Chicago violence: NOT President Obama's job or responsibility!

Chicago violence: NOT President Obama's job or responsibility!

Perhaps it would be useful for the OP to define what IS Obama's job or responsibility....

Anyone?

OK. Obama should send $100,000,000 to the Chicago Police Department. Hire more cops, start at 50K a year, and hire them on a 5 year contract. That means you'll get 400 more cops for 5 years. Flood the ghettos. End the violence.

You ok with federal tax dollars going to pay for more cops? Because the last 2 years I 've been told the federal government has NO BUSINESS sending money to local PD's, that the Constitution doesnt allow for it, and I was a "commie" for suggesting it.

So, what should Obama do? Flood Chicago PD with more money? Declare martial law and send the Army in?

There is my idea. Hell, make it an even billion dollars. Then they can make it 4,000 more cops. They can literally lockdown the entire city with that. Crime will vanish.

Sound crazy? Well, I bet we've spent that much training the damn Iraq and Afghan cops, to protect foreign streets. Why are our tax dollars good enough to spend on cops across the world, but not for our own streets?????????????????

Perhaps you didn't get my hint in my earlier post, but you bring up a nice point: Obama could resign, and return to Chicago to be a Community Organizer, and not need to spend any additional funds.

:clap2:

Actually what the right is saying is Obama's town of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and yet has some of if not the worst gun violence in the nation. So that in turn brings the question to President Obama how will bringing in stricter gun laws on a national level decrease gun violence when it has failed to do so in a city that has some of the strictest in the country?

SO DUMB! They SHOULD have a 5 year mandatory sentence for carrying an illegal gun like NYC, but short of that the problem is truckloads of guns coming in from Red states and gunshows. So any background check law Obama passes will do more than anyone so far for Chicago...

Right, there are already laws against gun running and straw pruchases, how are they working for ya? I know, I know, if we only had another law, right?

Actually what the right is saying is Obama's town of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and yet has some of if not the worst gun violence in the nation. So that in turn brings the question to President Obama how will bringing in stricter gun laws on a national level decrease gun violence when it has failed to do so in a city that has some of the strictest in the country?

SO DUMB! They SHOULD have a 5 year mandatory sentence for carrying an illegal gun like NYC, but short of that the problem is truckloads of guns coming in from Red states and gunshows. So any background check law Obama passes will do more than anyone so far for Chicago...
And I'm sure the lawmakers are gonna listen to you.

Forum List

Back