Consumer news from China/India/Pakistan

dannyboys

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2013
I recently had dinner with a delegation of businessmen/women who travelled to the above countries on a 'fact-finding' tour. They were hosted by the equivalent of the local Chamber of Commerce/s in a number of cities.
Read this carefully then admit Donald Trump is a fucking genious!!!!
The number one takeaway is that there is just starting a soon to be exploding demand for 'all things made in the USA'.
The exploding middle class AKA newly wealthy in developing countries want to shop in stores were only 'Western' made products are sold.
These products range from literally any clothing to even bars of soap!
You name it.
One businesswoman, who has a small handmade soap making business in Colorado was approached by a store owner in Mardan. He is opening a 'Western products only' store to cater to the more affluent in the city.
He placed an order for ten thousand bars of soap! He wrote her a cheque for the entire order! He owns many businesses in Pakistan. He told the group the demand for 'Western' products is going to be practically insatiable within a couple of years.
As Trump keeps telling people: "Made in the USA! is going to be the most sought after label in the world again.
Once again Trump shows his genius for making businesses profit.
Or could it be that he employees some of the brightest people in the world to advise him on what's really going on in the world.
I can picture one of his employees telling him about what the employee saw the last time she was visiting Mardan.

Last edited:
What has Trump to do with that? Just asking.
Trump has proven himself to be ahead of the curve when it comes to predicting global business trends for decades.
He's been telling Americans for a year and a half that he and his government will get people back to work making products in the USA and selling them to developing countries.
The businesswoman from Colorado is pleased to have a businessman in the White house instead of a sniveling little coward who never employed anyone in his life for more than 15 minutes behind a fucking truck stop.

I hope, Europe will learn its lesson from Trump´s policies. My region (Bergisches Land) is particularly affected by loss of industry.

I hope, Europe will learn its lesson from Trump´s policies. My region (Bergisches Land) is particularly affected by loss of industry.
You are worse off than us as the key to attracting industry is an abundance of cheap power....Europe realized this long ago and regulated it out of reach.....

The number one thing people with money want is to buy 'quality' wherever in the world they live.
They'll pay ten times more for a pair of jeans stitched with quality thread than for a cheap knock-off made in India using the cheapest materials available. The poor will always buy cheap crap b/c they have no choice but the more affluent want to be seen in quality clothes.
Just as there will always be a demand for Ferraris.

You are worse off than us as the key to attracting industry is an abundance of cheap power....Europe realized this long ago and regulated it out of reach.....
Germany is still a good place for industry. It is just not recognized. Profits in China and other low wage countries are not long term as purchasing power does not fall from the skies and China will be able to produce alone what is produced in China now.

Germany is still a good place for industry. It is just not recognized. Profits in China and other low wage countries are not long term as purchasing power does not fall from the skies and China will be able to produce alone what is produced in China now.
I am truly concerned for you all...you need to start down the path of change there....follow our model.....

The number one thing people with money want is to buy 'quality' wherever in the world they live.
They'll pay ten times more for a pair of jeans stitched with quality thread than for a cheap knock-off made in India using the cheapest materials available. The poor will always buy cheap crap b/c they have no choice but the more affluent want to be seen in quality clothes.
Yeah but the "quality" clothes makers get her materials from the same underage Sumangali girls as the cheap clothes makers.

kinderarbeit_sumangali.jpg

The factories are heavily secured as this is illegal in India but somehow tolerated.

Last edited:
The next time a wealthy Chinese businessman buys a case of 'Made In China' red wine will be the next time Obama's herd of pink unicorns is sighted in the Rose garden. Before the developing Asian countries economies began to boom winemakers in France were having a tough time selling their best wines abroad.

Partly because of the hordes of Muslims over running Europe.

Yeah but the "quality" clothes makers get her materials from the same underage Sumangali girls as the cheap clothes makers.

The factories are heavily fortified as this is illegal in India but somehow tolerated.
Children are used to make up,p for some other oppressive regulation....focus on the oppressors, and the children will be set free....

The factories are heavily fortified as this is illegal in India but somehow tolerated.
You watch. The number of mills making clothing materials in the US is starting to grow.
A pair of jeans made 100% in the USA will sell in China for hundreds of US dollars.
What many people don't comprehend is people with 'real money' will pay virtually any amount of money to have the very best. No matter what part of the world they live in.
Every new millionaire in Asia want's to buy a Mercedes or a Lexus etc. This growing demand for quality products is the new wealth tsunami.
Trump as usual was a couple of years ahead of the curve. Thank GOD he's going to be the President!
I have an old Maserati. It's in pristine condition. It's worth now more, with inflation/etc factored in than what it sold for new.
It's worth tens times more easily.
Quality quality quality.
Everytime I park it when I come back to the car someone's put a business card under the wiper blade asking if I'll sell it to them.

You watch. The number of mills making clothing materials in the US is starting to grow.
A pair of jeans made 100% in the USA will sell in China for hundreds of US dollars.
What many people don't comprehend is people with 'real money' will pay virtually any amount of money to have the very best. No matter what part of the world they live in.
Every new millionaire in Asia want's to buy a Mercedes or a Lexus etc. This growing demand for quality products is the new wealth tsunami.
Trump as usual was a couple of years ahead of the curve. Thank GOD he's going to be the President!
I have an old Maserati. It's in pristine condition. It's worth now more, with inflation/etc factored in than what it sold for new.
It's worth tens times more easily.
Quality quality quality.
Everytime I park it when I come back to the car someone's put a business card under the wiper blade asking if I'll sell it to them.
But that´s collector´s value, sentimental value. However, sure, the rich buy only what´s expensive.

Forum List

Back