CPAC Presidential Straw Poll Picks Guy Who Thinks Whites-Only Lunch Counters Should B

Read it again. Seriously. It's an honest accounting of Paul's views. I read it and thought "Yeah, that sounds about right. I might consider voting for him." I have other reservations about Paul, but the article wasn't a smear. Many will, no doubt, assume his views are motivated by racism rather than principle, but I don't think that's the fault of the OP.

Paul isn’t ‘racist,’ he’s simply ignorant and naïve, as are most libertarians; indeed, libertarianism is in essence utopian political dogma.

It’s naïve and inane, for example, to think that if public accommodations laws were eliminated, and businesses allowed to discriminate based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, ‘decent’ society would ‘shun’ such practices and those businesses would either go under or stop discriminating, free from government ‘coercion.’

Needless to say nothing could be further from the truth, as businesses that discriminate would continue to thrive.

And as with most libertarians, Paul is a reactionary, fearful of change, in a pathetic search for an idealized American past that never actually existed to begin with.

I think you're the naive one here.
Do you honestly think if gov't eliminated racial laws then suddenly everyone would revert to a 1950s mindset? Hotels would bar Jews and blacks. Restaurants would be white only?
That's absurd and without foundation. Society has changed considerably. I tell 18 and 19yr old kids sometimes, You know in this very city it was illegal for blacks to drink out of White Only water fountains and they think I'm talking about Mars.
Busineses do not thrive by turning away customers Business is far more competitive today than it was 50 years ago. They would go under in many circumstances if they started posting No Blacks signs.

Paul is not fearful of change. Paul wants change. It is you who cling to an outmoded past.

You know, I think they do get it. They know this isn't about racism. They know it's a rejection of the power of the state to dictate our personal decisions - and that is what the statists are loathe to let go of. It's the premise behind their ambitions to control society more generally, from health care, to education, to family finances - the acceptance of the idea that the state can, and should, tell us how to live and what to think is fundamental to their ideal conception of government.

Paul isn’t ‘racist,’ he’s simply ignorant and naïve, as are most libertarians; indeed, libertarianism is in essence utopian political dogma.

It’s naïve and inane, for example, to think that if public accommodations laws were eliminated, and businesses allowed to discriminate based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, ‘decent’ society would ‘shun’ such practices and those businesses would either go under or stop discriminating, free from government ‘coercion.’

Needless to say nothing could be further from the truth, as businesses that discriminate would continue to thrive.

And as with most libertarians, Paul is a reactionary, fearful of change, in a pathetic search for an idealized American past that never actually existed to begin with.

Do you honestly think if gov't eliminated racial laws then suddenly everyone would revert to a 1950s mindset? Hotels would bar Jews and blacks. Restaurants would be white only?
That's absurd and without foundation. Society has changed considerably. I tell 18 and 19yr old kids sometimes, You know in this very city it was illegal for blacks to drink out of White Only water fountains and they think I'm talking about Mars.
Busineses do not thrive by turning away customers Business is far more competitive today than it was 50 years ago. They would go under in many circumstances if they started posting No Blacks signs.

Paul is not fearful of change. Paul wants change. It is you who cling to an outmoded past.

You know, I think they do get it. They know this isn't about racism. They know it's a rejection of the power of the state to dictate our personal decisions - and that is what the statists are loathe to let go of. It's the premise behind their ambitions to control society more generally, from health care, to education, to family finances - the acceptance of the idea that the state can, and should, tell us how to live and what to think is fundamental to their ideal conception of government.

No it's about racism.

And the United States Constitution is about as "Statist" a document has you can have.

You guys really should know the material.

No it's about racism.

And the United States Constitution is about as "Statist" a document has you can have.

Good answer, good answer!

No it's about racism.

Good answer, good answer!

Whew.

I was worried that the post would not get dblack's official stamp of approval.

:D

So what place in the straw poll did Putin finish? Oh, I bet the Rand backers arranged for Putin to be left out, because they knew Putin would win.

Conservatives, good luck with the whole "JIM CROW IS FREEDOM!" thing. We'd appreciate it if you'd shout that opinion even louder.

Jim Crow was legally enforced discrimination, nitwit. It was sort of like Affirmative Action for white people, if that helps you understand.

No it's about racism.

Nuh uhn!

This thread is a perfect example of liberal horseshit. Not a word of truth in it. full of libtardian lies and innuendo.

Paul is for FREEDOM for everyone. EQUAL freedom for everyone.

What you assholes refuse to understand is that there is a price for real freedom. The price is that you are responsible for your actions, you are responsible to take care of yourself (unless you are truly mentally or physically unable).

The free cheese may be ending for you leeches, the american people are fed up with you.

One of your democrat heroes said it quite well "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" JFK understood freedom, obozo and most of you do not.

on what planet does your brain live?

they cant win without the racist vote.

they cant win with the racist vote.

same thing as saying they cant win without the tea party vote and cant win with it.

that is why they cheat in elections

:clap2:

My kids would be on the front line of people protesting the coffee shop of some bigot who wouldn't serve blacks, and I'd be there with them. That place would be gone soon.

The Left somehow thinks that without Our Great & Glorious Leaders In Central Planning to take care of us, we'd disintegrate on the spot, into a little puddle on the sidewalk. They don't have much faith in people outside of the government.

I believe there would be people protesting and in many places such an establishment would fold.

But there are some places in America where that business would thrive.

There are places in America where a business could hang up a big sign outside that says, "We don't want your black ass in here nigg_r" and there are peckerwoods who would drive 20 miles out of their way to patronize that business. And it would survive.

Forum List

Back