🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Chinese are at it again..

Hacked.into our Defense Network.and stole blueprints to top secret weapons systems....just saw it on ABC World News Tonight.

Why are we doing business with these fuckers again?

EDIT: correction, it wasn't DOD servers that were hit....it was defense contractors.

Major U.S. Weapons Compromised By Chinese Hackers, Report Warns - ABC News

Don't bite the hand that feeds you...

You're damned right....we ought to pull all of our business interests out of that country.

Steel, this is one of the more sensible things I've seen you post. It only serves to illustrate why we shouldn't have such information on a server. Store those specs in a hard drive, and disconnect. Access them only on PCs with no connection to the internet via ad-hoc (computer to computer) protocols.

You're damned right....we ought to pull all of our business interests out of that country. ---- Steelplate

Steel, this is one of the more sensible things I've seen you post. It only serves to illustrate why we shouldn't have such information on a server. Store those specs in a hard drive, and disconnect. Access them only on PCs with no connection to the internet via ad-hoc (computer to computer) protocols.

Do a sort of "synchronize watches" process, where the information is available to online users by arrangement?

My opinion is some "hacking" is cover for information sold to the highest bidder. No question there was hacking, but the reality is not all hacking is equal. Algorithms can be seeded with specific information is my point. In particular dealing with Chinese and defense issues one imagines anyone with relevant access info is being watched.

Oh, wait a minute - move along, nothing to see here!
This is fair play, free markets at work if corporations are doing it.

Sorry.
I forgot.

Last edited:
You're damned right....we ought to pull all of our business interests out of that country. ---- Steelplate

Do a sort of "synchronize watches" process, where the information is available to online users by arrangement?

My opinion is some "hacking" is cover for information sold to the highest bidder. No question there was hacking, but the reality is not all hacking is equal. Algorithms can be seeded with specific information is my point. In particular dealing with Chinese and defense issues one imagines anyone with relevant access info is being watched.

Sorry.
I forgot.

WTF are you mumbling about?

If nothing else this *should* serve as a wake up call that our cyber security, in this country, is decrepit.

You can choose to make light of our inferiority to the rest of the world (as a tool to use to take your cheap shots at the evil corporations) if you want to.
Meanwhile the rest of us will try to figure out better ways to block the fuckers.
:eusa_hand:

America's enemies have targeted its cyber vulnerabilities - UPI.com

https://csis.org/blog/iranian-cyber-army

Sorry.
I forgot.

If nothing else this *should* serve as a wake up call that our cyber security, in this country, is decrepit.

You can choose to make light of our inferiority to the rest of the world (as a tool to use to take your cheap shots at the evil corporations) if you want to.
Meanwhile the rest of us will try to figure out better ways to block the fuckers.

I know the perfect way....make the fuckers rice farmers again. We don't need 'em.

Sorry.
I forgot.

I know the perfect way....make the fuckers rice farmers again. We don't need 'em.

As long as China sticks that tit out, Uncle Sam will suck on it

Sorry.
I forgot.

Sure you will.

Unplug is one answer.

Think that's going to happen?

Me either. Multinationals know no flag.

US cybersecurity is the best there is. When the enemy is inside the wire the plan has failed.
Unless that is the plan. How much of the plan does anyone posting here know?

Uncle Sam and how many American corporations that have gotten filthy rich with sweatshop labor while the workforce here at home gets food stamps, even though they're working their asses off?

Replace:
"Tit" with "dick"
and
"Uncle Sam" with "Obama"

Who here really thinks the future of US economic growth lies in making t-shirts, sewing sneakers, or producing the most expensive electronics in the world that no one in the rest of the world will buy?

Time to come out from under the couch and start moving forward instead of longing for the days of the booming buggy whip industry.

And if we're getting hacked, we've got to become better and more ruthlessly aggressive at it ourselves. Use the same approach that prevents countries - any countries - from having the balls to roll up on our beaches and take on our military no matter how pissed they may be with us. We have the same capability to do so cybernetically as we do militarily, and for the same reasons.

It only serves to illustrate why we shouldn't have such information on a server. Store those specs in a hard drive, and disconnect. Access them only on PCs with no connection to the internet via ad-hoc (computer to computer) protocols.
Lol what? Do you seriously think some guy designs and works on an F-35 in his garage on his IBM pc? Modern weapon systems are a huge collaborative effort, grinding production to a halt by pretending we're in 1988 walking around exchanging data with floppy disks isn't the answer.

Why not take it a step further and just keep them on paper?

Hacked.into our Defense Network.and stole blueprints to top secret weapons systems....just saw it on ABC World News Tonight.

Why are we doing business with these fuckers again?

EDIT: correction, it wasn't DOD servers that were hit....it was defense contractors.

Major U.S. Weapons Compromised By Chinese Hackers, Report Warns - ABC News

because our corporate masters tell us we have to...

Yeah, yeah, the Communist Party meeting is next door. Move along, Karl. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back