.

Forum List

Back