'Creative dog grooming' ethicacy

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Poodle-Art-Grooming-4.jpg

Poodle-Art-Grooming-8.jpg

Poodle-Art-Grooming-9.jpg

My concern about this is the time it takes to do the more elaborate designs. I'll set aside the obvious insanity of the owners/groomers and limit my concern to the poor animals restrained for dozens of hours to turn them into these...Things.

I don't think it needs to be banned, but I think setting some 'animal cruelty' regulations are a sensible idea limiting how long a groomer/designer can restrain an animal for any recreational (as opposed to real necessary grooming) so animals aren't being subjugated to the owners mental illness for 8 hours at a stretch or something.

What say you?

A law on how long you can spend grooming your dog...? Slow night, eh?

Wanna be bound so you can't move for several hours while some crazy person shaves your head, dyes your skin, and makes you look like a skinny gorilla or something?

Fuck off.

ahh no one is hurting the dogs....the cut takes about an hour......that is the standard poodle show cut...a good air brush artist can do this in a short time....

s for whether these grooming procedures constitute cruelty to animals: Nathan insists that groomers work to keep their pets happy and comfortable. The non-toxic dyes are applied in different stages over the course of a few days, in sessions of up to three hours. "As with child stars, some are just born with patience and the will to please that help them deal with the long process involved in creating a creative grooming piece," Nathan says in a recent interview with Feature Shoot.The child beauty pageant analogy is apt—indeed, this deranged culture already has its own high-drama reality show, Animal Planet's Groomer Has It.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3027906/exposure/the-deeply-weird-world-of-extreme-dog-grooming

Questioning the "ethicacy" of asking a dog to stand still for a while? Somebody needs to calm down. No dogs were harmed during the making of these hairdos.

you can't look at those dogs and think that there isn't something wrong with our species, though.

Kids seem to enjoy face painting, but those dogs look ridiculous. I know my dogs would get embarrassed, but I don't own a poodle. Maybe they are different. I think it's one thing to decorate yourself, but another thing entirely to do this to your pet.

My big hound dog would put his mouth around my wrist if I tried to do this to him to gently tell me to knock that shit off.

We don't own no foofy dogs.

While I agree that forced immobility can be cruel, we can't afford to spend the time on this issue, as our police are already overtaxed trying to maintain order for the well being of humans.

Let's revisit this issue when our budgets our balanced.

I don't own any foofy dogs either but I have a sheepdog that cooperates with necessary lengthy grooming. Many dogs seem to enjoy simply hanging out with their people, even if it's to have their hair done. I give dogs credit for some brains but have a very hard time believing that a dog can be "embarrassed" by his appearance.

I don't own any foofy dogs either but I have a sheepdog that cooperates with necessary lengthy grooming. Many dogs seem to enjoy simply hanging out with their people, even if it's to have their hair done. I give dogs credit for some brains but have a very hard time believing that a dog can be "embarrassed" by his appearance.

Grooming and preening is basic animal behavior.

I can believe that dogs can understand that the extensive grooming is an oddity of their dominate "pack mates" and tolerate it.

Those are Standard Poodles. They are incredibly patient and well trained. You can tell by how they are stacking (standing for show) in those pictures.Those traits are bred into them. As the post earlier noted, it is done in stages.The groomer doesn't want to stand there for hours on end either. It's not like they can't move at all. In high school I had a job washing those dogs prior to grooming (Poodle Fluffing). We never worked with any that couldn't handle it. A lot of times you can tell when the dog needs a break. They get antsy.

I know my dogs would get embarrassed, but I don't own a poodle. Maybe they are different.

Standard Poodles already think they are "hot shit." Give them some extra grooming and their heads explode.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back