Congressional approval polls

natstew

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2010
The only way to accurately reflect the Congressional approval is to take a poll in each of the 435 Congressional Districts on the approval/disapproval of the Representative of that District, add them together, and divide by 435. That will give you the rating of the House of
Representatives. On the same poll, different question, ask how they rate the Senators from their State, individually. Add those answers together and divide by 100, (number of Senators in Congress). That will give you the rating of the Senate. Add the ratings of the House Of Representatives and Senate together and that will give you the rating of CONGRESS.

The way they do it now gives a misleading rating and the, "pile on" effect makes it appear even lower.

Last edited:
That won't give an accurate reading of how the country as a whole rates Congress' performance, because people typically give their own congressperson high points.

That won't give an accurate reading of how the country as a whole rates Congress' performance, because people typically give their own congressperson high points.

No more so than they give their own President high points.
Congressmen are elected in their Districts, just like the President is elected in his District, his District just happens to encompass the whole United States.

because people typically give their own congressperson high points.

And they give Congresspeople not their own, low marks, which greatly outnumbers their own!

Also, I don't know about others, but I never give a Democrat high marks, whether from my District or not!

Congressmen are elected in their Districts, just like the President is elected in his District, his District just happens to encompass the whole United States.

And they give Congresspeople not their own, low marks, which greatly outnumbers their own!

Also, I don't know about others, but I never give a Democrat high marks, whether from my District or not!

So, by your own admission, the poll results would be worthless because partisan hacks like you would give low marks to members of congress based upon their political affiliation rather than their job performance.

Thanks for playing.

/thread

I think the rating is pretty simple. Take 535 times 100, then subtract one zero, then divide by 535. That should be pretty close.

So, by your own admission, the poll results would be worthless because partisan hacks like you would give low marks to members of congress based upon their political affiliation rather than their job performance.

Thanks for playing.

/thread

If they're a Democrat, they are idiots by default!! Any human being with an IQ over two digits knows that!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back