Christie locks up Dem 2016 nomination: Taxes up 13% in NJ

The reason property taxes went up was because Christie slashed state spending like a good Republican. This shifted the burden to the local level through property taxes
But Christie will tell you he froze property tax increases at 3.2%. What the typical two-faced Republican doesn't tell you is he only froze the tax rate. allowing tax assessments to double or triple. Thus the 13% increase in property taxes!

I don't know another Democrat candidate who has Christie record for tax increases; not Biden, Hillary or Michelle. I think he can glide on his record as Governor to the Dem Convention in Nairobi or wherever they'll hold it to honor Obama

"TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - An analysis by The Associated Press has found the net household property tax burden rose 13% in Gov. Chris Christie's first three years in office."

Property tax burden up 13 pct under Christie - My9 New Jersey

Unfair attack! The governor can do little about property taxes. The assessor of the county/city does it. Their is no vote, no rationale provided and ZERO accountability. The Gov is powerless on it!

Take about income, corp or capital gains tax increases that he has veto powers on fine, but property taxes are out of his control!

The reason property taxes went up was because Christie slashed state spending like a good Republican. This shifted the burden to the local level through property taxes

Jezus you are clueless. Property taxes would have gone up regardless of that. Christie guy spending a ton! Just like in IL, they raised corp and income taxes (corp to 2nd highest in country and income to the HIGHEST on the middle class) and property taxes still skyrocketed.

Property taxes go up to pay for the highway robbery teacher pension plans and for the broken education system!

Forum List

Back