California's latest unconstitutional

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
California is considering passing a law that prohibits judges from participating in the Boy Scouts.

it's hard to find any example that's more anti-American than this.
a bunch of idiots have a stick up their ass about the Boys Scouts, ...they think it's the hitler youth, so they pass laws to prohibit people from participating.
they won't be happy until homosexuals are there molesting boys.
I guess when you become a judge the state and feds own you now

Government can't dictate how people spend their private time. Well, used to be that way. Now the liberals stick their nose into your business and bitch or pass new laws if they don't like what they see.

Amazing – the boy scouts used to be a symbol of excellence, perseverance and pride. They have been viscerally attacked because of the beliefs that the foundation holds. Sick considering freedom is based on your ability to believe and do as you wish.

CA has always been a political mess though. This does not surprise me.

Oh, by the way – an OP like this is utterly meaningless without a source – just telling this to without one makes one immediately suspicious of its validity:
California might bar judges from being Boy Scout leaders - latimes.com

Of note:
Of 47 states that ban judges from joining discriminatory groups, 22 states, including California, include a bar on groups that show bias on the basis of sexual orientation. California is the only one of these that makes exceptions for youth groups, the ethics committee said.

Apparently CA is not the only (or even the first) to make such a move. I think the idea rather asinine tbh.

California is considering passing a law that prohibits judges from participating in the Boy Scouts.

a bunch of idiots have a stick up their ass about the Boys Scouts, ...they think it's the hitler youth, so they pass laws to prohibit people from participating.

No links?

Sorry we can't take your word for it.

I'm guessing you misread an article.

No links?

I gave you a link. Try reading the thread.

No links?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latimes.com%2Flocal%2Flanow%2Fla-me-ln-boy-scouts-judges-20140206%2C0%2C4158712.story&ei=uAT3Us-cJePkyAG3-IHgDg&usg=AFQjCNFy33278BsZnCbmarzQP5es7WkyMQ&sig2=xSiFGKzc8dVqaBbGxhKiPA&bvm=bv.60983673,d.aWc

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to not come to the conclusion that ignorance and stupidity are prerequisites for being a conservative, the OP is a prime example.

It’s not a ‘law’ but a sound and appropriate ethics policy:

Of 47 states that ban judges from joining discriminatory groups, 22 states, including California, include a bar on groups that show bias on the basis of sexual orientation. California is the only one of these that makes exceptions for youth groups, the ethics committee said.

There is nothing ‘un-Constitutional’ about prohibiting state judges from belonging to organizations that discriminate, such as the BSA.

There is also nothing unusual or ‘un-Constitutional’ about legal professionals – or other professionals, for that matter – being required to abide by an ethics policy.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to not come to the conclusion that ignorance and stupidity are prerequisites for being a conservative, the OP is a prime example.

There is nothing ‘un-Constitutional’ about prohibiting state judges from belonging to organizations that discriminate, such as the BSA.

There is also nothing unusual or ‘un-Constitutional’ about legal professionals – or other professionals, for that matter – being required to abide by an ethics policy.

There is something wrong with including the Boy Scouts of America in such an ethical banned group. It is asinine.

So, judges can't belong to any churches then?

No links?

And you don't? Oh ye king of spin?

Well yeah it's that free association thing guaranteed in the Constitution. But idiots like you are still telling people it's Republicans who want to control your life.

Government can't dictate how people spend their private time. Well, used to be that way. Now the liberals stick their nose into your business and bitch or pass new laws if they don't like what they see.

They do what the voters allow them to.

apparently, you don't understand the concept of freedom and free will.

if a judge wants to support the KKK, that's his own business.
ironically, the KKK was far less damaging to the country than the ACLU

Forum List

Back