Case for an increase in taxes

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
At present we have over 80 large fires burning in the Western States. Harvey created a Texas sized disaster on their east coast, and Irma may create an even bigger one should it run the length of Florida, and FEMA is already out of funds.

FEMA Is Almost Out of Money and Hurricane Irma Is Approaching

By
Christopher Flavelle
and
Erik Wasson

With Texas still reeling from Hurricane Harvey and another storm barreling toward Florida, the Federal Emergency Management Agency is expected to run out of money by Friday, according to a Senate aide, putting pressure on Congress to provide more funding this week.

As of 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, FEMA’s Disaster Relief Fund, which pays for the agency’s disaster response and recovery activity, had just $1.01 billion on hand. And of that, just $541 million was "immediately available" for response and recovery efforts related to Hurricane Harvey, according to a spokeswoman for FEMA who asked not to be identified by name.

The $1.01 billion in the fund Tuesday morning is less than half of the $2.14 billion that was there at 9 a.m. last Thursday morning -- a spend rate of $9.3 million every hour, or about $155,000 a minute.

The agency would be out of funds just as Irma, a category 5 hurricane, might start thrashing the coast of Florida.

More: Irma Tops Storm Scale, Florida Preps for Catastrophic System

"If it’s down to $1 billion or less, then I would say there’s a great concern," said Elizabeth Zimmerman, who until January was FEMA’s associate administrator for the office of response and recovery. "Congress needs to take action very quickly."

President Donald Trump’s administration has asked Congress for an injection of almost $8 billion in additional funds.

A huge national debt, and a really serious run of damaging disasters is creating a situation where we could be without funds to help our fellow citizens facing devastating disasters. Do we stick with an ideology at odds with reality, or do we do what is neccessary.

That's OTHER PEOPLE'S taxes right bed wetter?

How about you just write a fucking check?

Look, filthy little cocksuck, I have paid taxes on an income of 100k 11 out of the last 12 years. And paid my taxes every year. But the only way that the government has money is through taxes. And we expect the government to take care of our citizens when the face these types of natural disasters. And, at the same time, we have to rebuild the infrastructure destroyed. Unless, of course, you can get the Chinese to pay for their "Hoax". LOL

Cut govt pensions, travel, seminars, waste, fraud, abuse, foreign aid, parties, events, dinners, staff, obamas travel fund, private planes, frivolous lawsuits etc Let rich public citizens forgo their pensions, you give yours up. Start a movement.

After all that, if they are still a billion short ask Gates, buffet, suckeberg, etc. To split up what is needed.

No more nonsense talk.

Look, filthy little cocksuck, I have paid taxes on an income of 100k 11 out of the last 12 years. And paid my taxes every year. But the only way that the government has money is through taxes. And we expect the government to take care of our citizens when the face these types of natural disasters. And, at the same time, we have to rebuild the infrastructure destroyed. Unless, of course, you can get the Chinese to pay for their "Hoax". LOL
-------------------------------- aw haw haw , looks , sounds , reads like its getting to you OldRocks !!

Hey, numb fuck, your income tax goes to pay interest on "money" borrowed from credit extended from nothing. The tax on your labor does not fund USA.INC

FURTHERMORE, these storms are being artificially created using weather modification programs that have been perfected with ionospheric heaters. I know you believe in your beloved "gubermint" and cling to the idea of a nanny state but you don't have the slightest clue as to what the end game is.

Oh, where is my little tin hat, little tin hat, little tin hat.......................................................................................................................................

At present we have over 80 large fires burning in the Western States. Harvey created a Texas sized disaster on their east coast, and Irma may create an even bigger one should it run the length of Florida, and FEMA is already out of funds.

By
Christopher Flavelle
and
Erik Wasson

With Texas still reeling from Hurricane Harvey and another storm barreling toward Florida, the Federal Emergency Management Agency is expected to run out of money by Friday, according to a Senate aide, putting pressure on Congress to provide more funding this week.

As of 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, FEMA’s Disaster Relief Fund, which pays for the agency’s disaster response and recovery activity, had just $1.01 billion on hand. And of that, just $541 million was "immediately available" for response and recovery efforts related to Hurricane Harvey, according to a spokeswoman for FEMA who asked not to be identified by name.

