Cruz and Bush donors switch to Hillary. Cruz was anti establishment eh? Bwahahahahahahaha!

It's not that complicated. Trump would be a terrible president, and would screw up trade agreements before the first week was over. The rich guys are donating to stop Trump from flushing the entire country down the toilet more than they are to help any particular candidate.
You really are a dumbass, aren't you?

How is Cruz or any other candidate supposed to control who donors give money to?
That's not the point. If Hillary is their second choice, there must be something that Cruz and Hillary were both willing to do for them that Trump is against.

How about listen to reason?
Their reason? The corporate billionaires who want to have the president in their back pocket? You may have a point there.

Sadly S.J. It's more than that.
It's one thing to be independent, and another thing to be able to work with all people to construct and lead good business plans.

Have you ever tried working with a manager who constantly put down, insulted, degraded and undermined
other managers needed to do the work of the company?

The other candidates were GENTLEMEN compared with how Trump was backstabbing his own constituents.
How can you TRUST anyone who would do that to get ahead?
The other candidates were trying to CORRECT the problems in the right way.
Look at how conservatives CORRECTED Ted Nugent when he publicly degraded the President
with a poor choice of words, and they rebuked him to stick to the PRINCIPLES and PROBLEMS instead of attacking the PERSON.

Even Hillary is trying to be more diplomatic and Presidential.

Too bad S.J. I also support the idea of TRUMP leading independent teams to fix the problems with govt and economy.

But because of his lack of check on his own ego, he has turned too many people against him.
He would have been good if he LISTENED to his own peers first, and got them on board so he could
take on the opposition as well and get them on board with solid business plans.

But at the rate Trump is playing the media for points,
I am thinking Hillary can still beat him.

I've seen this before, too many times. By dividing the vote,
the second or third choice can rise to the top.

Nobody gets what they want by dividing from each other this way.
We need unity not division.

You and Trump do the reform needed a DISSERVICE
by attacking Cruz and others who are pushing for reforms and protections from bad govt.

How Trump managed to turn people against the conservatives
who can lead the way is beyond me. The first step is to get
everyone on your side, starting with your own peers, not divide and alienate everyone
to get media attention.
Could you shorten your posts a little? I don't mind responding to one or two points at a time but shit man, I'm not gonna sort through a whole damn book and respond to every one of them in one post.

That is the short version, sorry.
You don't need to respond to all of it, of course not,
just pick out the points that strike you as key
and take it from there. By process of elimination
we'll pinpoint the real issues that matter.

Just pick out those, and I'll follow your lead.

For example:
I think the real issue is who upholds the Constitution
and policies where all America can agree. If we decide
policies by consensus, nobody can buy anyone out.
(Instead of rejecting people over differences, we can include
them all under equal Constitutional protection and representation.)

Now which of these candidates can pull all leaders
and all parties to work together toward consensus?
who puts America first before their own self interests?

Certainly not the billionaire corporations donating millions of dollars to candidates like Hillary, she's as dishonest and crooked as the day is long. I find it hard to believe they are putting the country ahead of their own interests.

How is Cruz or any other candidate supposed to control who donors give money to?
That's not the point. If Hillary is their second choice, there must be something that Cruz and Hillary were both willing to do for them that Trump is against.
that's utter bull crap.

these donors first donated to bush, then donated to rubio then reluctantly donated to cruz, all before the pacs supporting hillary approached them to see if they would contribute to their PACS.

They are nevertrumpers, because donald duck is the most disgusting candidate for President in all of US History....he's a lying duffus, arrogant, ignorant, embarrassing, narcissistic idiot and NO ONE like him should ever in a million years, no matter who he is running against, be President of the USA....he's a great reality tv show host though.... :D
No, it's because they can't control him the way they can control any of the other ones. Funny how you liberals suddenly turn into crony corporate capitalists when it's YOUR candidate being bought and paid for.
ok, since you know so much, what is it that they want? please tell us oh wise one....

The proof is in the pudding. How funny is this? Hey maybe Hillary will pick one of them as VP!

