Campbell Brown: A stark example of media complicity

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
It's ironic that Campbell Brown is using the word "complicit" in her argument for a week long media blackout of Donald Trump. Because this former CNN anchor / OP ED writer/ pundit is openly soliciting her fellow media members to be complicit against the leading GOP presidential candidate. Does she not have a clue about long forgotten journalism standards?

Former CNN anchor Campbell Brown pleads for a week-long Trump media blackout | Radio and TV Talk

Dear Former TV Colleagues, Give Us a Week Without Trump

media.jpg

It's ironic that Campbell Brown is using the word "complicit" in her argument for a week long media blackout of Donald Trump. Because this former CNN anchor / OP ED writer/ pundit is openly soliciting her fellow media members to be complicit against the leading GOP presidential candidate. Does she not have a clue about long forgotten journalism standards?

Former CNN anchor Campbell Brown pleads for a week-long Trump media blackout | Radio and TV Talk

You might wanna look up the definition of the word "complicit".

:oops:

You might want to not be a deuche. But then again, it doesn't seem like that's anything you really want.

You might want to not be a deuche. But then again, it doesn't seem like that's anything you really want.

While you're in there you might look up the spelling of douche. Which means "shower", not the playing card with the 2 on it.

Maybe you'd better stick to your native tongue, whatever that is. I hear English is hard.

While you're in there you might look up the spelling of douche. Which means "shower", not the playing card with the 2 on it.

Maybe you'd better stick to your native tongue, whatever that is. I hear English is hard.

Are you done being a deuche so that we can regard the topic at hand? No, you never are. And why don't you lecture me that that's a double negative while you're at it because deuches like yourself love to trifle.

Are you done being a deuche so that we can regard the topic at hand? No, you never are. And why don't you lecture me that that's a double negative while you're at it because deuches like yourself love to trifle.

There is no "topic at hand".
And that's because you don't know what complicity means.

There is no "topic at hand".
And that's because you don't know what complicity means.

If you're going to make a rebuttal, the onus is on you to make a full argument. Throwing out lame sh** like people misused a word is not grounds for saying there is no argument at hand. As far as I'm concerned, I used the word correctly; and even if I hadn't, that wouldn't cancel out the intent of my argument. Now that I've explained this to you, child, how about you now do two things:

1. Regard the OP in proper manner. Mmmhmm.
2. Explain why you think the word complicity was misused.

You'll notice the first one is bolded because people do make threads to discuss topics and not piddle with you over the definitions of words (or get into technical frays about logic), contrary to your troll beliefs.

He's quoting Brown who used the word. Correctly IMO.

She did, but the poster is using it to mean the opposite of what it means.

Campbell Brown from what he says, is calling for an end to that complicity. In effect a news boycott, or more correctly an attention boycott.

It won't work of course, since attention is what pays commercial news' bills (and feeds Rump's insatiable insecurity), and is thus a symbiotic co-dependency, but that's the idea. But the word means the opposite of what he wants here.

If you're going to make a rebuttal, the onus is on you to make a full argument. Throwing out lame sh** like people misused a word is not grounds for saying there is no argument at hand. As far as I'm concerned, I used the word correctly; and even if I hadn't, that wouldn't cancel out the intent of my argument. Now that I've explained this to you, child, how about you now do two things:

1. Regard the OP in proper manner. Mmmhmm.
2. Explain why you think the word complicity was misused.

You'll notice the first one is bolded because people do make threads to discuss topics and not piddle with you over the definitions of words (or get into technical frays about logic), contrary to your troll beliefs.

Way to not step up, pussy

Pogo

You should change your screen name to pussy.

Campbell Brown from what he says, is calling for an end to that complicity. In effect a news boycott, or more correctly an attention boycott.

It won't work of course, since attention is what pays commercial news' bills (and feeds Rump's insatiable insecurity), and is thus a symbiotic co-dependency, but that's the idea. But the word means the opposite of what he wants here.

So-called-irony aside, I used the word correctly. Complicity is based upon persons perpetrating wrong doing. Calling for media censorship qualifies in the eyes of many. Telling me that I was using a word incorrectly instead of arguing against my premise was classic Pogo. He does this every fucking thread. He trifles over the smallest detail he can find (regardless of whether he is wrong or right), and he makes that the primary issue. And for this, he is absolutely a candidate for lamest USMB poster of all-time.

So-called-irony aside, I used the word correctly. Complicity is based upon persons perpetrating wrong doing. Calling for media censorship qualifies in the eyes of many. Telling me that I was using a word incorrectly instead of arguing against my premise was classic Pogo. He does this every fucking thread. He trifles over the smallest detail he can find (regardless of whether he is wrong or right), and he makes that the primary issue. And for this, he is absolutely a candidate for lamest USMB poster of all-time.

file.php

:eusa_boohoo:

Pogo

Whatever, Pussy. You've been called out and you shrunk like a coward. And like the coward you are, you took another thread from talking about the issue at hand and instead engaged in your typical BS. I invite (challenge) you not to ever participate in my threads if you can't genuinely regard the OP (in ways that aren't trifling). Take the challenge or remain a coward.

Pogo

Whatever, Pussy. You've been called out and you shrunk like a coward. And like the coward you are, you took another thread from talking about the issue at hand and instead engaged in your typical BS. I invite (challenge) you not to ever participate in my threads if you can't genuinely regard the OP (in ways that aren't trifling). Take the challenge or remain a coward.

cryingbabyincrib.jpg

Pogo

cryingbabyincrib.jpg

So, you're content being a troll; got it. You're the biggest joke of all on this board; you love to lecture about proper grammar and logic (according to your whack standards) and somehow proper conduct and standards are not included. You give yourself a pass on everything. Sad for a blowhard such as yourself.

Forum List

Back