The $1.01 billion in the fund Tuesday morning is less than half of the $2.14 billion that was there at 9 a.m. last Thursday morning -- a spend rate of $9.3 million every hour, or about $155,000 a minute.

The agency would be out of funds just as Irma, a category 5 hurricane, might start thrashing the coast of Florida.

"If it’s down to $1 billion or less, then I would say there’s a great concern," said Elizabeth Zimmerman, who until January was FEMA’s associate administrator for the office of response and recovery. "Congress needs to take action very quickly."

President Donald Trump’s administration has asked Congress for an injection of almost $8 billion in additional funds.

A huge national debt, and a really serious run of damaging disasters is creating a situation where we could be without funds to help our fellow citizens facing devastating disasters. Do we stick with an ideology at odds with reality, or do we do what is neccessary.

Decreasing tax rates increases tax revenue due to economic growth so your case is bullshit.

Oh, where is my little tin hat, little tin hat, little tin hat.......................................................................................................................................

Yeah, Old Fucks.........you BETTER avoid confronting me lest I kick your ass thoroughly on your own thread. I know exactly of what I speak....you? Not so much.........

By
Christopher Flavelle
and
Erik Wasson

Decreasing tax rates increases tax revenue due to economic growth so your case is bullshit.
LOL. We tried that once already. Didn't work. Kind of like trickle down, but the real name is 'Piss on the Peon'.

By
Christopher Flavelle
and
Erik Wasson

LOL. We tried that once already. Didn't work. Kind of like trickle down, but the real name is 'Piss on the Peon'.

You're a stupid faggot tax revenue went up exponentially under Reagan and GWB until the recession which had nothing to do with tax cuts you dumb fuck.

Federal-Revenue-Tax-Brackets5.png

Now fuck KYS dipshit.

You're a stupid faggot tax revenue went up exponentially under Reagan and GWB until the recession which had nothing to do with tax cuts you dumb fuck.

The maximum tax bracket vs. federal receipts is almost like the maximum tax bracket vs. the price of tea in China. There doesn't appear to be much correlation in your graph, let alone cause-and-effect. Receipts climbed just the same when the top tax bracket stayed the same. Receipts continued to climb every time the top tax bracket was increased. Not a single receipts dive in that graph is related to an increase in the top tax bracket. But, one dive is related to a top tax bracket reduction... even if you want to blow it off as the economy, and not the tax bracket.

I find it perverted that neocons actually consider increased federal receipts to be a selling point of tax cuts. I want less government, not just less taxes.

The graph utterly doesn't support the neocon chant that tax cuts equal increased receipts. The idea that tax cuts equal increased receipts is actually pretty stupid given that the government already tries to tax people at the tax rate for maximum receipts. There's not a single Democrat in all of Congress who wants to raise taxes by penny if it'll reduce receipts by a penny.

Cut govt pensions, travel, seminars, waste, fraud, abuse, foreign aid, parties, events, dinners, staff, obamas travel fund, private planes, frivolous lawsuits etc Let rich public citizens forgo their pensions, you give yours up. Start a movement.

After all that, if they are still a billion short ask Gates, buffet, suckeberg, etc. To split up what is needed.

No more nonsense talk.
Can I get a refund on the War To Find WMDs?

The maximum tax bracket vs. federal receipts is almost like the maximum tax bracket vs. the price of tea in China. There doesn't appear to be much correlation in your graph, let alone cause-and-effect. Receipts climbed just the same when the top tax bracket stayed the same.

Yes they continued to climb when the tax rate remained flat IE no tax increase and upshot even more after the big Bush tax cut, my graph proves conclusively that you dont need to increase taxes to increase tax revenue you just need the economy to grow and tax cuts absolutely stimulate economic growth so put that in your pipe and bite down.

By
Christopher Flavelle
and
Erik Wasson

HOW ABOUT RAISING FUCKIN TAXES IN THESE BLOOD SUCKIN STATES THAT SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF FEDERAL PROGRAMS YEAR AFER YEAR AFTER YEAR THAT HAVE ALL THESE LOW TAX/ NO TAX CORPORATE AND PAYROLL LAWS, LIKE TEXAS, FLORIDA!!

You need to pay more.

Forum List

Back