You know if one good thing has truly come out in this election cycle is that we actually learned how very very rotten our so called governments are. We're no different than freaking Uganda. And we should be ashamed.

Kudos to Trump and Sanders for staying the course as we witness this abomination called an election.

Wealthy Cruz and Bush Donors Dump Millions Into Hillary Clinton’s Campaign

Jim Hoft May 9th, 2016 4:39 pm 211 Comments

cruz-hillary-575x369.jpg

That didn’t take long.

Cruz donor James Simons, who donated over a million dollars to Ted’s failed campaign, has begun pouring millions into Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Wealthy Cruz and Bush Donors Dump Millions Into Hillary Clinton's Campaign
"Hey maybe Hillary will pick one of them as VP!"

OMG!! You are really out of touch with reality!! LMAO

This is no surprise to me. We all...well many of us already knew the Bush's were thick with the Clintons. I already saw where Laura is voting Hillary, and I am sure W will too. They all probably will.
They will because she is the only sane, reasonable choice. Not because they are thinking about money. They will because Trump as president would be the ruination of the country and any sane person knows that. They are voting against Trump, not for Hillary. Duh.

Certainly not the billionaire corporations donating millions of dollars to candidates like Hillary, she's as dishonest and crooked as the day is long. I find it hard to believe they are putting the country ahead of their own interests.

I think the fear is that Donald Trump won't listen and represent the public interest either.
The same antics he uses to discredit any competition also renders him unpredictable and unreliable.

If he is going to respect the Constitution, why would he attack Cruz who seeks to defend that almost to a fault?
I find more men on the conservative side who trust Trump more than Hillary.

But the more I read about the conservative voting base that Trump has alienated,
this is not a unifying force. I thought Ryan made a good point that Trump has to show unifying leadership to win respect as deserving of that position.

If he cannot even unify the party he claims to represent, how can he unify America in all our diversity?

I would almost trust Hillary to stand back and let other people with better ideas run over anything she would propose to the contrary.
But the behavior shown by Trump to tear down his own constituents tells me he would throw the baby out with the bathwater.
He would shoot himself in the foot if it got more ratings and votes even if defeats the ultimate purpose which is to enact solutions which takes teamwork.

Backstabbing is not teamwork.
Trump and Clinton have the worst record of doing this for their own promotional interests.

So it's a matter of which person people fear less or distrust less.

Trump rubs people the wrong way on both left and right, and even foreign leaders looking at this spectacle.

When Bill Clinton got elected, I was hoping he'd get blocked enough that people could lead better policies and solutions, from the grassroots level of
the people who should be in charge of govt, not mgmt from the top down that doesn't represent the entire public.

We need leadership that will allow people to organize and lead our own solutions,
and not block it with deadlocking and bullying politics. The way Obama and both Clintons push partisan interests
to the exclusion of the rest of the public, this contributes to equal and opposite backlash.

Cruz is at least trying to return govt to enforcing Constitutional standards as consistently as he can.
We need leaders who are even more inclusive than he is in that process,
but at least Cruz would not backstab his own constituents he needs to work with!

This is no surprise to me. We all...well many of us already knew the Bush's were thick with the Clintons. I already saw where Laura is voting Hillary, and I am sure W will too. They all probably will.
They will because she is the only sane, reasonable choice. Not because they are thinking about money. They will because Trump as president would be the ruination of the country and any sane person knows that. They are voting against Trump, not for Hillary. Duh.

I agree many people will vote against Trump for Hillary and against Hillary for Trump.

Both of them clearly put their own ego and interests above what represents and serves the public.

Again, unfortunately as long as our political culture REWARDS bullying in the media, and lying about past wrongs to save face politically,
we get liars who are selfish enough to push themselves above others at any cost. Same with Obama who is rewarded for these same tactics.

The good leaders who work with all people in a fair and civil manner
are not going to catch media attention like the controversial types who stir up rating and voter rallies.

Thus, we get the govt we ask for. We need to change what we ask for!

