Climate alarmist caught in "science" scandal

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
This is what it's all about, the money, these "scientists" take millions for BS data. Lock this thief up for bilking the taxpayer

CLIMATE ALARMIST CAUGHT IN ‘LARGEST SCIENCE SCANDAL IN U.S. HISTORY’

The plan by climate alarmists to have other scientists imprisoned for their ‘global warming’ skepticism is backfiring horribly, and the chief alarmist is now facing a House investigation into what has been called “the largest science scandal in US history.”

Smith has two main areas of concern.

First, the apparent engagement by the institute in “partisan political activity” – which, as a non-profit,it is forbidden by law from doing.

Second, what precisely has the IGES institute done with the $63 million in taxpayer grants which it has received since 2001 and which appears to have resulted in remarkably little published research?

For example, as Watts Up With That? notes, a $4.2 million grant from the National Science Foundation to one of the institute’s offshoots appears to have resulted in just one published paper.

But the amount which has gone into the pockets of Shukla and his cronies runs into the many hundreds of thousands of dollars. In 2013 and 2014, for example, Shukla and his wife enjoyed a combined income in excess of $800,000 a year.

Steve McIntyre, the investigator who shattered Michael Mann’s global-warming ‘Hockey Stick’ claim, has done a detailed breakdown of the sums involved. He calls it Shukla’s Gold.

In 2001, the earliest year thus far publicly available, in 2001, in addition to his university salary (not yet available, but presumably about $125,000), Shukla and his wife received a further $214,496 in compensation from IGES (Shukla -$128,796; Anne Shukla – $85,700). Their combined compensation from IGES doubled over the next two years to approximately $400,000 (additional to Shukla’s university salary of say $130,000), for combined compensation of about $530,000 by 2004.

Shukla’s university salary increased dramatically over the decade reaching $250,866 by 2013 and $314,000 by 2014. (In this latter year, Shukla was paid much more than Ed Wegman, a George Mason professor of similar seniority). Meanwhile, despite the apparent transition of IGES to George Mason, the income of the Shuklas from IGES continued to increase, reaching $547,000 by 2013. Combined with Shukla’s university salary, the total compensation of Shukla and his wife exceeded $800,000 in both 2013 and 2014. In addition, as noted above, Shukla’s daughter continued to be employed by IGES in 2014; IGES also distributed $100,000 from its climate grant revenue to support an educational charity in India which Shukla had founded.

The story began last month when, as we reported at Breitbart, twenty alarmist scientists – led by Shukla – wrote a letter to President Obama urging him to use RICO laws to crush climate skeptics.

Shukla’s second big mistake was to send the letter not from his university address but from his non-profit, the IGES.

Climate Alarmist 'Largest Science Scandal in U.S. History'

I would bet nothing is done about this fraud, but then we all know their motto is; "the ends justify the means."

I'm all for pollution of air, water, and land, also I agree with using up every natural resource, and who gives a rat for the next generations.

For those who deny the concept of "global warming" , that is what your saying.

Its so lame to deny this, just so consumerism and pollution can continue. I have nothing against progress, but we need to quit destroying our earth.

I'm all for pollution of air, water, and land, also I agree with using up every natural resource, and who gives a rat for the next generations.

Its so lame to deny this, just so consumerism and pollution can continue. I have nothing against progress, but we need to quit destroying our earth.

The thread is about some fraud using this garbage to get rich

The thread is about some fraud using this garbage to get rich
i cant wait till winter and then lets see them explain the 5 months of global warming.

and has anyone taken notice that Al Gore hasnt said much of anything since the winters of 2010. hmm, maybe he swallowed a cat?

and has anyone taken notice that Al Gore hasnt said much of anything since the winters of 2010. hmm, maybe he swallowed a cat?
yet at the same time Jerry Brown blames every weather event, fire, earthquake on climate change,,even the fires started by teens, illegal aliens and lightning.

yet at the same time Jerry Brown blames every weather event, fire, earthquake on climate change,,even the fires started by teens, illegal aliens and lightning.

well the people are majority Mexicans I believe. half of them Illegals. so he can spew whatever the hell he wants and they won't care. He's a commie freak from the 60's. How he got put in again and again should be suspect

Can wacko wingers not deflect...for once ?

meh

nobody cares sweetie. Can post up any number of polls by request!!!:bye1:

meh

nobody cares sweetie. Can post up any number of polls by request!!!:bye1:

I care, but ignorance is bliss, from what I understand.:dig:

all the climate data is rigged....they'd have dick if they didn't.:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
Who else DEMANDS prison for researchers that won't agree???

And they call this SCIENCE???
US college professor demands imprisonment for climate-change deniers

Progressive k00ks who are losing huge!!!:coffee:That's who!!!:funnyface::funnyface:

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/pew-report-climate-change.jpg.html'][/URL]

Am I loving the ignorance!!!??????

Most definitely yes!!!!:boobies::boobies::bye1:

Really , shows what the general public knows. They know the headlines. If you see what the funding of the Pew Review is concerned about now days, its the pollution and preservation of the earth. The funding is imp.

The Pew Charitable Trusts

Current concerns[edit]

The Trusts' public policy areas include the environment, state policy, economic policy and health and human services.

Pew's environmental portfolio is designed to help meet what they view as one of the seminal challenges of our time: saving the natural environment and protecting the rich array of life it supports.[11]

The aim is to strengthen environmental policies and practices in ways that produce significant and measurable protection for terrestrial and marine systems worldwide. In doing so, Pew works to advance scientific understanding of the causes and consequences of environmental problems, design innovative policy solutions to these problems and mobilize public support for their implementation.

Efforts are focused on reducing the scope and severity of three major global environmental problems:

1. Destruction of the world's oceans, with a particular emphasis on marine fisheries.
  2. The loss of large wilderness ecosystems that contain a great part of the world's remaining biodiversity.
  3. Changes to the Earth's physical and biological systems linked to the buildup of greenhouse gases that are altering the world's climate.
The Trusts also funds the Pew Research Center, the third-largest think tank in Washington, D.C., after the Brookings Institution and the Center for American Progress.

The Pew Charitable Trusts

Current concerns[edit]

The Trusts' public policy areas include the environment, state policy, economic policy and health and human services.

Pew's environmental portfolio is designed to help meet what they view as one of the seminal challenges of our time: saving the natural environment and protecting the rich array of life it supports.[11]

The aim is to strengthen environmental policies and practices in ways that produce significant and measurable protection for terrestrial and marine systems worldwide. In doing so, Pew works to advance scientific understanding of the causes and consequences of environmental problems, design innovative policy solutions to these problems and mobilize public support for their implementation.

Efforts are focused on reducing the scope and severity of three major global environmental problems:

1. Destruction of the world's oceans, with a particular emphasis on marine fisheries.
  2. The loss of large wilderness ecosystems that contain a great part of the world's remaining biodiversity.
  3. Changes to the Earth's physical and biological systems linked to the buildup of greenhouse gases that are altering the world's climate.
The Trusts also funds the Pew Research Center, the third-largest think tank in Washington, D.C., after the Brookings Institution and the Center for American Progress.

FAIL honey................nobody cares about global warming in 2015.............

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Assholes.jpg.html][/URL]

Really.......who needs a poll? What significant climate legislation has happened since 2007? Exactly none.......the only thing the AGW k00ks can hang their hats on is light bulb legislation!!

Forum List

Back