Christie: Obama "extraordinary"

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Chris Christie Calls For Bipartisanship In Washington Speech

John Celock
01/31/2013

<snip>

Christie continued his attacks on congressional Republicans for stalling federal aid after Sandy. The congressional response penalized the state for being "too good" in its preparation for the storm and evacuating people, he said.

Some members of Congress said there were too few deaths for the vast damage, he said.

Christie continued praising President Barack Obama's response to the storm. He called the president's work "extraordinary" and noted that Obama put aside partisan politics to work with Chrstie, who had been a top surrogate speaker for Mitt Romney during last year's campaign. Christie began praising Obama in the days before the hurricane in October and has continued.

“The president stood up for this region when it needed to be stood up for," Christie said. "He put aside partisan politics.”

LOl, Christy continued PRAISING and praising and praising OBAMA..

big deal, are we suppose to be impressed or what?

from the hufferpost of course

Last edited:
I wasn't real happy about the Republicans last two choices.
Can Christie get support from the around the country...

I think so.

I have a feeling that the big man is going to change parties.

Maybe, But I think he is just trying to position himself as the Anti Right wing, Republican Candidate in 2016.

you mean a candidate that might actually win..... Don't worry the Republican Party will mess it up just like the did numerous Senate candidates in the last 4 years. The former GOP has degenerated into a joke...

Maybe, But I think he is just trying to position himself as the Anti Right wing, Republican Candidate in 2016.

you mean a candidate that might actually win..... Don't worry the Republican Party will mess it up just like the did numerous Senate candidates in the last 4 years. The former GOP has degenerated into a joke...

Not going to argue with you on that one. Though I think the Dem Party is a joke as well.

I never cared for Christy before and don't care about him now

wouldn't vote for him

I'm going with this one as well. good call

Except that strategy hasn't been successful for years. Do you think the right wing is ready to welcome back the "RINO's"?

Heck most of us have left the party. If anything he might be third party candidate which given the rise of the independents might be a reasonable strategy. I am not sure the indepedent percentage of the electorate but it is fairly high by historical standards I believe.

I'm going with this one as well. good call

Except that strategy hasn't been successful for years. Do you think the right wing is ready to welcome back the "RINO's"?

Heck most of us have left the party. If anything he might be third party candidate which given the rise of the independents might be a reasonable strategy. I am not sure the indepedent percentage of the electorate but it is fairly high by historical standards I believe.
I think the American people would welcome a RINO and/or a 3rd party candidate in 2016.

Well, if they continue to do as they have done in the 2012 election cycle, they certainly will not win many elections. When you offend over 50% of the electorate, you chances of winning elections are pretty damned slim. And the GOP certainly did that in 2012. And the hard liners are determined to double down on that.

Imagine Christie... The one who liberals on this board hated and berated because he was a republican... Now that he gives Obama his due... He's a good guy. Yeah, republicans can set aside partisan politics. Too bad the assholes on this board can't.

I don't think Christie has any master strategy. I just think he's a loudmouth incompetent.

Ya know, Christie calls it like he sees it. And the GOP completely abandoned his state. I disagree with many of Christie's viewpoints, but he is the one Republican that is willing to call it like it is, rather than acting as a lapdog to the Teabagger fruitloops.

Ya know, Christie calls it like he sees it. And the GOP completely abandoned his state. I disagree with many of Christie's viewpoints, but he is the one Republican that is willing to call it like it is, rather than acting as a lapdog to the Teabagger fruitloops.

yeah yeah sure..and before that you people here were calling him a loudmouth fat tub of lard because he spoke against your Dear Leader, but now he is a hero because he speaks out against the Republicans..all hypocrites

Last edited:

yeah yeah sure..and before that you people here were calling him a loudmouth fat tub of lard because he spoke against your Dear Leader, but now he is a hero because he speaks out against the Republicans..all hypocrites

Stephanie isn't this actually a good thing? Isn't this what we want in America? People saying "yeah, he's a_insert party here_ but he's not that bad" versus people writing them off immediately simply because they are a Republican/Democrat? I see it as a bonus for Christie that he appeals to democrats (well some)

Forum List

Back