CDC Taking your DNA off nose swabs??

Recent CDC release says they do DNA on 10% of PCR tests. So where does your DNA information go?

Ummmmph! Jeez, what next? Welcome to the database? Did you read of rape victims in San Francisco, that had rape kits done on them at the hospital after they were attack, having the victim DNA retained and years later used to implicate them in present day crimes? When you are in the system, you are in the system.

Ummmmph! Jeez, what next? Welcome to the database? Did you read of rape victims in San Francisco, that had rape kits done on them at the hospital after they were attack, having the victim DNA retained and years later used to implicate them in present day crimes? When you are in the system, you are in the system.
How does the DNA of a virus relate to a person?

Recent CDC release says they do DNA on 10% of PCR tests. So where does your DNA information go?

CDC says 10% of COVID swabs sent to genome lab, raising privacy questions

In this case, scientists are analyzing the sequencing of the COVID-19 virus for variants like Delta and Omicron. Sequences from collected tests can be compared to help scientists track the spread of a virus, how it is changing, and how those changes may affect public health.

Ascherio says the PCR tests used for genomic sequencing help distinguish common variants of the virus, not human DNA.

How does the DNA of a virus relate to a person?
A nasal swab does not contain only the DNA of a virus if present, just as the vaginal swab from a rape kit does not only collect the DNA of the sperm of the attacker. Some people (conspiracy minded people) are worried DNA is being collect to track and identify the public at large. Examples such as these lend credence. I cannot honestly say I am too excited about it. It is becoming more prevalent, though.

Some people (conspiracy minded people) are worried DNA is being collect to track and identify the public at large. Examples such as these lend credence. I cannot honestly say I am too excited about it. It is becoming more prevalent, though.

How many of these people have sent their DNA to 23 and Me or any of the rest of those companies?

A nasal swab does not contain only the DNA of a virus if present, just as the vaginal swab from a rape kit does not only collect the DNA of the sperm of the attacker. Some people (conspiracy minded people) are worried DNA is being collect to track and identify the public at large. Examples such as these lend credence. I cannot honestly say I am too excited about it. It is becoming more prevalent, though.
So what?

DNA from multiple sources in one sample can be separated out.

Forum List

Back