Car? Plane?

Boat?

lyndon-johnson-amphicar.jpg

The President, with [White House secretary] Vicky McCammon in the seat alongside him and me in the back, was now driving around in a small blue car with the top down. We reached a steep incline at the edge of the lake and the car started rolling rapidly toward the water. The President shouted, "The brakes donā€™t work! The brakes wonā€™t hold! Weā€™re going in! Weā€™re going under!" The car splashed into the water. I started to get out. Just then the car leveled and I realized we were in a Amphicar. The President laughed. As we putted along the lake then (and throughout the evening), he teased me. "Vicky, did you see what Joe did? He didnā€™t give a damn about his President. He just wanted to save his own skin and get out of the car." Then heā€™d roar.

Boat?

The President, with [White House secretary] Vicky McCammon in the seat alongside him and me in the back, was now driving around in a small blue car with the top down. We reached a steep incline at the edge of the lake and the car started rolling rapidly toward the water. The President shouted, "The brakes donā€™t work! The brakes wonā€™t hold! Weā€™re going in! Weā€™re going under!" The car splashed into the water. I started to get out. Just then the car leveled and I realized we were in a Amphicar. The President laughed. As we putted along the lake then (and throughout the evening), he teased me. "Vicky, did you see what Joe did? He didnā€™t give a damn about his President. He just wanted to save his own skin and get out of the car." Then heā€™d roar.
Cool.

Boat?

Looks more like a picture of Ted Kennedy at Chappaquiddick.

Boat?

Looks more like a picture of Ted Kennedy at Chappaquiddick.
Poor Mary Jo might have survived in a convertible.

Forum List

Back