"Cruz and Bush donors switch to Hillary."

Illustrating the idiocy of the ‘anti-establishment’ nonsense.

Real change can start only at the very local level, not from the top down.

As ‘president’ Trump would do nothing and could do nothing to bring about actual ‘change,’ it’s sophomoric and delusional to believe otherwise.

"If he is going to respect the Constitution, why would he attack Cruz who seeks to defend that almost to a fault?"

You can’t be serious – Cruz is no ‘defender’ of the Constitution; Cruz has nothing but contempt for Constitutional case law and the rule of law.

If he is going to respect the Constitution, why would he attack Cruz who seeks to defend that almost to a fault?
Because they were running against each other and Cruz was attacking him. Was he supposed to not respond or try to win?

"Cruz and Bush donors switch to Hillary."

Illustrating the idiocy of the ‘anti-establishment’ nonsense.

Real change can start only at the very local level, not from the top down.

As ‘president’ Trump would do nothing and could do nothing to bring about actual ‘change,’ it’s sophomoric and delusional to believe otherwise.

Dear C_Clayton_Jones and how would Clinton bring any such change at a grassroots level?

Do you consider her fundraisers selling seats for more than people make in a year
any indication of the gap between people at the top and the bottom?

Perhaps a combination of Trump and Sanders supporters could unite the workers on a grassroots level of investing directly in change.

I was hoping that unity on a Constitutional level would unite parties on common principles.
But when Trump even threw Cruz under the bus, it seems not even the Constitution
is enough to rally the teams in a unified effort. So much for that!

the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Um, ok.
1st sentence in the op is the nonsensical bastardized version of the saying.

It's not nonsensical at all. It's the modern version

"The modern version of "The proof is in the pudding." Implies that there is a lot of evidence that I will not go through at this moment and you should take my word for it, or you could go through all of the evidence yourself.

Homeowner: I don't believe it really takes 100 trees to build a house?

Carpenter: The lumber for the framing of the house requires all the boards to be the same length; the proof is in the pudding."

Urban Dictionary: the proof is in the pudding

that's utter bull crap.

these donors first donated to bush, then donated to rubio then reluctantly donated to cruz, all before the pacs supporting hillary approached them to see if they would contribute to their PACS.

They are nevertrumpers, because donald duck is the most disgusting candidate for President in all of US History....he's a lying duffus, arrogant, ignorant, embarrassing, narcissistic idiot and NO ONE like him should ever in a million years, no matter who he is running against, be President of the USA....he's a great reality tv show host though.... :D
No, it's because they can't control him the way they can control any of the other ones. Funny how you liberals suddenly turn into crony corporate capitalists when it's YOUR candidate being bought and paid for.
ok, since you know so much, what is it that they want? please tell us oh wise one....
The same thing they always want, a puppet.

Because they were running against each other and Cruz was attacking him. Was he supposed to not respond or try to win?

Where did Cruz say anything that wasn't true about Trump?

Lots of false things have been allowed to circulate about Cruz that he didn't do.
Cruz may be biased against the left but he's not a liar.

From what I understand, because Trump was resorting to personal attacks on people for media attention,
that's the main criticism his opponents had on him: his immature inability to debate and discuss the
issues and solutions without resorting to such remarks. And his inexperience in various areas, including
this inability to give and take corrections civilly instead of putting on a "reality TV show" act for publicity.

He was the only person resorting to such extreme poor taste in commentary
such as the sexist-baiting referral to a woman bleeding from "wherever"
and the gratuitous reference to male anatomy in proportion to hand size.

Nobody else was trying to take the media exchanges to that level but Trump.
That has been their main complaint, and for Trump not to listen and try to improve on this
is a bad sign if people can't take correction from their own peers even when it's in their interests.
He can still carry the same interest in the media WITHOUT stooping to such tactics,
or he should be able to if he has the right ideas and solutions to promote as policy and reform.

Why not stick to that? Will he really rally more votes than he alienates
by sticking to this trend of personal attacks and bullying that detract from real issues to address?

Forum List

Back