Cruz Submits Constitutional Amendment for Congress Term Limits

Now the left can tell the voters why professional politicians are needed.

Ted Cruz introduces term limits amendment

Even If they could get to 2/3rds of each house, I'm not sure 3/4ths of the State legislatures will vote to ratify. Why, because people in State politicians have aspirations of higher office and they would be essentially voting to limit their own future power. What's the chance of that?

Even If they could get to 2/3rds of each house, I'm not sure 3/4ths of the State legislatures will vote to ratify. Why, because people in State politicians have aspirations of higher office and they would be essentially voting to limit their own future power. What's the chance of that?
I disagree Tex. Right now, 33 states are controlled by conservatives. Small government conservatives. I think you will see it pass by the states. They are as tired of career politicians in Washington as we are.

I disagree Tex. Right now, 33 states are controlled by conservatives. Small government conservatives. I think you will see it pass by the states. They are as tired of career politicians in Washington as we are.

Yeah, they all talk big, I seriously doubt it will make it out of congress.

How is it then that many state offices are term limited?

No doubt a good thing, fuck career politicians. They can fucking burn in hell

The public needs to inform them that if they dont approve it they wont be reelected anyway so it's a moot point.
The public is too stupid or uninformed. How do you think we got in this mess in the first place?

The public needs to inform them that if they dont approve it they wont be reelected anyway so it's a moot point.
The public is too stupid or uninformed. How do you think we got in this mess in the first place?

There is that.
Many state legislatures are term limited, why not the assholes in DC?

If Trump pushes hard for this and mobilizes support, it can be done.

I certainly hope so.

Maybe. But remember Trump is President, he will publically shame those that oppose the swamp draining amendment. I don't think it is a good career move to publically take on a President like Trump who loves Tweeting.

or they could see it as opening up a bottleneck for them to actually get to federal office. If people can stay in the house/senate for 30 years, you have a whole generation of state politicians with little hope of snagging a federal slot (especially in the smaller States).

That is an absolutely spot on assessment!

How is it then that many state offices are term limited?

Many were done by voter referendum.

or they could see it as opening up a bottleneck for them to actually get to federal office. If people can stay in the house/senate for 30 years, you have a whole generation of state politicians with little hope of snagging a federal slot (especially in the smaller States).

Maybe

Forum List

Back